Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    I'd be ok if they removed Shadow's healing spells
    Hell. No.

/tenchar

Deleted
    I'd be ok if they removed Shadow's healing spells (but made certain our damage dealing capabiliies were compensated) and I could be ok with Psychic Scream leaving the game (it doesn't have a lot of utility considering you need to be up in something's business to benefit from it, and that is NOT a safe place to be in pve or pvp) - but if that's the case then I sincerely hope they would "replace" it with Psychic Horror. Psychic Horror is a really powerful CC that became pretty useless when they put on a Shadow Orb cost. It's just not practical to spend less than three orbs on DP or Psy Horror, and then you'd be trading a huge chunk of damage and healing for a CC with diminshing returns (which overlap with other abilities). Throw a 60 second cooldown on Psychic Horror and a mana cost on it and keep Silence as it is (making sure every other effect in the game like it - Counterspell I'm looking at YOU - has the same CD).
    Its retarded how a shaman has 12 sec CD or whatever it is on their interrupt and us 45 sec. It was even more retarded when the CD was 6 seconds. Some discrepancy between the CDs allows more flavor and such though.

No. Just no. You want Shadow Orbs to be generated based on RNG?
    Well, aren't they based on RNG now if you go with DI? And doesn't that RNG like, not scale at all? Why not?

I don't care how much crit you stack, it would still be RNG - and if it ever got too high, then that would invite massive nerfs.
    Not really, boomkins don't have a problem with Starsurge being reliant on crit. Boomkins gain more Starsurge procs throughout the expansion and the only part of if which got nerfed was on multidot. We're not going to multidot with.... Mind Flay...

What you basically said is you don't like crit. Well fair enough, but I think you are playing the wrong game type then. RPGs have crit. Not only that, every class where crit is important (fury warrior, fire mage) suffers from the problem your described.

Smite --> Remove from Shadow
    Shadow does not have smite. Shadow's Mind Flay becomes Smite if you swap spec to healer.

Power Word: Shield --> Remove from Shadow
    We lost our 15% passive damage reduction and now you want to remove PWS and Fade from the game, our last 2 survival CDs except for Dispersion. Getting 2x Iron Tomb in a row? Not in your hands to survive it.

Inner Fire --> Remain and/or Improve
    Its annoying to pop it every time, just an annoying maintenance with no feel to it whatsoever. Remove it. I don't like the shaman shields either but at least they have an interaction with the player of some kind.

Power Word: Fortitude --> Remain
    Since locks do it as well, we lost a reason to bring priest to 10 man but to be fair there's Disc and raiding is 20 man in WoD.

Fade --> Remove from the game
    No thx...

Mind Sear --> Remain (should only be Shadow)
    Yeah lets remove Holy's AoE which is actually viable with red chakra compared to Disc/Shadow. Another Holy niche removed. GG.

Leap of Faith --> Remain (Perhaps allow Shadow to jump to the target instead of pull)
    Haha, yeah, my last raid utility turned into a charge. GG.

Silence --> Remain (CD should = all other silence/interrupts)
    I'm fine with it being higher CD, means I'm not on interrupt duty. Prefer even before MoP where I only had it on my PvP spec. Can always go belf. There's also an engineering item which does interrupt.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2014-02-26 at 08:37 PM.

DPS as it's bad now anyway. so they'll finally get rid of it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be ok if they removed Shadow's healing spells (but made certain our damage dealing capabiliies were compensated) and I could be ok with Psychic Scream leaving the game (it doesn't have a lot of utility considering you need to be up in something's business to benefit from it, and that is NOT a safe place to be in pve or pvp) - but if that's the case then I sincerely hope they would "replace" it with Psychic Horror. Psychic Horror is a really powerful CC that became pretty useless when they put on a Shadow Orb cost. It's just not practical to spend less than three orbs on DP or Psy Horror, and then you'd be trading a huge chunk of damage and healing for a CC with diminshing returns (which overlap with other abilities). Throw a 60 second cooldown on Psychic Horror and a mana cost on it and keep Silence as it is (making sure every other effect in the game like it - Counterspell I'm looking at YOU - has the same CD).

I really hope they balance out damage and crowd control like they claimed they would, especially if we'll be losing abilities in the process. I do hope they keep Mind Vision though - that's just a fun spell, plus you don't need it on your bars, and if you do there's plenty of room to have it off to the side. That's my two cents anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Just no. You want Shadow Orbs to be generated based on RNG? I don't care how much crit you stack, it would still be RNG - and if it ever got too high, then that would invite massive nerfs. Plus the entire Devouring Plague/Insanity interaction is quite sweet. And Mind Spike WILL BE replaceing SWP and VT with the lvl 100 Talent (it's optional, but personally that's a play style that appeals to me). Also, please don't put the words fun and griefing in the same sentence - that's just sociopathic.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'd like to see the following happen to Shadow Priests. Don't have the time or inclination at the moment to give thoughts on Disc and Holy, as I don't play them.

Smite --> Remove from Shadow
    Shadow Word: Pain --> Remain
    Power Word: Shield --> Remove from Shadow
    Flash Heal --> Remove from Shadow
    Inner Fire --> Remain and/or Improve
    Psychic Scream --> Remove from the Game
    Resurrection --> Remain
    Power Word: Fortitude --> Remain
    Fade --> Remove from the game
    Dispel Magic --> Remain
    Renew --> Remove from Shadow
    Shackle Undead --> Remove from the Game
    Levitate --> Remain
    Mind Vision --> Remain
    Shadowfiend --> Remain
    Shadow Word: Death --> Remain
    Binding Heal --> Remove from Shadow
    Fear Ward --> Remove from the Game
    Hymn of Hope --> Remove from Shadow
    Prayer of Mending --> Remove from Shadow
    Mass Dispel --> Remain
    Mind Sear --> Remain (should only be Shadow)
    Inner Will --> Remove from the game (improve Inner Fire perhaps)
    Leap of Faith --> Remain (Perhaps allow Shadow to jump to the target instead of pull)
    Void Shift --> Remain

Mind Flay --> Remain
    Devouring Plague --> Remain
    Mind Blast --> Remain
    Shadowform --> Remain and/or Improve
    Vampiric Touch --> Remain
    Mind Spike --> Remain
    Silence --> Remain (CD should = all other silence/interrupts)
    Dispersion --> Remain
    Psychic Horror --> Remain but NEEDS to be improved (no orb cost)
    Vampiric Embrace --> Remove as active; return to a passive (maybe bake into Shadowform)

That's my two cents anyway.
    You want fear and shield removed but something as stupid as void shift to remain? right.

Deleted
    Void Shift is too recent to remain. It would basically be Blizzard stating that they utterly messed up the MoP priest ability. That isn't going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amezea View Post
    Void Shift is too recent to remain. It would basically be Blizzard stating that they utterly messed up the MoP priest ability. That isn't going to happen.
    They admitted that precisely when they gave a Shadow School ability to the Priest class, and then banned all Shadowpriests from using it for the entire expansion. A formal apology would be a less definitive admission than the course of action they chose. Actions speak louder than words.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    They admitted that precisely when they gave a Shadow School ability to the Priest class, and then banned all Shadowpriests from using it for the entire expansion. A formal apology would be a less definitive admission than the course of action they chose. Actions speak louder than words.
    Well, not really like banned us from using it. We can still use it in PvE. Just not in arena and rated BG.

Yet, it went from a 6 min CD to a 5 min CD for healer. It went from 6 min to 10 min for Shadow which, for a shadow school spell, is 2x the amount the CD of a healer priest and only works in raid, solo, and random BGs.

We cannot use it on NPCs and pets anymore after the first month (after we leveled our mains).

They should just rename it to become a Holy spell or whatever. Suits what it covers better, doesn't it?

Shadow: All abilities removed... replaced with Shadow Word: Become Affliction Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Amezea View Post
    They are already removing warriors newly added banners. So its very likely they will change or remove void shift.

Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    They are already removing warriors newly added banners. So its very likely they will change or remove void shift.
    Healing priests were revealed to get a lvl 100 talent involving Void Shift, so I doubt it.

Also people asking for Psychic Scream to be removed, claiming it has no utility?? What the.... I consider it as a priest's signature ability. It sure is one of a priest's most fun abilities. Yeah, if you play like a stationary healing turret it has little utility. That's why jump in the madness and drop a fear bomb whenever it comes off cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    Oh, they are? Void Shift can go then. Or at least be totally reworked so that it isn't super buggy and has a travel time.

Deleted
    Fear Ward could be combined with an offensive fear ability perhaps. Say it'd do a Psychic Scream when you use Fear Ward. 2 in 1 utility with a twist on if you pop your Fear Ward beforehand or when you want to fear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Well, not really like banned us from using it. We can still use it in PvE. Just not in arena and rated BG.

Yet, it went from a 6 min CD to a 5 min CD for healer. It went from 6 min to 10 min for Shadow which, for a shadow school spell, is 2x the amount the CD of a healer priest and only works in raid, solo, and random BGs.

We cannot use it on NPCs and pets anymore after the first month (after we leveled our mains).

They should just rename it to become a Holy spell or whatever. Suits what it covers better, doesn't it?
    Lots of people only play for competitive PvP, for all Shadow PvP mains it doesn't exist. That we can use it while questing from 87 to 90 isn't worth mentioning for them. Even in PvE, as you mentioned, it's just bizarre to have a 10 minute cooldown on it. They could balance it, they could rework it, they could do something here - but they chose to do nothing about it when they decided it was too strong (and I'm not even sure they would still agree with that position).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Healing priests were revealed to get a lvl 100 talent involving Void Shift, so I doubt it.
    That talent is gone: https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...63805013426176

Deleted
    You guys only see this from a pve perspective. Many spells here you want removed from either specs can be very crucial in pvp situations.

- Inner Will. You kinda only use this as Holy/disc (In pvp) unless you know your gonna get trained all game by a melee cleave. The Extra speed is huge avoid CC and stuff.

- Mind Sear for a Holy/disc priest can really destroy openers for many stealth teams

- Hymn of Hope can really be a life saver for you oom healer as shadow.

- Leap of Faith can be huge for all specs as a life saver.

- Fear Ward. The usage of Fear Ward is really what seprates a good priest from a bad priest in arena. And its a fun mecahnic imo. If you play against another priest in 2v2, clever usage of Fear ward is huge.

Spells that could be removed is as many mentions

- Shackle Undead

- Mind vision

- Merge Inner Fire/will to one spell

- Fade

- Lesser Heal

I dont see any reason to remove Renew, Binding Heal maybe.
    Last edited by mmoc9f654c67ef; 2014-02-27 at 12:49 PM.

Psychic Scream apparently has already been removed... perhaps because aoe CC in general is being trimmed. I only hope it at least means Psychic Horror on a similar cooldown is replacing it, if we don't get it back in another form. Also, with the tendency for us to be sat on in pvp... I'm hoping it means we get some kind of ability that lets us break some form of CC, perhaps a lesser version of phantasm. Otherwise, without psychic scream we'll be even more vulnerable to CC from melee, since trinket+fear bomb will no longer be an option to break from the beat down.

I would love if dispersion gained a fear on hit mechanic. (The priest disperses into a fear-inducing gas)

Its hard to say at this point, as its still early in beta, what is missing from being rebuilt, condensed or just completely gone. I mean, at the beginning of MoP beta... we didn't even have the new talents, so there's plenty still up in the air.

All I know is that when it comes to feedback... I'm tired of shadow being the sat-on class. If other classes can be killed by being sat on as well, I'd like to be able to at least withstand a similar beating.

Of all abilities we have though, I think shackle undead can just be lumped in with void tendrils... glyph of shackle undead can just give void tendrils the appearance of shackle undead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ando1510 View Post
    You guys only see this from a pve perspective. Many spells here you want removed from either specs can be very crucial in pvp situations.

- Inner Will. You kinda only use this as Holy/disc (In pvp) unless you know your gonna get trained all game by a melee cleave. The Extra speed is huge avoid CC and stuff.
    Pfft. Smelly PvP sub-game! /s

Inner Will might as well get baked into Inner Fire. It just feels slightly redundant to have these two abilities to toggle between. At the very least, Inner Fire should be baseline with Inner Will providing a reduction in spellpower but the other benefits through a toggle. That way you'd reduce button bloat but both choices would remain.

Deleted
    No one has mentioned Inner Focus because we all like it but it's really sort of clunky tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    No one has mentioned Inner Focus because we all like it but it's really sort of clunky tbh.
    I disagree. I mean, I do agree that it could be removed easily enough without affecting major gameplay, and I also agree that it doesn't have *too* much of a point since our spells no longer truly crit (i.e. DA generation aside, you cannot pop IF to get a guaranteed big crit to take a tank from 20% to full as disc, you're still going to have to cast more spells to get his health up). It also technically doesn't fit in with any of our other major CDs (15s shorter CD than SS) which makes it a spell you have to keybind seperately to truly maximize its usage....

...nevermind, I think I just talked myself into agreeing with you.

My original point was going to be that I think that IF isn't necessarily clunky since they removed it from the GCD, and because it is technically very powerful. Also, I personally kind of like having something which is a bit different from my other CDs in terms of time and gameplay - it adds flavor - and the guaranteed DA generation, etc, all those nice things. But after thinking about it, I have to agree: I don't think I would truly miss it as a spell. What I would miss are the contributions to mechanics like mana regen, spell interruption immunity, and output, but those are gaps that could be easily filled without the need for a separate 45s CD keybind.

Deleted
    I don't know if anyone has this feeling, but it seems all others classes are getting a smoothing of their abilities(warrior slow included in MS etc) and we are actually loosing a huge amount of spells.
    I hope it's not the case, but it really does feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    PoH or CoH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.