Thread: [TV] Heroes

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Anyone know how harris power works? Does it need a flesh/blood part to make a clone or does every dropped hair, cut-off nail and blood drop (let's say if he got a paper cut xD) turn into a clone?
    What if someone punched him in the face and the blood splatter resulted in 47 different specks of blood?!?! There has to be some limit, else I'd have an army of me.

And why did the clone have clothes?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post

I diden't even think about that xD
    That is weird... There is really no readon for it since as far as i understood it was just extreme tissue regéneration and not cloth summoning :O

Even shit that wouldn't have been cut off, like a tie and shoes. Can someone confirm this? Cuz... lol othewise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even shit that wouldn't have been cut off, like a tie and shoes. Can someone confirm this? Cuz... lol othewise.
    It could just be that cloning copies everything down to what he wears.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if someone punched him in the face and the blood splatter resulted in 47 different specks of blood?!?! There has to be some limit, else I'd have an army of me.

I am assuming it was just a convenience thing for TV. It was inconsistent though because the clone had the came clothing, but when the original's arm grew back, it didn't have his watch. He asked the clone to give it back to him.

I think it would have been funnier though if he just constantly walked around with a suitcase full of extra sets of clothing or something.

true, but so is the ability to completely duplicate yourself instantly, and if you can make a clone of yourself, it's not that much of astretch to conclue you can make a copy with exactly what you are wearing.

afterall in all the comic and super powers universes, the cloners ability is always a duplicate of themselves as they are when they multiply, clothes n all..presumably it's inappropriate to show naked peeps in comic books or national tv

A copy like dude in the original series, sure, but a GROWN from a severed forearm is a bit of a stretch. I mean, this is a show about people cutting peoples brains open to see how it works and adopting absurd powers from it... so, just nitpicking.

A copy like dude in the original series, sure, but a GROWN from a severed forearm is a bit of a stretch. I mean, this is a show about people cutting peoples brains open to see how it works and adopting absurd powers from it... so, just nitpicking.
    I like it better when they implied he ate them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy Levis character actully realised that what they were doing was wrong and told her that (Sorry i don't remember names atm xD)

I'm suprised they already killed off 2 characters from the old shows..

The teleporting guy seems extremly odd.. I mean in the first episode he said "I don't know where anything of it goes"
    And the suddenly in this episode he can travel many miles to a place he's never seen before with exact precision..

And to quote nightcrawler from X2 he said "I need to see where i'm going or i might end up inside a wall or something" so he seems to have adapted the teleporting too fast imo

Harris getting 3 more clones.. I wonder how many times he have had to cut off parts xD and if it hurts him to do sooo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy Levis character actully realised that what they were doing was wrong and told her that (Sorry i don't remember names atm xD)

I'm suprised they already killed off 2 characters from the old shows..

The teleporting guy seems extremly odd.. I mean in the first episode he said "I don't know where anything of it goes"
    And the suddenly in this episode he can travel many miles to a place he's never seen before with exact precision..

And to quote nightcrawler from X2 he said "I need to see where i'm going or i might end up inside a wall or something" so he seems to have adapted the teleporting too fast imo

Harris getting 3 more clones.. I wonder how many times he have had to cut off parts xD and if it hurts him to do sooo
    Yeah, I was worried about the direction they were going with Levi's character last episode, but I thought they handled it well.

The teleporting kid figured out how his power worked in like the first episode. He teleports things to wherever he is thinking about at the time he used it. It's not at all impossible that he had been to the hospital at some point previously. Unless you are talking about someplace other he teleported that I am forgetting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just found it odd that he could think about a place he's never been to, kinda hard to teleport to a spot when you don't know what that spot is(just assumeing he's never been there before) but i guess it works out if you don't thknk too hard into it

He could have just google mapped the hospital on a phone or something and used that as his guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The teleporting kid figured out how his power worked in like the first episode. He teleports things to wherever he is thinking about at the time he used it. It's not at all impossible that he had been to the hospital at some point previously. Unless you are talking about someplace other he teleported that I am forgetting.
    Yeah, but the middle of a place where people are, and got lucky that no one or no hospital gerny (sp) was at that exact location.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but the middle of a place where people are, and got lucky that no one or no hospital gerny (sp) was at that exact location.
    It doesn't seem like it has to be an exact location really though. He had been porting things to that room under the old Primatech building for a long time and he had not been there since he was a child and only partially remembered it and nothing ever ending up inside a wall or a table or anything. Be it a built in safety measure or just to simplify things for TV, it seems he can just think of a location like a room and it will port whatever it is into that room safely.

I just found it odd that he could think about a place he's never been to, kinda hard to teleport to a spot when you don't know what that spot is(just assuming he's never been there before) but i guess it works out if you don't thknk too hard into it
    well it's unlikely he had never been there, they travel a lot don't they, he could have teleported outside a hospital he had known, but then they always avoided hospital, or is it blood testing? or his powers are growing, or bad writing.

i no longer get turned off by small detail inconsistencies, these shows never get them 100% right, so I stopped caring about that a while back, or i'd never watch anything, unless they're glaringly obvious and really just stupid like in ruining the whole plot, i tend to let it slide even if i notice, then I stop noticing mostly.

I liked the latest episode, i'm not sure i like heroes super heavy themes, but then that is what it's always been about, something big happening, gosh i hate the powers killing couple, they're insane, but it was a good moment to see the husband walk away, they've obviously been building that up for the 4 episodes .. I bet the wife gets to join the company and go powers hunting, she plays the mad chick so well, and that hair style, skinny black girl - remeinds you of some of those crazy music videos,

but they killed off Molly ... Noooo ... although as is suspected many of these deaths are for <<insert more dramatic effect >> , i mean they have no intention of using most of those old characters at all save to bring continuity. But they shouldn't be too trigger happy, Heroes original may have sucked towards the end, but it had an extraordinary first season, and many including me endured the second season till it got a bit better but not enough in the 3rd season.. and whiles I don't remember any of the characters except those they keep bringing up, and Peter and Silah (never forget those) I was quite young when it aired, still Claire, Noah, The japanese dude Hiro in addition to Peter and Silah are the most memorable, I remember Peter's mum cos she looked so much like Ozzy Osborne's wife who's big over here on reality shows, well use to around that time when i did watch x-factor and wanted to be a music star !!

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, back in the original heroes, didn't Hiro bamf from Japan to New York about a day after learning about his powers? Makes jumping a couple of states across seem a bit weak sauce in comparison .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    It doesn't seem like it has to be an exact location really though. He had been porting things to that room under the old Primatech building for a long time and he had not been there since he was a child and only partially remembered it and nothing ever ending up inside a wall or a table or anything. Be it a built in safety measure or just to simplify things for TV, it seems he can just think of a location like a room and it will port whatever it is into that room safely.
    I'd be porting shit randomly all over the place.

I'd be porting shit randomly all over the place.
    until you get caught though, you may have powers but there are people who can stop you and now people with powers tracking others with powers..

i think i'm not that impressed with that, because that was what The Tomorrow People was all about - it tried, but it failed at being a Heroes show, it always came across as a heroe's wanna be that wasn't as good as the original, although it had this Jumper vibe to it. Heroes does heroes much better.

I liked Jumper, I'd forgotten about that movie.

I wouldn't do it opening, but like finish off a quart of OJ and then port that thing to some kids room to get him in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    until you get caught though, you may have powers but there are people who can stop you and now people with powers tracking others with powers..

i think i'm not that impressed with that, because that was what The Tomorrow People was all about - it tried, but it failed at being a Heroes show, it always came across as a heroes wanna be that wasn't as good as the original, although it had this Jumper vibe to it. Heroes does heroes much better.
    I think another problem with Tomorrow People was that it lacked scale a bit (at least for me), they called it "war" between evolved humans and normal humans yet all we saw was a group of like 20+ "powered people" vs a part of organisation/corporation (that surprise surprise also didn't have like hundreds of employees) and the powers themselves seemed to work a bit weird with the machines "that could harness and use the powers". As you said heroes does heroes much better.

As for the memorable characters from original series I remember Claire, Noah, Nikki, Peter, Sylar, Hiro&Ando, Matt and from later Daphne and Tracy Strauss (Tracy because I think her water based powers were the best).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.