Diablo III - Patch 2.0.1 Notes
Hearthside Chat - Art with Ben Thompson
Planned Alpha Wipe with Reward for Testing Real Money Purchase, Datamined Facts Behind the Heroes Free to Play Model
Warlords of Draenor Developer Interviews
There were a few developer interviews at the recent press events, so today we are taking a look at interviews with Ion Hazzikostas from Eurogamer and Brian Holinka from PlayersCut.
- The Level 90 boost is being sold to allow players that would have purchased multiple copies of WoW to get more Level 90 characters to do so in a more reasonable way.
- The price point was decided upon to avoid devaluing the accomplishment of leveling a character to 90.
- If Blizzard's goal was to sell as many boosts as possible, they would have set the price lower.
- The price point wasn't selected to maximize profit, just to represent the amount of time that it takes to level to 90.
- The team has already started planning for the next two expansions.
- Removing arena teams was an important part of increasing participation in arenas.
- There is a lot of Garrison content that comes from having followers.
- Patch 6.0 isn't the end of new content for Garrisons, as more content can be added as the expansion progresses.
- The devs know that some kind of Garrison PvP sounds really cool, but there aren't any solid plans yet.
- Ashran has a lot of players taking part in the battle, but they are spread out so that performance doesn't suffer. Ashran has a fortress for each faction, as well as capture points spread around the outside of the zone that are beneficial to hold. There will likely be a larger central battle with other battles going on around the outer part of the zone.
- There aren't any plans for mobile content for WoW right now.
- The technology for character model animation was finally at a point where models could updated for this expansion. Character models had also started to look outdated compared to some of the newer art assets in the game. The Pandaren were the test for new character models, and using lessons learned from them the team can update all of the other races.
- There are so many older armor models that it isn't possible to go back and update them all. The team can use them as inspiration for new armor sets though.
PvP Season 15 Begins
Season 15 gear uses the same models as Season 14, but with different colors available to each faction.
Season 14 Titles
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Heroes of the Storm - Illidan
Illidan is just one of the WoW characters that appear in Heroes of the Storm! (He also comes with a normal skin that we looked at recently)