Poll: How long do you spend with guilds on average?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I voted 18+ months.

And thats because Im a devoted kind of person, and not a guild-hopper.

1st guild: 4 years
    2nd guild: 1 year
    3rd guild: 5 months.
    4th guild: 2 months
    5th guild: 2.5 years
    6th guild: 2.5 months.
    7th guild (current): 4 months and counting

I've been playing since May 2005 and honestly don't consider myself a guild hopper. Guild politics can be a PITA.

Honest answer: As long as they suit my purposes. I leave if I feel I can do better or if I'm not getting what I want out of a guild. Anywhere from one month to a year or more.

As long as i have fun - and atm only fun in game left is raiding so as long as i can have fun while i raid i dont care if i spend 1 or 3 months stuck at boss - but when drama arises to the point that raiding is no longer fun its time to swap enviroment - cba to loose nerves due to pc game - cba to deal also with officers privilaging their friends over other guildies etc etc if stuff like this happens and its usually happen pretty soon in most cases then i wont fight with adoults (30+) who behave often worse then 14 years olds when something too shiny drops or who are looking blindly at meters with this "ultra hardocre copy" approach when the guild is on the lv of being <8/14 HC at this point of expansion .

i usually spend in guilds anywhere from 2months (those where drama arises fast) to 1 year (when progress just dies cause most good people take a break from game and u would have to rebuild team nearly from scratch ). still searching for this holy grail guild where i could stay for really long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    My averege time since vanilla has been around MINIMUM 3months. But the past 3½ years i've been in the same guild.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

It depends on so many factors. I used to be the guy that stays with the sinking ship but now I'm much more picky.

My last 3 included one where I was there for a year but I should have bailed after a few months. The second I was there for 8 months and the last one was 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see where I end up next.

Been in the same guild since vanilla.

Seems to be what I do. I kept the same company throughout all my time in EverQuest and FFXI as well. My friends eventually leaving is what made me move on from those games.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    I've generally stuck with guilds until they implode. I think I've only ditched a guild once for a more progressed guild and that was when Ulduar first came out and my guild was failing to XT for a month.

There are only two times since Vanilla where I left a guild because I wasn't happy there. The rest of the times, I left because the guild either disbanded or a guild decided to do a raid size I didn't want to do at the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    7 years. 8 if you count when we renamed it after transferring servers. Many of the core players are still part of our guild.

i wish i could find a guild to stick with for longer than 8-12 months, but my guilds all seem to die after a tier or two.

Kind of skews it, but what I will call the core group is about six years which has made new guilds from time to time especially after failed mergers and other things as well as taking part in other guilds in between. Of those six years it wasnt all raiding especially the last couple of years I generally havent raided and before that did a lot of PuGing. My first raiding guild I was in for a couple of months then had to take a break from the game due to real life. The inbetweeners was usually a month or two as I was there to help other friends. I have even done progression raiding for a few weeks while passing on gear while helping others.

Overall I generally got along with guilds including the one that one of my alts is in as a "social" member of a serious progression guild. A number of issues you can kind of figure out quickly before even joining a guild. If there was any common issue I have come across it was dealing with drama that would likely be the end of a guild. I stayed out of the drama as much as possible. Most of the progression oriented guilds I have met and one things with are fairly friendly and helpful given that you arnt a self centered prick and treat others with respect.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-02-26 at 08:46 AM.

Except for one week that my main was in another guild it has been in the same guild and raid team since 2009.

Deleted
    I was in one raiding guild in vanilla which i left for another guild. The guild i left for i was in all the way up till release of Dragon Soul. The 10m i was part of stopped raiding and i wanted the legendary daggers, so i sought out a new guild on my rogue. I stayed in it with other characters and its still here today. So in one way ive been part of the same guild for almost 10 years.

The guild i joined i was in till start of MoP where that 10m made our own guild, which fell apart 2-3 weeks before ToT. I then joined the guild where i am in now.
    I try to stay in guilds for as long as i can, i dont really like guild hopping and only leave if its a last resort sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started played in the end of Wrath... Stayed in one guild, got the GM cause it died and ended up joining my present guild at start of Cata. Been with the guild even since. I personally will stay in a guild for as long as it falls apart or I get kicked for whatever reason, if I have made decent friends from there.

Deleted
    First guild = 6months-1year. RL friends
    Second guild = About 6months again.
    3rd 4th 5th guilds= 2weeks to 1 month. Some ddnt get a team together 4/5 went fro.m 25 to 10man
    6th guild = 4 months horrible time people just stopped turning up
    7th guild = New transfered 25man team fell apart after 4 weeks due to officer drama and unstable roster.
    8th guild = 3 weeks broken 25man formed new 2 10man teams, fell apart.
    9th and current guild = 10months Best guild i have ever been in made lots of friends here and hopefuly tht doesnt change any time soon

Deleted
    ive been in 3 guilds that have folded.
    1st was after the release of TBC, where ppl wanted to raid asap, but others due to work commitments needed more time.
    2nd i joined a guild where the only interest was to kill 25 man lich king & get alliance 1st. after completing LK & getting what we planned, that was that.
    3rd was after killing garrosh, ppl just wanted a break & again, that was that.
    ive been in the same guild a cpl of times, but im currently a casual player in a nice guild with players of a similar age & i now no longer raid.

8 years so far...

Poll options seem a bit off with majority being very short time frames

Until the guild dies. I've never left a guild for any other reason.

over 5 years with the same guild