Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    having a blast with my frozen orb wizard in torment 3. (150K+ dps). LoH doesnt do much for me so im using potions and teleporting to globes when necessary. Since images now also cast frost nova, speccing into teleport-fracture with illusionist passive you can lock down mobs with frost nova + ice armor to freeze melee when they attack you. Good control, dps and excellent solo or group-play.

Deleted
    Before patch, my Wizard was squishy as hell, I could barely do inferno 1 heh, while on my monk I was doing ok inferno 5. Now both my monk and my DH are kinda meh, but the wizard shines. I keep it safe and go torment 1, my gear isn't all that good.

Looking at the comments it sounds like the game is lot better now?

I intended to wait until a bit after RoS release and check that the game is worth buying. It at least sounds according to the comments it might be fun already. Perhaps I'll try it out.

Deleted
    For those still leveling to 60: snatch a nice weapon on the AH (they are dirt cheap now) and just go ham on Torment-whatever. I had a chest event in a damp cellar on Torment 2 at lvl 44 and I was 46 when I finished that event. Which took me all of 1 minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice their achievements are altered or ruined?

I hit level 50 hardcore in 2012, early. I hit level 60 hardcore a week or so later, in June 2012. Now I log in today and it erased my achievement and awarded me one for hitting level 60...today. In 2014. I didn't reach level 60 in 2014, I reached it in 2012.

Take a look under Feats of Strength. They moved a lot of achievements there.

If someone 'power levels' a lower level character its obvious the mobs are going to scale to the higher level.

But how much faster is the lower level person going to gain exp?

My friends and I used to power level each other in the act 3 cellars and it went by super fast with exp gear. I'm pretty curious how much exp a level 1 is going to gain from a level 60 mob with probably 100% exp if not higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Take a look under Feats of Strength. They moved a lot of achievements there.
    I already looked. According to my profile, I just reached level 60 hardcore today. I've also lost 150 hours of playtime for my barbarian (most played class), reduced to a mere 17 hours and a bunch of hardcore achievements. I play Hardcore exclusively so it's a bit upsetting.

Playtime loss is a known display bug, they're looking into it. The achievement thing I wouldn't know then.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    If someone 'power levels' a lower level character its obvious the mobs are going to scale to the higher level.

But how much faster is the lower level person going to gain exp?

My friends and I used to power level each other in the act 3 cellars and it went by super fast with exp gear. I'm pretty curious how much exp a level 1 is going to gain from a level 60 mob with probably 100% exp if not higher.
    I hope it works like in D2, really enjoyed it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Playtime loss is a known display bug, they're looking into it. The achievement thing I wouldn't know then.
    The achievement bug looks to be pretty big. According to my achievements I've never killed The Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, or Diablo. Ever. Not on any difficulty, nor on hardcore.

EDIT: Turns out all achievements like that were moved to Feats of Strength under various sub-menus. I finally found them all. Huzzah!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-02-27 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    How are wizards now?
    Amazing. It's almost like playing a real Sorceress now.

Deleted
    My wizard got even more powerful with the new patch. I started running torment III straight away, and with a few drops things got even easier. The only thing that really changed was that there's no arcane orb (that deals arcane damage) that passes through monsters anymore, apparently. So, with finding boots that give +13% to torrent, I'm now using it with cascade and happy with it. My wizard doesn't have zomg amazing power, around 150K or so damage on the character sheet, but those 1-1.5 million crits are fun to watch every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The achievement bug looks to be pretty big. According to my achievements I've never killed The Butcher, Belial, Azmodan, or Diablo. Ever. Not on any difficulty, nor on hardcore.

EDIT: Turns out all achievements like that were moved to Feats of Strength under various sub-menus. I finally found them all. Huzzah!
    Hehe, didn't I say that

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Amazing. It's almost like playing a real Sorceress now.
    Fencers what build are you using? Im trying out full cold, cause I want to make frozen orb work.

Tried it out yesterday with no APoC, and it feelt nice. Today I'll slap on some APoC item's, and learn some more.

PS: Holly crap they buffed crafting. It seems way to easy to craft now...Made 3 bracers, and they all we're good.

BIS bracers for me seems doable to get fast, maybe even this weekend:

320 INT (300-330 roll?)

6% CC (4-6 rolls)

14-16% cold damage roll (16% max roll)

And then just hope to get some decent other state...All res is best, but I'm not fussed.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

A thing i am tinkering around now. It seems that "elemental" builds work really good, and not only for wizards.

The "X type abilities do Y% more damage" suffixes are really strong - you can easiliy reach values around 80-90% if you farm for the right items. If all (or the fundamental ones) your abilities deal all the same type of damage, this setup more or less equals to "you do Z% more damage" which doesn't appear on your character pane.

Apart for wizard, monks and DH have at least 2 or 3 decent builds following this setup. Dunno about Barb and WD.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Anywho, offical forum's sure are fast with knowledge as useal. Plenty off builds out for Wizard atleast. I fear Frozen orb might be tuned down abit, but maybe they won't bother until level 70.

Pretty nice builds so far for different torment levels.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Fencers what build are you using?
    Ice Wizard; http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...lSO!ZgW!ZcZYcb

So I got to playing more with my DH last night. The biggest thing change that hurt was that I lose almost half of my dodge (went from 45% to just over 24%.) Wizards on the other hand are insanely good right now.

Also I like the changes they made to the act 3 keywarden

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    Agreed. I hate trying to bring up the map in a dungeon and having to hit the button up top to "zoom" it in to the dungeon and then hitting M doesn't close it from there it brings it back to the act map again, it's quite annoying.
    Protip: press tab

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this, but I actually enjoyed playing my monk earlier today. Exploding palm (impending doom) and cyclone strike together is just hilarious.

The "X type abilities do Y% more damage" suffixes are really strong
    For sure, I just wish we had access to enchanting already. Getting the wrong ability most of the time : )