10+ Year Old Account

Question New Desktop, need some help.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/X...aming_Notebook

I've been looking for a new computer, and I'm thinking about maybe going for a laptop this time. What are the pros and cons on owning one (feeling a little lazy to google right now). And does this computer seems decent? Never bought a gaming laptop before, so a little insight would be helpful! My overall budget is going to be about $2000, willing to stretch that number if needed. This laptop is going for mostly WoW and for raiding.

Changed my mind, now I'm looking for a new Desktop. Does this one look any good? What changes would you make? My budget is around $2000. It'll be used for WoW and other games on full settings.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/W...me_Special_IV/
    Last edited by Ravegirl; 2014-02-25 at 08:20 PM.
    The cat is out of the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not brilliant with laptops. Well known though is you will get much more of a beast of a PC for the same price. Looking briefly at your choices I'd drop to 8gb ram and get a larger SSD as 64gb SSD is pointless aim for min 128gb and above.
    As for the rest though others will be more qualified to say.

Honestly though laptop is only ever a good option if you HAVE to be mobile... Especially for WoW when you can get yourself a nice setup for nearly half the price with an overclock option to max the potential.
    Last edited by Lapetos; 2014-02-25 at 03:26 PM.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Spekk is cool however I'm not convinced about Clevo's durability or reliability. If you are planning to use if for like 5 next years, you should consider Dell or something. If you are replacing your machine every 2 years (new gen of GPU/CPU) go for clevo.

Clevo is one of the better built laptops out there. They're ODM for several companies.
    Pros for a laptop: Mobile (but you won't want to move it often when it's 10+ lbs), everything is on "one" computer.
    Cons: Heat, Weight, little to no upgrade path, costs more for the same performance.

Unless you HAVE to be mobile with only one computer, then a desktop is a much better choice. You can get that laptops performance for less money on a desktop, and turn around and buy a consumer quality laptop that's WoW - capable for the savings. If you've got $2,000 to spend, consider $1,200-$1,500 for a proper "Gaming" desktop setup, and buy a medium grade Dell, HP, Asus, etc laptop for $300-$500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just buy a desktop then.

What do you all think of this Desktop?

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/W...me_Special_IV/
    The cat is out of the bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend filling out This Sticky so we know what you're looking for.. Personally that's an over-expensive system. A $900 could probably perform just as good, depending on what you're doing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Overspent on the wrong parts to overspend on
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.