Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the biggest counter arguement for this entire thread? the mount off lord aurius rivendare in stratholme, and the ashes mount in TK. if you can walk up to the people who spent weeks, even years maybe, farming the mounts from them, and say they don't deserve it, i will be willing to bet cold hard cash that in some way you would either get completely blasted out of the water verbally for saying they don't deserve it, or they would literally beat you into submission.

lowering the chance to get a mount? i'm okay with that. people who want it can still get it, but it will take effort. removing it completely? well, thats when several thousand people simultaneously quit because the past 2 years of farming a deathcharger or fire chicken mount have essentially been wasted.

if you have a good (read: not entitled, logical arguments only) reason as to why they should still be taken out, and the chance not just dropped, then i'd love to hear it. if not, well, you just might have special snowflake syndrome. may wanna get that checked out.

How about NO? If you need the feeling of beeing a special snowflake, go ahead, kill Garrosh HC, and brag about it for whoever may care. Some people have several reasons for not completing current content, but would love to, eventually. I'm still pissed that they removed Black and Plagued Proto Drakes from Glory of the Raider... Absolutely EVERY Meta Achievement becomes faceroll one day, even in it's own xpac, removing things like this is just nonsense. Look for Glory of the Thundering Raider, I'm sure now it's pretty much doable for an average joe with LFR/Flex gear. As soon as WoD arrives, will be facerolled by everyone and his brother. But Kor'kron Juggernaut's drop will be nerfed, as expected, so, everything beyond this point is farly unnecessary.

I am usually against elitist attitudes but I agree with this, some of my titles were rare once upon a time and when I was last playing they didn't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    I am usually against elitist attitudes but I agree with this, some of my titles were rare once upon a time and when I was last playing they didn't mean shit.
    And why don't you have this or last tiers title then?

Your old titles are meaningless - nobody actually cares about what you did 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    And why don't you have this or last tiers title then?

Your old titles are meaningless - nobody actually cares about what you did 2-3 years ago.
    He does, thats the point. It would mean more to him that the title he earned 2 years ago, when content was current, is only available to those people who did the content when current.

Does it really add to your gameplay to walk into raids and solo everything for the same rewards people who raided weeks for got? Imo they should keep atleast one piece separate, like remove the mount or title or something, and keep the rest in place.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2014-02-24 at 12:15 PM.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    Mount or title is not the achievement, achievement is defeating the boss before everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now this happens...

I'm a mere casual just scrubbing my way around in WoW but I happen to have 25k gold laying around.
    Now this super elite hardcore guild is selling kills in trade. Just like is happening now with HC Garrosh. And they just happen to cost 25k, so I buy one. I semi afk-cruise through the raid enjoying the pretty scenery and nice colors waiting for the boss to drop dead on the floor while Recount is showing my 60k dps for the fight. But who cares, I paid for the kill and they have outgeared the raid anyways. No skill required, on my part.

How would the OP ever know I'm a scrub like that? For all he knows I too am part of the elite club he assumingly is part of as well. Now, not everyone can buy themselves into a raid, but it does happen. And it happens a lot. So they have not 'worked' for their titles etc either. So what's the difference? Those elite guilds can show off their mounts for a couple of months before the rest of the players get them. And when they start getting those rewards, the elite players already have a new carrot on a stick to follow and show off.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2014-02-24 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    How about no. "heroic raiders" Don't need handed every reward on a silver platter and pampered live movie stars because they are doing this content. I'd go as far a to say that the only reward heroic raiders should get is a higher grade set of gear, after all you are doing the content for the challenge NOT the shiny toys that only upgrade your epeen and sense of "Self worth" which is sad when you need a set of pixels to achieve that goal.

The only REAL heroic raiders are those who are working for world first, and to a lesser extent server first. How about we give them a special title only and remove it the moment that world/server first is achieved and let no wanna be raider get it after that point? You'd be singing a different tune I'd wager. How it was unfair you never got a chance at it, as you were working just as hard through heroic content while it was relevant.

What they should do is bring removed rewards back, and stop pampering the 1% who only care for themselves and standing out rather than feeling accomplished that they even did the content to start with. Would rather every mount in game be mailed to people for just logging in that day before I'd see them "Earned" by the selfish 1% who aren't even happy with the reward to start with. "Omg, lazy bli$$ard! Its a RESKIN! *Rages on about how unique mounts are on the store as if it some how effects their special status*"
    You sound really jealous that better players want better rewards.

Why shouldn't raiders have prestige for their accomplishments? The gear is only part of progression, not really a reward itself.

You should go Occupy Stormwind or something

Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    One thing I am absolutely tired of seeing is people walking around with Firelord/dragonslayer/Fearless etc titles with skyscreamers and what not mounts and when you inspect them and see their achievements, they got it AFTER the content had passed which is completely unacceptable. If you were not able to complete the content while it was relevant then in my opinion you do not deserve to get it. To let these amazing things still be obtainable after the content has been nerfed/out-dated demotivates players to get it while it is current therefor slowly destroying the game and causing it to become more stale.

This is the typical thought of most players who get these things- "Hmm, instead of finding a guild and actually trying to kill H Sha of Fear so I can get the amazing fearless title, I'll just wait 1 or 2 more tier until it is nerfed and the newest gear can carry me through it"

^^^ Things like these is what is destroying heroic raider prestige these days and it is sickening to my eyes.

imo the meta mounts and titles should be made completely unobtainable after the tier has passed and all the battle pet and mount drops should be nerfed to >1%

I believe this will actually motivate players to actually engage in this content while it is relevant instead of waiting until it is outdated and facerolling it therefor improving the quality of the game.
    Why do you care?
    Give me one good reason for removing titles, pets and mounts from old content. And please, none of that "you newbs don't deserve it". Who are you to decide what other people deserve? And no "to raise my epeen" either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Argh, NO. NO.

BAD.

Stop misusing that word. I've seen it happen way too much lately. Stop turning it into some silly buzzword. Immersion has barely anything to do with what your post is about, yet you and some other people keep spamming the word as if it is some sort of free ticket to legibility. No, it only makes you look silly. If you don't understand it, don't use it.
    i don't know man, when we have more kingslayers then kings and more saviors of azeroth then citizens of azeroth then it kinda breaks my immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Boo hoo I don't feel speshul! Remove everything!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    Why do you care?
    Give me one good reason for removing titles, pets and mounts from old content. And please, none of that "you newbs don't deserve it". Who are you to decide what other people deserve? And no "to raise my epeen" either.
    Why WOULDNT he care? SOme players see the rewards as marks of prestige. Last patch seeing a Skyscreamer meant they were a great raider, now they could blow through the place on openraid for achievements with a 20% nerf.

If you dont see prestige attached to such rewards thats you, but for those who do, having the accessibility increased reduces the prestige

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As long as people called "TommyDK" "Legolaspwn" or "Holymoo" and trade chat doesn't break it, I am happy you don't have bigger problems.
    frankly, i see way less legolases and mastahDK's then kingslayers etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrot View Post
    So now this happens...

I'm a mere casual just scrubbing my way around in WoW but I happen to have 25k gold laying around.
    Now this super elite hardcore guild is selling kills in trade. Just like is happening now with HC Garrosh. And they just happen to cost 25k, so I buy one. I semi afk-cruise through the raid enjoying the pretty scenery and nice colors waiting for the boss to drop dead on the floor while Recount is showing my 60k dps for the fight. But who cares, I paid for the kill and they have outgeared the raid anyways. No skill required, on my part.

How would the OP ever know I'm a scrub like that? For all he knows I too am part of the elite club he assumingly is part of as well. Now, not everyone can buy themselves into a raid, but it does happen. And it happens a lot. So they have not 'worked' for their titles etc either. So what's the difference? Those elite guilds can show off their mounts for a couple of months before the rest of the players get them. And when they start getting those rewards, the elite players already have a new carrot on a stick to follow and show off.
    This, and there's a plethora of players that are part of elite guilds. And at some point the raid team takes their part time raiders and casuals to the runs, and have them getting some stuff as well. After all, in every healthy functional guild, every member is honored as one cog of the whole machine. Everyone contributes to the guilds accomplishments, to the guilds success, which isn't limited to dungeons alone.
    They get the runs ans rewards as a Thank You gesture from the guilds raid team.

I'm glad to see so many people with a healthy sense in here.
    I admit, I didn't really expect that amount.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    should be nerfed to >1%
    Fyi, that doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    frankly, i see way less legolases and mastahDK's then kingslayers etc.
    If it's such an issue with you, turn titles off, then you can't see anybody's titles, even one Kingslayer is too much.

I doubt any one would still read this and it will get lost in the sea of threads but here is the reality.

WoW is not a competitive game anymore. It has become a roller coster ride for people. They belive that if they spend 15 bucks a month they are entitled to get everething in the game just like if some one pays the fee to enter the olympics he is entitled to get the gold medal.

At one point in time ghostcrawler said after removing the plague protodrake, that he is removing it because leaving it, would take away from the prestige.
    And its true.

If in football every single team would get the cup just for participating then the team who actually won wouldnt have any prestige at all.

The only prestige left in WoW right now is getting an world first and thats it.

So at the end of the day if you like to play a game in order to compete with others and be good at it, then wow isnt for you. Because this game is just a monney making machine for a company, its by no means a game that rewards players for smart play and hard work, like, say league of legends.

No thanks. Running old content is a hobby I enjoy. If you hate seeing other people obtain things that don't affect you, then I'd suggest that you play a singleplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    I doubt any one would still read this and it will get lost in the sea of threads but here is the reality.

WoW is not a competitive game anymore. It has become a roller coster ride for people. They belive that if they spend 15 bucks a month they are entitled to get everething in the game just like if some one pays the fee to enter the olympics he is entitled to get the gold medal.

At one point in time ghostcrawler said after removing the plague protodrake, that he is removing it because leaving it, would take away from the prestige.
    And its true.

If in football every single team would get the cup just for participating then the team who actually won wouldnt have any prestige at all.

The only prestige left in WoW right now is getting an world first and thats it.

So at the end of the day if you like to play a game in order to compete with others and be good at it, then wow isnt for you. Because this game is just a monney making machine for a company, its by no means a game that rewards players for smart play and hard work, like, say league of legends.
    I agreed...until you mentioned League of Legends.

Grind for hours who pay some cash, no thanks, same bullcrap Blizzard is feeding us.

Only reason WoW is still going strong is it has a hold on instances, other MMOs just cant compare to WoWs combat, if it lost that it would have died a long time ago

15+ Year Old Account
    what's next, removing transmog options if you haven't got the gear while it was current? let me guess you are one of those wannabes who started in wrath and can't be proud now because someone else got your worthless kingslayer title too?