View Poll Results: How much is too much?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • They could add 100 luxuries, just as long as they never go P2W.

    85 44.27%
  • While I don't mind the store, I would like there to be a limit.

    33 17.19%
  • I don't mind the store, but we don't need anything else.

    11 5.73%
  • I hate the store and we don't need anything else.

    35 18.23%
  • WoW has already gone P2W, so I don't care.

    17 8.85%
  • Blizzard could sell raid gear, I just don't care.

    11 5.73%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Like I said in a previous thread, it's more so about quantity as opposed to what the items do. Cosmetics? Cool. EXP boost? Sure. Faster honor gain? I would prefer that it not be implemented, but I'd get over it.

    Things being released on a weekly basis? Too much.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintho View Post
    Think things through before spewing non-sense. Has this happened yet? No. You are jumping to assumptions to fulfill your own irrational reasons behind your hate for the Blizzard store. They aren't going to stop releasing content because people will actually be upset. Those of you complaining about the Blizzard store are the VOCAL MINORITY. Meaning that you only see people complain about it because the people who don't care don't have a reason to talk about it.
    The sentiment I was talking about is "as long it's not P2W then it's ok to be in store". That is the sentiment that I consider absolutely wrong. Why should Blizzard sell unique armor sets in store instead of putting it in game when we still pay monthly sub? Why should Blizzard design dance studio and put a fee on that when we still pay monthly sub?

    Some people might want to say "slippery slope" and say dance studio wouldn't be paid feature so let me give you a real example. Do you know what remoate AH and remote guild chat are? Do you know this used to be a paid feature (as in, if you don't pay, you don't have access to it)? People were upset and complained but Blizzard did it anyways. However, not many people felt the feature was worth the price so Blizzard eventually provided this feature for free.

    A new feature being accessible only with real money on top of monthly sub has already happened. If people keep on saying "as long as it's not P2W then it's ok to be in store" then Blizzard might just take that up at face value. "No brown orc? It's ok, we can add that in as paid brown skin orcs. Our subscribers are ok with this since it's not P2W. Also, let's put dance studio and charge extra too since it's just dancing and doesn't affect player power".
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Do you know what remoate AH and remote guild chat are? Do you know this used to be a paid feature (as in, if you don't pay, you don't have access to it)?
    Yes, I was aware. I didn't sub to it back then and I use it every once in awhile now. It was an ease of convenience feature much like paid 90s will be and much like how server and faction transfers currently work. Why wouldn't they charge for something that makes things just a bit easier for people? Are you also going to debate that server and faction transfers should be free at all times as well?

    My point in my post was that there is nothing stated that proves that developing pets/mounts/whatever else is being charged for is taking any time away from the creation of new content. Yes, they have stated that the new models took time to develop and that content took longer to make because of it but the character models is something that everyone will get to use (or not use if that UI option stays). There is no proof that what has been already put into the game has directly taken away from time to develop other things. No one complained about the TCG during BC because the content was still there. Like I said, people are just upset because there is now a button in the game. Furthermore, people on this site seem to have a misconstrued view on what Pay To Win actually means. I just don't get it. I have 8 90s atm. All that I have put time into, if people want to buy a 90 then that no way lessens or cheapens what I had to put into the game. It was still enjoyable to me.

  4. #64
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,165
    I'd draw the line at items that actually affect player performance beyond level 90.

    Mounts and transmog items with no stats are fine. Some guy who has the exact same gear as me but a transmog helm might look cooler, but he won't have any unfair advantage over me. He is not "winning" by having a helmet that looks cooler than mine.

    Far as I'm concerned, the level 90 boost is fine. Instantly getting something that takes little time/effort to obtain the "hard way" is not an unfair advantage. Leveling is so easy that I'd consider the level 90 boost a waste of money, if anything. Unless you REALLY hate to level, or you're in one of those really competitive guilds where they require you to have multiple geared alts ready to raid, I just can't see how it'd be worth it. But again, I don't consider the boost "pay to win" myself.

    If you could buy the best PvE or PvP gear available in game without having to do any PvE or PvP content for it, or if you could buy "instantly kill all enemy players in the battleground" items, I'd have a problem with it.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And what makes you think, how everyone who's okay with the store is automatically a fanboi? That's a totally idiotic assumption.
    The opposite statement would be, how everyone who hates on the store is just a jealous poor loser who cannot afford to buy anything there.
    See.. 2 opposite absolutes, and with that both are incredibly stupid.

    I personally don't give a shit about what they sell or don't sell in the store. I've bought a few pets. I've bought one mount as a gift.
    The rest, I don't care. Would I buy p2w items? Nope.. My money is earned too hard to spend it on disposable stuff like gear etc. I don't even spend gold on the AH for such stuff.. Why wasting anything on something that's to be vendor trash a little bit down the road?
    Hyperboles, bro, and even then you assumed I meant every store supporter.

    And in the event that you really think the naysayers are "jealous poor losers", then your argument holds even less water since we all know what happens to game features when "the weak and meek" can't obtain something...

    And as long as you've made a purchase from the store you really can't claim to be a "neutral party" especially after coming to the defense of the store.
    If you truly don't care then you should not even be voiced on the matter yet dozens of people go out of their way to say "let the store be, but I don't care."

  6. #66
    Warchief Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    I dont care about the pets,the mount or the vanity stuff

    Selling level 90's, no way, why don'T you just nerf the experience.
    The idea of selling profession boost, no way.
    This is going to affect the economy
    i just totally disagree with your opinion here.

    i believe, leveling has grown to a rather large number, and many people dont realize just how large it is. it feels different to level something from 1 to 90-100 with out any boosters or heirlooms. it doesnt feel the same as it did 3 xpacs ago. leveling to 60 didnt feel as long and grindy as it does today. why? because the first 30 levels go really quick, they went quick when it was current and the go quick today. but after 30, the time gets noticeably longer. heirlooms and guild perks make this more manageable but its still just getting overwhelming for some people. i like questing.. once or twice. after that its like watching the same rerun tv show. i know whats gonna happen, i can even recite the story or cutscenes. pick up 15 of these and kill 12 of those over and over and over for 90 lvls is really tiresome for some people. the boost is a nice bit of help for us.

    i think its necessary to readjust how much leveling is put in game. we need to equate hours spent leveling today with hours spent leveling in the past. if it took 30hrs to level in BC, it shouldnt take 90 hours today. it should take the same 30 hrs in current content or WoD. its also a bother to redo the same quests, 8-9-10 times over. i do it on every toon, it doesnt get any more fun on my 7th alt then it did on my main.

    affecting the economy? not even noticeable. $60 is too expensive for many people to use it in any way that you can see in the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  7. #67
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,893
    Wow has already gone pay to win. Might as well sell armor at this point because they already crossed the line. Even the pay to win no sub games are less pay to win than wow is at this point.

  8. #68
    Mechagnome Randec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    WoW has now gone to the point of a new payment scheme. No, it's not P2W or F2P or Pay2Play...

    WoW has gone Pay2Pay.
    What a great synopsis. Couldn't have said it better myself. Pay to pay to pay to pay. Over and over again. That's what this game is becoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

  9. #69
    Herald of the Titans Kickbuttmario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    2,861
    It just depends on the price. I can never ever buy their stuff. Way too much money for its cost.
    I am KickButtMario. I kick butt because I am Mario. The coolest, longest, living, protagonist out there in the video game industry.

    "It was never about the hardcore vs casual player.... It was always about the solo vs socialite player"

  10. #70
    leveling has been nerfed, the experience was reduced for a few expansions after until they couldn't do it anymore without it being crazy, rest time xp changes were made, Cata streamlined the entire old world leveling process then they put in BOA gear, and then more BOA gear with every expansion after. Something needed to be put in to offset the leveling to the start of New content each time every time the levels go up. To reduce the sting new players and people making alts would feel during the leveling process atleast. As indicated by features put into Rez Scroll and Recruit a friend, etc.

    with 100, the old solutions were kept in place and the one free 90 and purchasable service were declared.

  11. #71
    I have never bought anything from the store. I kind of laugh at people on their store bought mounts. I'm a bit of a mount achievement whore myself but I've never bought one, always earned it the hard way and that's just the way I do things. If I had a store bought mount I'd feel like a fake.

  12. #72
    Blizzard could sell raid gear, I just don't care.

    I might even buy it.

  13. #73
    Honestly, the level 90 thing is fantastic and a time saver.

    I know people are afraid that folks won't be able to play correctly on their new fresh 90s, but, let's face it, leveling doesn't teach you how to really bring the deeps in a raid to begin with. Those that want to do well, will, those that don't, won't.

  14. #74
    Pretty simple really, it'd have to be current raid or PVP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #75
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    Blizzard could sell raid gear, I just don't care.

    I might even buy it.
    I'm starting to feel the same way. I got a job. I can afford to buy the heroic gear when it goes in the store.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Xintho View Post
    Yes, I was aware. I didn't sub to it back then and I use it every once in awhile now. It was an ease of convenience feature much like paid 90s will be and much like how server and faction transfers currently work. Why wouldn't they charge for something that makes things just a bit easier for people? Are you also going to debate that server and faction transfers should be free at all times as well?

    My point in my post was that there is nothing stated that proves that developing pets/mounts/whatever else is being charged for is taking any time away from the creation of new content. Yes, they have stated that the new models took time to develop and that content took longer to make because of it but the character models is something that everyone will get to use (or not use if that UI option stays). There is no proof that what has been already put into the game has directly taken away from time to develop other things. No one complained about the TCG during BC because the content was still there. Like I said, people are just upset because there is now a button in the game. Furthermore, people on this site seem to have a misconstrued view on what Pay To Win actually means. I just don't get it. I have 8 90s atm. All that I have put time into, if people want to buy a 90 then that no way lessens or cheapens what I had to put into the game. It was still enjoyable to me.
    Quickly answering your question about server and faction transfer: I believe the services should be free.

    And yeah, nothing stated proves time is being taken away but the opposite is just as true so it is pointless to talk about it (I never brought it up). I am also not arguing about P2W here (nor the OP), I am talking about how much "luxuries" as paid feature is too much. LFR and LFD are "luxury" features as well. All they accomplish is save you time from forming groups yourself. People can still manually form 5/25 man group and hit "join dungeon" and zone into 5man/25man respectively. Perhaps it would be fair for Blizzard to charge for this feature in your opinion? 25cents for LFD and 1 dollar for LFR perhaps? Would you be ok with something like this assuming LFD and LFR didn't exist and Blizzard just implemented them?

    I am fine with the store now but I definitely don't want store to expand a lot. I believe subscribers should have access to all the features for a subbed game.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •