Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blizzard is brilliant

Concerning paid level 90:

-Charge a customer to buy 5 boxes worth of content to get to endgame
    -Charge them AGAIN to skip all the content they just paid for
    -Have a devoted legion of fans actually defend this practice

They have created an entirely new business model: pay to not play (P2NP). I don't know how Blizz continues to pull this kind of stuff, but I say if WoW players are gonna be dumb enough to let them get away with it, more power to em.

Thread has been locked, there is already a thread of same topic active. Reasons behind disguest at 60 for lvl 90 chars. You may have a different wording, but it is in the end, the same topic.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-02-26 at 02:57 PM.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

You actually think people are going to level to 60 and do raids, 70 and do raids etc? You don't even think about what you type you just want to bash others. If you mean content as in questing, lol. I think they should include MoP in the battle chest and you just have to buy 2 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    "skip"

The content is still there.

I'ld prefer if the service never existed but it doesn't harm me in any way, I enjoy leveling characters. If people however hate leveling and want to pay $60 for it... it's not my money
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2014-02-26 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    Yep they are very clever.

Deleted
    Shame you're obliged to buy it, too.

Worst part is that they have a gun in your head forcing you to do it. Such drastic methods!

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    "skip"

The content is still there.

I'ld prefer if the service never existed but it doesn't harm me in any way, I enjoy leveling characters. If people however hate leveling and want to pay $60 for it... it's not my money
    It does affect you, do you notice the major conflict of interest Blizzard has now? They actually have an incentive to make the 1-90 experience less fun to encourage more paid boosts. There's very little reason to think they will not do that.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This whining is getting old...truly.
    And it usually comes from people that don't even play anymore. Now all that's left to do for them is bash players that still enjoy the game... kinda sad really.

if you would have looked, there are other threads on this topic -

Why do people feel the need to constantly bitch in these forums -

easy solution - if you dont like it - then dont buy it - wow such amaze idea

in case you still missed it - http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...level-90-chars
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Deleted
    OP has extremely good point. This kind of customer treatment would not be possible at all for many companies.

15+ Year Old Account
    You really only buy 3 boxes, since cata basically comes with the base game now.

Optional
    Optional
    Optional

Do I need to spell it out again?

They're going to do it anyway, be glad they didn't make it $25 or less and have everyone and their mum have a new lvl 90. Then people will play classes they don't know ruining your dungeon experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    It does affect you, do you notice the major conflict of interest Blizzard has now? They actually have an incentive to make the 1-90 experience less fun to encourage more paid boosts. There's very little reason to think they will not do that.
    So wait, you are saying, they are going back to 1-90 content and make it less fun? Sense. It makes none. The whole point of the boost is to use their manpower on new content, not old. It will not affect you or anyone else who does not buy the boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Blizzard fanboys always fall back to the "Are they forcing you to buy it?" "Are they holding a gun at your face and force you to buy it?" arguments.

Tell me, if they introduce gear to the store, if they introduce achievements, if they introduce purchasable gold to the store (oh wait, you can already buy gold legally via pets), etc. I bet that nobody would be saying "Are they forcing you to buy it?" "Are they holding a gun at your face and force you to buy it?" anymore.

Blizzard can get away with it because a part of their customers will simply accept anything no matter what Blizzard does.

$$$
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said in other threads, I guarantee that even though players are able to jump into Draenor, they will most likely make alts to level because of how much hype vanilla, BC, and Wrath have. The questing and leveling experience in WoW trumps any other games similar features and they're actually updating the quest UI along with all the character models. I see myself leveling new toons from scratch because everything will be updated.

Monk Shaman

I had a bowl of nails for breakfast......without any milk.

Concerning paid level 90:

-Charge them AGAIN to skip all the content they just paid for
    maybe some people just want to 1 shot quest mobs? ever thought of that?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If OP can't handle himself, doesn't mean other players can't.

Obviously if OP can't stop himself from making another whiny thread, he can't stop himself from paying for some optional stuff which does not give any advantage (except for saving time).

Less fun? It will stay the same as it is today for all eternity. But sure, let Blizz always pull a cataclysm content wise, because that worked so well the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Istypops View Post
    Optional
    Optional
    Optional

Do I need to spell it out again?

They're going to do it anyway, be glad they didn't make it $25 or less and have everyone and their mum have a new lvl 90. Then people will play classes they don't know ruining your dungeon experience.
    They could be selling raid gear, and you will be defending it, saying its "optional"
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I like how Blizzard fanboys always fall back to the "Are they forcing you to buy it?" "Are they holding a gun at your face and force you to buy it?" arguments.

Tell me, if they introduce gear to the store, if they introduce achievements, if they introduce purchasable gold to the store (oh wait, you can already buy gold legally via pets), etc. I bet that nobody would be saying "Are they forcing you to buy it?" "Are they holding a gun at your face and force you to buy it?" anymore.

Blizzard can get away with it because a part of their customers will simply accept anything no matter what Blizzard does.

$$$
    No one gives a shit about gold