Help with new combat spec

Hey all, so I switched to combat spec because I think it will pull better numbers and be more fun. The issue I'm having is that in all simulations I run, it claims me to be able to do 342k dps, something that I currently am unable to do. The difference is very significant such as doing 222k on Ironjuggernaut (I really don't understand how I could be screwing up that bad)
    I would appreciate any help figuring out what I'm doing wrong (remember I picked up the spec like, last week, I read tons of guides but none of them seem to help)
    Here's my world of logs worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4aep2yu60l1735jc/ (I'm the rogue "Wodah", and only the 25th counts because that's the only night I actually used my combat spec)
    Here is the armoury link us.battle.net/wow/en/character/baelgun/Wodah/simple"]

As an aside, I have run shadowcraft and askmrrobot to see what they think of the gear reforging, and it doesn't seem to have any issues, so I assume its a skill problem now.
    All help is appreciated

Likely causes:

Low SnD uptime (should be 98-99%+)
    Single potion use
    Lower Killing Spree usage than expected
    Shallow/Moderate Insight seem high, are you pushing into anticipation stacks to move BG faster?
    Drop rupture until you have everything else nailed, it's not worth it until then and arguably never on complicated fights
    Not using vanish in combo for "free" combo point
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Likely causes:

Low SnD uptime (should be 98-99%+)
    Single potion use
    Lower Killing Spree usage than expected
    Shallow/Moderate Insight seem high, are you pushing into anticipation stacks to move BG faster?
    Drop rupture until you have everything else nailed, it's not worth it until then and arguably never on complicated fights
    Not using vanish in combo for "free" combo point
    Thanks for the tips! What exactly do you mean with anticipation and BG?
    Also when is the best time to use KS?

Deleted
    He means that if you dont have red insight level you can just collect CP into bandits guile and go up to 9/10 before you have to evis. This is so you can max dmg and with anticipation none of those CPs are wasted. Best time to use KS is when it is off CD honestly. Unless you want to hold it for some incoming AOE needed just use it on CD.

I'd say drop rupture all together.
    Perhaps in some simcraft perfect world it turns out to be a dps increase but it just messes with your rotation for minimal dps gain.
    Slice is your bread and butter.
    Work on getting that as close to a 100% uptime as possible, which becomes a whole lot easier if you drop rupture from your rotation.

I don't get why are you talking about "rupture messes your rotation" if you just need to one time push rupture button instead of evis. Usually I use rupture under trinket procs/red insight.
    Best time to use KS is when it is off CD honestly
    Is it worth to use KS under AR?
    Last edited by Rivory; 2014-02-28 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivory View Post
    Unknown last I checked, in simulation the difference is marginal, in my very limited practise the difference is also marginal - but it does provide a hell of a lot more burst.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Rivory View Post
    I don't get why are you talking about "rupture messes your rotation" if you just need to one time push rupture button instead of evis. Usually I use rupture under trinket procs/red insight.
    Euh what?
    Unless there is a way for Combat to refresh Rupture duration that im unaware of (which is highly possible, i've taken so many wow breaks i might have missed something) you are still using cp's on it to maintain it?
    If thats the case, which im pretty sure it is, why bother?
    Yeah true, you either press Evi or Rupture but the damage difference is marginal and as Ryme stated your SnD uptime needs to be higher.
    Start with that.

Depends on the fight from personal experience, not chaining em gives you a shorter cooldown on KS due to fitting more Evi's in your AR, reducing KS cooldown through RB but the actual burst from KS while AR is active is higher.

Wanted to update saying that by following the tips my dps increased greatly (I see what you mean with rupture now).
    The one thing I'm still having trouble with is the insight level (when is the best time to start pooling CPs into anticipation?).
    Thanks for the tips though, really helped

Quote Originally Posted by woder View Post
    The one thing I'm still having trouble with is the insight level (when is the best time to start pooling CPs into anticipation?).
    The simplest answer is whenever you're not in Red BG, a trinket proc is not running out (i.e. it will not last into the next BG with enough time for you to Rupt/Evisc), and not CP capped (that is, 8 without SB, 7 with it).