Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

Remove metas, titles, battle pets and mounts from old content

One thing I am absolutely tired of seeing is people walking around with Firelord/dragonslayer/Fearless etc titles with skyscreamers and what not mounts and when you inspect them and see their achievements, they got it AFTER the content had passed which is completely unacceptable. If you were not able to complete the content while it was relevant then in my opinion you do not deserve to get it. To let these amazing things still be obtainable after the content has been nerfed/out-dated demotivates players to get it while it is current therefor slowly destroying the game and causing it to become more stale.

This is the typical thought of most players who get these things- "Hmm, instead of finding a guild and actually trying to kill H Sha of Fear so I can get the amazing fearless title, I'll just wait 1 or 2 more tier until it is nerfed and the newest gear can carry me through it"

^^^ Things like these is what is destroying heroic raider prestige these days and it is sickening to my eyes.

imo the meta mounts and titles should be made completely unobtainable after the tier has passed and all the battle pet and mount drops should be nerfed to >1%

I believe this will actually motivate players to actually engage in this content while it is relevant instead of waiting until it is outdated and facerolling it therefor improving the quality of the game.

Why does it matter to you? How does other people getting these things after the content was relevant affect you in any way other than your "EPEEN"?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

^

it takes away the uniqueness of the titles

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    ^^^ Things like these is what is destroying heroic raider prestige these days and it is sickening to my eyes.
    You are adorable.

Also, probably not even something close to a real raider, let alone one that competes for world first kills.
    Even if you were... *shrug*.. Who cares?

I believe this will actually motivate players to actually engage in this content while it is relevant instead of waiting until it is outdated and facerolling it therefor improving the quality of the game.
    Only people who like challenge are motivated by challenge. The rest of the world takes what they can get.

Both ingame and in real life.

You're welcome for this free life lesson.

Removing content is the worst thing blizzard does to the game. How about no.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with OP but too many people are upset and rage so they scrapped that concept in after patch 3.1. Everything is here to stay except challenge modes and elite pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slahaldin View Post
    ^

it takes away the uniqueness of the titles
    Uniqueness In an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a returning topic, and always changes for the worse.

There is no gain or lose by remove achievements and such from old content - oh wait, there is, you lose content for others. Why would you want to remove content from the game even more?

You have the one thing you can brag with, "Ahead of the curve...." which is a feat given before a boss is nerfed.

This is more a stroke of epeen, really. I have been through these posts, as well as all content - and people don't seem to complain that much, as you would look at one getting something 1-2 years old, while you just killed the current content boss and got a mount the wont be able to. This kind of topic is on the border of greed, really.

You already have things locked as they reach next tier/season.
    • PvP Achievement mounts.
    • PvP Elite gear.
    • PvP Rank Arena title.
    • "Ahead of the curve... " achievement.
    • Challenge mode gear

Just some of them
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-23 at 02:21 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

And you wonder why we call some players elitists ?
    You can inspect them and judge from that.
    You have your means of identifying, and so does anyone else who takes a little effort.
    Get over yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    destroying heroic raider prestige
    thanks for the laugh

10+ Year Old Account
    As well, you have a nice numer, telling you the date you got it? It's more important on when, than who, no?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe not remove but i think they should add something more "visible" for ppl that kill things when they were actual content. Maybe it's me and "special snowflake"syndrome but i think cutting edge fos is too little Still im damn proud for my will of emperor fos.

Heroic raiders have prestige? Since when? We are talking about a flipping video game here aimed at teenage boys. *No* one raids current heroics for titles or achievements or "prestige". Raiders raid because they like the challenge. Simple as that.

TLR; "I believe that Blizzard should take away most of the things that keep the quiet masses actually paying for their product in order to ensure I can continue to self-inflate my own ego-boat."

Deleted
    They have systematically destroyed any notion of special snowflakes as each expansion has gone along - wouldnt be surprised if the PVP things become more attainable in the future either.

In rpgs you get stronger and you can achieve stuff, you couldn before, by leveling up your character.

SO if you want to play this game competive, do not look at what stuff the people have, that was current years ago. Look at if they have the stuff that matters now.
    They are throwing us some bones every now and then (gladiator mounts, challenge mode removal, dropchance of heroicboss mounts to 1% etc) but the biggest part of this game is played by rpg people, not competitive people and therefore most stuff will always be "do it now or do it later".
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, also remove armor, give no reason to go in old dungeons/raids!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    i think OP is kinda right. but as far as i know there are achievements (like ahead of the curve) which already represent you beating content when its the current patch. more than that (like a title) would be unfair imo.

It's not going to happen. Get the fuck over it dude.