Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priest or Affliction Lock

Looking at leveling one of these and just to have fun with in random BGs nothing more I think sitting back and dotting people up and fearing them sounds like a blast anyways I know its a personal opinion but in your opinions which do you think is more fun in BGs and if anyone could please tell me the difference in playstyles.

thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks are very strong, but spriest are also viable(although you do see them bikering about some things). I would probably recommend a warlock, you could also go destro if you wanted.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I find S Priest quite fun in random BG's. People are scared of locks but they don't give priests the respect they deserve.

Divine insight can give you tons of free mind blast procs if you can get a lot of DoT's rolling and its quite fun. Only thing is warriors are our Achilles heal atm.

Deleted
    Totally different class, looking at how bg,s are full of hunters rogues and warriors at the moment, my experience is you wont have that much fun sadly. For now i would pick my warlock over my sp, for the simple reason that locks are viable at the moment, whereas sp's need a rework

For random BGs I'd definitely go spriest. Dots hit harder and are simpler, and insanity is pretty much OP in random BGs. Spriests also have a simpler more reliable execute.

Spriest all the way for random BGs, if all you want to do is pad damage done, burst and get killing blows from a distance.

Destruction is even better though.

If you ever wanted, with a priest, you could switch to healing.
    If you just want dps, you'd have more choice with Warlock.

I think that Spriests are more fun than Affl warlocks for PvP though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

So would a destruction lock be more like a priest then an affliction?

Being a SP as my main, I don't bother pvp'ing shadow most of the time.. You are just a big, purple, very squishy target. 99% of the time I pvp disc, especially in arena. Every time I get in an arena match and see a SP i think "LOL free win"
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

10+ Year Old Account
    I find them both pretty terrible..i want to dot people up from a distance and watch them run around as headless chickens with both affliction and shadow you have to sit nuking them otherwise they would never even get to 80% hp >.< May as well just play a normal caster

Quote Originally Posted by ShamanPVP View Post
    So would a destruction lock be more like a priest then an affliction?
    Not really, but you can sit back and burst people down constantly without dots, and shadowburn is by far the most OP execute. You can also sacrifice your pet and sit on tank health. In random BGs most people go for the lowest HP target at all times ignoring high HP targets, honestly on my PvE geared destruction warlock people just walk circles around me and I rarely don't end up n1 in killing blows.

So I pvp as enhance now but how about a shaman is ele fun in random bgs compared to the locks and priests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aff dots don't do shit for damage this expansion. Don't bother.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I pvp as enhance now but how about a shaman is ele fun in random bgs compared to the locks and priests?
    All three shamans specs are awesome right now
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

How about rated bgs? Would they rather an affliction over shadow?

15+ Year Old Account
    How about rated bgs? Would they rather an affliction over shadow?
    Definitely - an affliction is pretty much mandatory for RBGs due to UA dispel protection still. Shadow is kind of a carry for RBGs, better to fill that spot with a lock or warrior, or dk, or ele.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Aff lock will be more beneficial to the team but Spriest is more fun.

PvP for Random BG's - Spriest
    PvP for RBG's - Aff Lock
    PvE - Aff Lock

Deleted
    I play both.

I'd say soulswap whoring is amazing, but it becomes very boring, the survivabililty of locks is amazing aswell.
    Spriests are fun because you can get amazing procs and just tunnel someone down with procs.

Spriests aren't that bad in rbgs, Id still take them over melee, because the more dots you have, the faster a team melts.
    (we're gonna run with double affliction, boomkin, spriest, dk, ele shaman/warrior)

Warriors are good but they aren't particular hard to kill in rbgs, but then again their fear and control is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Definitely - an affliction is pretty much mandatory for RBGs due to UA dispel protection still.
    Not really, in almost every rbg destruction is still much better. Look at rbg ladders, almost no aff locks. And those that are aff most likely switched for arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    For random and rated bgs shadow priest is great. But so is aff lock. I would say that, at the current state go shadow, it's in a better spot even if many say it isn't. But to be honest, you would have better chances with warlock. I say this because even if affliction gets nerfed to the ground you have two other specs to play with, this doesn't happen with priest since we only have one dps spec.