Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    They're phased.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You know that's not going to happen right? All of the people involved with the farm were Pandaria locals and it had nothing to do with our ability to travel between Pandaria and the other areas. It was because, and get this, you hire labor from the local workforce pool. I know, shocking that you don't send to Italy when you need a janitor in New York.
    You obviously haven't read about how the US built railroads in the 19th century
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I can't see from a PvP view that it would be acceptable for a player to disappear at a moments notice.
    My thought is that a garrison will need to be entered through perhaps some sort of cast-time ability, perhaps on a doorway or a spellbook cast.
    It would also be accessible via a flght-path according to what I read.

As for seeing them out in the world, perhaps with limitations.
    To prevent abuse of terrain or all others sorts of bugs then I would assume there are a limited number of plots which may appear out in the world as generic garrisons, perhaps your own even taking on your own layout and buildings when seen from an external viewpoint by yourself or anyone else in your party when you are the leader.
    There would need to be some means of manually entering, perhaps not unlike a queue or sufficiently long spellcast such that other party members can choose whether to enter or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Joli View Post
    - The Garrison will allow you to gather without having the gathering profession
    - It is not meant to replace the professions, it is more of a bonus – The actual profession itself will offer more benefits
    Presumably in the case of gathering professions this means that you will only be able to gather limited quantities per day, like the current farm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heavenyo View Post
    There's a thing i still haven't figured out.

Are Garrisons phased to the player? or will we see thousands of garrisons out in the open world?
    I can't imagine they won't be phased but they sort of make it sound as they aren't phased...

i am confused.
    It's exactly like Sunsong Ranch. There's a grid in each zone devoted to the garrison which is phased for every individual player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Presumably in the case of gathering professions this means that you will only be able to gather limited quantities per day, like the current farm.
    I did suggest something like that previously, trying to interpret the term we were presented with as having "limited access to other professions".
    A limited quantity would certainly go with that, as well as maybe a random factor. At least that works well with herbs/ores. Not so much random choice in cloth or leather unless you extend beyond the current tier to lower ones, but you will then get less relevant materials. Messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I want to know about the phasing.

If I have a Garrison in, say, Shadowmoon Valley, and I walk into it, obviously, I see my Garrison. If I walk to where an ally Garrison COULD be in another zone, obviously I don't see mine. What DO I see?

What if I'm fighting a horde, and he boosts over to where the ally Garrison is. Can I follow? Do I phase? Do I only phase if it is my Garrison? Can I go fly to a place that is a horde Garrison in frostfire ridge and bask in impunity from horde attacks?
    Unless one of your garrisons is there (yours or the person you're PVPing...) neither of you should phase? I assume there's going to be an alternate thing going on there for whoever's garrison isnt there. Like a monster, trees, etc. Now, if you ran into your own garrison, or they did theirs... That's a good question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    Personally, I'm hoping that the suggestion that your account's alt characters be usable as followers makes it in.
    I'd love it if your pets (hunter, warlock, etc) worked a bit like a follower. Even if my pets just walk around as scenery... though it'd be hilarious and epic if they fought the things attacking too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Stopped reading here...

I understand why, but I don't agree with it. Wouldn't you think that the opposite faction would have a base out of the way in order to at least keep an eye on the other?

Do not agree with this at all...
    And you think the faction who won that zone with blood, sweat and tears would LET them build a little town or village there? After Theramore? Hahahahahaaaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool stuff. I knew some of it, but some of this is also new to me. Thanks for digging through his tweets for this, OP.

Hmmm, they didn't really clarify if we will "see" our alts in the garrison, just that they will have to make their own.

I hope they make it so our alts show up, at least every now and then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I can't see from a PvP view that it would be acceptable for a player to disappear at a moments notice.
    My thought is that a garrison will need to be entered through perhaps some sort of cast-time ability, perhaps on a doorway or a spellbook cast.
    It would also be accessible via a flght-path according to what I read.
    Garrisons should work just like your Tiller farm (same tech, just on a bigger scale). As you fly up to your farm, from a distance you can see that it's a farm, but you don't see what's growing in the plots or anything until you actually phase in. I don't PvP myself, but how does PvP work in Halfhill (assuming the guards don't eat your face first), can you phase into you farm (or your opponent into theirs) in the middle of a fight? If so, is it poof, the fight's over? Garrisons would work the same way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Soul View Post
    Hmmm, they didn't really clarify if we will "see" our alts in the garrison, just that they will have to make their own.

I hope they make it so our alts show up, at least every now and then.
    I seconded this idea in another thread. They don't have to be (and can't be) followers, but flavor NPCs? Yes please! I'm so used to seeing my own characters from the back. I would giggle like a little girl if I was on an alt and my main strolled by.

Deleted
    Ok I'm just gonna come out and say that GArrisons sounds fucking awesome!

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Joli;25568735]”Spoilers” Garrison info tweeted by Cory Stockton

TROLOLOL

I'm sure the OP knows you can type complete books on the twitters ... And mr Stockton is known for his very active tweet history ...

A little disappointed that the Garrison isn't an account-wide thing, but with faction restrictions on the plots that wouldn't be possible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Most followers will be Draenor locals" lends support to my theory that the first thing we do in the expansion is damage the Dark Portal and trap ourselves on this side with no backup, so I'm quite pleased to hear it.

Thats exactly what is going to happen. As blizzard have stated multiple times. Pre-Xpac we stop the invasion. X-pac we push on through, Destroy the DP in Tanaan Jungle, then our Faction Heroes and new faction alliance (Frostwolves/Karabor) help us escape to FFR/SMV. From there we quest our way back through. The Garrison is our way of building up enough forces to fight the Iron Horde. Its an integral part of the story.

The only point im not 100% sure on, is if after we destroy the first DP if they are trying to build a second one, which has been hinted at, but again, not sure if this is meaning about the one we Destroy in the starting scenario or another.

I think I'm going to put my garrison nagrand

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    it depends on if they make Garrison benefits dependant on the zone it's in. I could really see them give certain zones a bonus for herbalism buildings, other zones a bonus for mining, yet other zones a bonus for crafting and/or trading, and so on.
    Thats a good point... it would be cool to have those benefits.

Really looking forward to garrisons, and I hope all this info is true. I am however worried about how it might affect the auction house. If your garrison blacksmith can smelt things for you, what reason do you have to buy bars from the AH? I'm sure Blizzard have taken this into account, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't shake up the auction house in some way.

Zone-wise, I think I'll probably build mine in either Gorgrond, Tanaan Jungle or Spires of Arak. We haven't seen the latter two, but I'm betting they're impressive and that's why we haven't been shown them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    Really looking forward to garrisons, and I hope all this info is true. I am however worried about how it might affect the auction house. If your garrison blacksmith can smelt things for you, what reason do you have to buy bars from the AH? I'm sure Blizzard have taken this into account, but I'd be surprised if this doesn't shake up the auction house in some way.
    Time limitations, I'd imagine. There have been multiple tweets indicating that it'll still be way faster to farm stuff yourself. AH will be fine, it's of most benefit to the patient.

PS: the "your blacksmith can smelt" tweets are with me because I was curious about that aspect.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine the whining if you can attack/destroy other players' garrisons?

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess i'm not going to be the only one who puts the Garrison closest to the current raid tier so It requires minimal movement and Mage Portals!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Can you imagine the whining if you can attack/destroy other players' garrisons?
    I'd love something like that, you could opt in by flagging your Garrison for PvP, this will also enable you to attack other Garrisons for some kind of reward, obviously it couldn't just be destroyed, it would take some time to build a tank to cause some damage to it

Considering the process of building a Garrison is meant to require months, it would need to take a similar effort to damage one and I doubt that is an activity anyone would find satisfying.