Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    this is all wishful thinking
    you didnt see him go for this gun or not, you just decided to take the side of the perp
    and you also dont know whether or not the guy tried to get away...he might have and then saw them catch up fast and thought twice

you saw what you wanted...and what you wanted was an innocent minority and evil police

why would he leave without being told too?
    why isnt his hands vanishing when the cop opens the door just as much evidence that he did in fact snatch or push that gun
    There is no universe in which you watched the relevant videos here and come to the conclusions you just did. None.

1. The video of the car driving off shows he isn't speeding or otherwise suspect. If the cops had wanted him to stay at the house for reasons that would have instigated the aggression they eventually showed toward him, they wouldn't have let him leave.

2. There is no indication in the videos that he is speeding at any point; he pulls over without incident.

3. He _CLEARLY_ has his hands up at every point in the video until the cop smashes the window in onto him and reaches in and punches him. If the guy was actually trying to take his gun, there is no universe in which the cop STAYS in that position and yells at him "don't take my gun". If he actually thought he was taking the gun, he would not have stayed in the car.

4. In what universe is it ok for a cop to repeatedly punch an already subdued person in the back of the head multiple times?

I'm all for the cops and I'd hope that even in a situation as cut and dry as this, that what they did was born out of a misunderstanding of a situation or something close, but there is no possible way you can consider what they did acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean it's racism it could be simply be that blacks commit more crimes.
    This is so patently stupid and funny that if it wasn't overtly racist, I'd put it in my signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post

This is so patently stupid and funny that if it wasn't overtly racist, I'd put it in my signature.
    Well, they do actually.
    its a question of socio-economics, poor people commit more crimes, and black people are poor (as an average).

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    I think he means them being brutal, assaulting him, saying 'stop going for my gun'' when he's hands are clearly in the air, smashing his window in, charging his car with a car going the wrong way down a road. ETC ETC ETC
    That person was jumping the gun, meaning something he didn't say, or basing his conclusion on false grounds. Either way, a response is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean it's racism it could be simply be that blacks commit more crimes.
    We need affirmative action for crimes. When too many black people have been charged of crimes we have to start letting them go and charging more white people... /I don't really believe this...

But I agree, this could very well be the case. Without something that proves it's a racially charged we can only speculate..

OT: I think this is ridiculous and am glad the dashcam recording came out and that charges are being brought against the cops.
    Last edited by DrStiglit; 2014-02-27 at 07:14 PM.

Lovely, /punching man in the face, "STOP RESISTING!". Everything about this makes me sick, fucking fascists.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-02-27 at 07:13 PM.

Just another case in the Land of the Free

- - - Updated - - -

this is all wishful thinking
    you didnt see him go for this gun or not, you just decided to take the side of the perp
    and you also dont know whether or not the guy tried to get away...he might have and then saw them catch up fast and thought twice

you saw what you wanted...and what you wanted was an innocent minority and evil police

why would he leave without being told too?
    why isnt his hands vanishing when the cop opens the door just as much evidence that he did in fact snatch or push that gun
    did you watch the video?

These cops are disgusting... and it's not very surprising honestly...

Also to the people trying to talk about race and saying it doesn't matter that he's black, what world are you living in?

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    Replace the word "black man" with "man" and this would be a interesting read, but since you made it about race well....
    Replace "man" with "human" and this would be an interesting read, but since you made this about gender.

Replace "human" with "sentient being" and this would be an interesting read, but since you made this about species.
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    I couldn't even get past bullet-point #1

While people of color make up about 30 percent of the United States’ population, they account for 60 percent of those imprisoned.
    1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated
    Absurd. 1 in 36 people in the prison system are not Dominican or Haitian (Hispanic).

1 in every 106 white men {are incarcerated}
    73% of Latinos self-identify as "white" when given the opportunity on government forms. They can't be "people of color" AND "white" in the same study.

Asinine link is asinine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    These cops are disgusting... and it's not very surprising honestly...

Also to the people trying to talk about race and saying it doesn't matter that he's black, what world are you living in?
    maybe the world in which, at no point did any of the officers utter anything about his race?
    The world in which one of the officers are black?

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    maybe the world in which, at no point did any of the officers utter anything about his race?
    The world in which one of the officers are black?
    Really thats the best you got? Because they didn't holler "get the n****, yeee hawww!" means it couldn't possibly have been racially motivated.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2014-02-27 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally unsurprising. This happens a lot to racial minorities, especially black people. It's sickening.

About as sickening as some of the white people in this thread trying to deny the fact that racial minorities are much more often targeted by police, arrested and incarcerated for no wrongdoing. It happens a lot, and to say it doesn't is to turn a blind, privileged eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The "black man" part in the title isn't needed, tired of people trying to bring race into everything.
    It's NJ... it probably is. I see 3 white officers completely going overboard for apparently ZERO reason against a Black Males. Yeah.... I'm pretty fucking sure RACE had EVERYTHING to do with it.

I've yet to see one of these videos where it's 3 or more white officers vs a white subject. In fact, I've really yet to see hardly any overly corrupt bullshit like this verse same race "offenders."

That being said, I'm aware of the Seattle video where the homeless man died and I do put that in a different category. It's still horseshit and completely disgusting but I'm specifically focusing on these traffic incidents where dash cams some how "disappear."

Deleted
    And people wonder why everybody hates and nobody trusts the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Literally unsurprising. This happens a lot to racial minorities, especially black people. It's sickening.

About as sickening as some of the white people in this thread trying to deny the fact that racial minorities are much more often targeted by police, arrested and incarcerated for no wrongdoing. It happens a lot, and to say it doesn't is to turn a blind, privileged eye.
    Any sane person wants to prevent this from happening to any person regardless of their race. You just want to hijack another thread and turn it into an evil whitey thread instead of the reality which is cops like this are true pieces of shit and those cops can be black or latino as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, guys, guys, this isn't about race. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    There is no universe in which you watched the relevant videos here and come to the conclusions you just did. None.

1. The video of the car driving off shows he isn't speeding or otherwise suspect. If the cops had wanted him to stay at the house for reasons that would have instigated the aggression they eventually showed toward him, they wouldn't have let him leave.

2. There is no indication in the videos that he is speeding at any point; he pulls over without incident.

3. He _CLEARLY_ has his hands up at every point in the video until the cop smashes the window in onto him and reaches in and punches him. If the guy was actually trying to take his gun, there is no universe in which the cop STAYS in that position and yells at him "don't take my gun". If he actually thought he was taking the gun, he would not have stayed in the car.

4. In what universe is it ok for a cop to repeatedly punch an already subdued person in the back of the head multiple times?

I'm all for the cops and I'd hope that even in a situation as cut and dry as this, that what they did was born out of a misunderstanding of a situation or something close, but there is no possible way you can consider what they did acceptable.
    #1 the video shows him slowing down and stoping...not getting away (that part probably doesnt help his case so they dont show it"
    #2 why would they point that out? they are on his side..., they didnt deny it either..they just left that out entirely
    # 3and you CLEARLY see his left hand vanish when the cop opens there..what did he do with it? who can say?
    #4 in the universe where grown men reach for their guns, i would pistol whip him for that...so that cop is probably nicer than i am

i am not for the cops
    and i am not against that man

i am against liberal dogma that can set a man free because the police department is afraid they will get a lawsuit
    you..and no one else can be sure he is innocent from an edited video that is clearly in his favor
    you wanted to believe it...so you did

Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post

Sit in that lunch if you're treating
    Kick it with your bitch who come from Parisian
    She know where I get mine from, and the season
    Now she wanna lick my plum in the evening
    And fit that ton-tongue d-deep in
    I guess that cunt getting eaten

OT:

People who are ignorant about other's experiences don't know about them and then some of those people are arrogant enough to pretend it doesn't exist, and voice that opinion.

When it comes to discussing misconduct with police and minorities it's hard to not mention race since often times minorities are treated more harsh and more likely to be prejudged thanks to racial profiling.
    Last edited by Themius; 2014-02-27 at 11:07 PM.

#1 the video shows him slowing down and stoping...not getting away (that part probably doesnt help his case so they dont show it"
    #2 why would they point that out? they are on his side..., they didnt deny it either..they just left that out entirely
    # 3and you CLEARLY see his left hand vanish when the cop opens there..what did he do with it? who can say?
    #4 in the universe where grown men reach for their guns, i would pistol whip him for that...so that cop is probably nicer than i am

i am not for the cops
    and i am not against that man

i am against liberal dogma that can set a man free because the police department is afraid they will get a lawsuit
    you..and no one else can be sure he is innocent from an edited video that is clearly in his favor
    you wanted to believe it...so you did
    So, I'm going to break down some logic bombs for you.

1. If there was a part of the video that showed this, the right wing media would have picked it up and showed it, and the prosecutors would have charged him for it. LOGIC BOMB.
    2. If there was a part of the video that showed this, the right wing media would have picked it up and showed it, and the prosecutors would have charged him for it. LOGIC BOMB.
    3. If there was a part of the video that showed this, the right wing media would have picked it up and showed it, and the prosecutors would have charged him for it. LOGIC BOMB. Also, if the cop was actually worried that the guy was going for his gun, he wouldn't have remained in what would have been an incredibly vunlerable position yelling DON'T TAKE MY GUN! He would have backed out of the car so as not to potentially give the guy a gun pointing at his stomach. LOGIC BOMB.
    4. If you're an idiot, I guess I can't help that. If you have a gun and you think someone is reaching for it, you move back, because you have a fucking GUN.

Make no mistake; if there were parts of the tapes that exist that exonerate the cops here, they would have been seen by both the prosecutors and by the media. It is absurdly illogical to say "there might be other parts you didn't see that explain the bits you did see, so you are seeing what you want to see". No, I am seeing what exists to see. If more evidence comes to light that shows me otherwise, I'll be more than happy to flip my opinion. It seems incredibly unlikely.

What you are essentially saying is that:
    1. The prosecutors go after convictions on the dude.
    2. Nobody believes his story, it is so outlandish.
    3. The police are compelled to reveal tapes that they had conveniently not shown the prosecution prior, that corroborate what the man's story was.
    4. On seeing the tapes provided by the police, the prosecution drops all charges against the man and indicts the police instead.
    5. For some reason, the bits of the tape that back up the police have disappeared, not to be seen by either the prosecution OR the media at large.

It is so irrational it is hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    It's NJ... it probably is. I see 3 white officers completely going overboard for apparently ZERO reason against a Black Males. Yeah.... I'm pretty fucking sure RACE had EVERYTHING to do with it.

I've yet to see one of these videos where it's 3 or more white officers vs a white subject. In fact, I've really yet to see hardly any overly corrupt bullshit like this verse same race "offenders."

That being said, I'm aware of the Seattle video where the homeless man died and I do put that in a different category. It's still horseshit and completely disgusting but I'm specifically focusing on these traffic incidents where dash cams some how "disappear."
    Kelly Thomas was white