Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Women, why you dance to Jason Derulo or [insert any r&b name]?

This struck me as rather odd.

If i tell my girlfriend to "make a sandwich woman huehue" she gets pissed because equality, womens rights and whatnot. Yet she dances to "Is it weird that your ass remind me of a Kanye West song" and "Bitch, know your place and shake that ass".

Allmost every woman dances to R&B, when the texts are mainly about pimpin ho's, smackin bitches, shaking asses, face down doggystyle, etc. I understand it suits the whole "girls like assholes" theory, but are you really that hypocrite? Why you dance to woman-degrading music and at the same time call for equality and womens rights?

evidence of said sammich makin

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I think this thread is fucking stupid.

Does that count?

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-25 at 06:35 PM.

Because woman

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-25 at 06:35 PM.
    Rig:
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H100 | ASUS GTX670 2GB DirectCU II | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
    750W Corsair TX V2 | 1 TB WD Caviar Black | 120GB Corsair Force Series 3 | Cooler Master Storm Stryker

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    but are you really that hypocrite?
    Must you really ask?

Deleted
    Because women enjoy objectification when its delivered in a certain way.
    It's a gender that's been socialized inferior for so long that their brains are actually less developed than ours, quite astounding.

And this is scientific fact before you crybabies come in.

I don't listen to R&B, rap, hip hop so I don't know the words to any of these songs. If the music has a good beat you dance with it and either ignore the words or are ignorant of the words. Also there is a difference between making yourself a sexual object and being objectified by someone else.

Do guys who listen to hip hop like it because of the lyrics? I would hope not

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I don't listen to R&B, rap, hip hop so I don't know the words to any of these songs. If the music has a good beat you dance with it and either ignore the words or are ignorant of the words. Also there is a difference between making yourself a sexual object and being objectified by someone else.

Do guys who listen to hip hop like it because of the lyrics? I would hope not

Why would you hope not? Care to give an example?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ababmer View Post
    It's a gender that's been socialized inferior for so long that their brains are actually less developed than ours, quite astounding.

Not saying it isn't true but would love to see that research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Women love being objectified by the guy they like, their boyfriend, or their husband. ALl of this is based upon years and years of no research and me never getting a girlfriend because girls are fun.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This struck me as rather odd.

If i tell my girlfriend to "make a sandwich woman huehue" she gets pissed because equality, womens rights and whatnot. Yet she dances to "Is it weird that your ass remind me of a Kanye West song" and "Bitch, know your place and shake that ass".

Allmost every woman dances to R&B, when the texts are mainly about pimpin ho's, smackin bitches, shaking asses, face down doggystyle, etc. I understand it suits the whole "girls like assholes" theory, but are you really that hypocrite? Why you dance to woman-degrading music and at the same time call for equality and womens rights?
    I agree that some woman can be hypocrites when it comes to feminist ideas (I'm guessing that's your real issue), but in this case you're the one being a hypocrite. Apply that to every form of media that you enjoy and see if it makes sense. Do you really want to experience every aspect of everything you watch or listen to? Watching a horror movie for example, doesn't mean you want to get chopped up by a murderer, or that you support real violence. Why watch horror and action movies and then complain about crime? That's the logic that you're using.

You can enjoy a song without embracing every idea in the lyrics just like you can with a movie. There are many aspects of music that you can enjoy. If she's dancing to it, you have a simple reason right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allmost every woman dances to R&B
    Clearly this was created as proof that you do not know me.

I don't dance... and Kanye West, assholes, degrading crap, etc.. ew.

Although some people don't really listen to the words in a song, even controversial crap and claim to like it for it's beat/music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't care about the lyrics, just the beat.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

It might be true in some cases, but it really has nothing to do with why women would listen to the music. When the tables are turned and an R&B or rap song objectifies men, guys don't care either, and will listen and dance to it.

Source this. And if you link me that Fox News unaccredited "scientist" article, you should be banned from the internet.

Idk if you know what this word, science means.

This thread is about defending some lazy guy being told to make his own food and then getting mad at it not being done for him. Lets be real here.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I try to avoid songs that overly objectify women, with only a few exceptions. I'm one of those people who pays a LOT of attention to lyrics, in addition to the music, because I only dance when I'm alone and that dancing tends to tie into the lyrics.

If it's one of the exceptions, then I thought the lyrics were hilarious and was mentally directing it at my ex-girlfriends.

For the record: I'm a bad cook, and hubby does the sandwich making. XD

Dude, from the outside looking in (or perhaps the inside looking out) I'm baffled by it too. Just seeing chicks tweet shit like "i aint no wifey" and shit that is just disgustingly not true or something they don't actually believe in. They're strange creatures man, especially the girls my age (19). They tweet the dumbest things, things that they'd almost never actually say.

I think it can be attributed to the many years of them being objectified to perform the role of the good wife. And it's almost like some of them are rebelling from that just from simple evolution.

But I'll be honest, every girl I've had has made me a sandwich when I asked for one.

edit: that said, I believe this is a minority of women, of course not all are like that, I know a lot of super cool chicks. It's hard to judge between it because if you take the girl who plays the role of the good wife who does what her husband says, and then take take the girl who plays the role of the independent woman and gets life's necessities on her own, you get two things that may be bad. You don't want a woman who isn't doing life's purpose, reproducing, but at the same time you don't want just some robot.

The day I find the awesome in between, is the day I'll find my love. A chick who challenges me, has a sense of humor, an independent side but isn't carried away with it, and definitely one who doesn't follow the pop culture sheep!

after all, what do you get when you mix the words Love & Wife?
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-02-25 at 07:22 PM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozles View Post
    Source this. And if you link me that Fox News unaccredited "scientist" article, you should be banned from the internet.
    It really shouldn't be too hard to find this. I've read multiple articles that have mentioned it, though. It's more that female brains aren't as advancely developed in the same areas as males, but other parts of the brain compensate for it. That sort of study would involve a lot of CT scans and post-mortem cutting open of brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its bolded, it has fact in it, it has science in it...its all true.