Druid Solo tank Heroic Thok 10m

What is the bear community's thoughts on a bear solo tanking H Thok? I know several groups solo tank using a variety of healer setups but I couldn't find anything on Bears solo tanking. My co-tank is a Prot Warr but he switches to fury on this fight. Both are equally geared tanks and both have equally geared melee OS. I was chosen because I tend to do more dps while tanking but that could be because I usually have more uptime on the boss. Our healing comp I'm told is subpar for this fight: Dpriest, MW Monk, & Holy Pally. I'm not sure if its them or my CD usage but I do know that my cloak procs quite often to keep me alive during pulls.

I already posted a similar Q on the dungeon forums regarding our setup, I was more curuious about how you thought bears handle soloing and what CD rotation you all use. I have reg TTT & Vial plus H Harrom's and H Rook's at my disposal.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2014-02-26 at 11:58 PM.

Dpriest, MW Monk, & Holy Pally
    Hah. That's exactly what we had for our first kill.

FWIW, out of the two of you having you solo-tank is the less-good of the options b/c you deprive the raid of a Tranquility. We initially tried 1 tanking but you basically MUST get out of Acid by 2 breaths if you 1-tank as a Guardian. Ice is seriously going to suck as well. And Fire you can't live past 3 max.

I would seriously suggest 2 tanking it. What's the rest of your comp like?

Why do we all have the same healing setup?
    I'd also suggest 2-tanking unless your warrior is a great DPSer. You can still game a fair amount of vengeance as the 2nd tank, and it makes poison and to a lesser extent frost much easier to handle.
    And Fire you can't live past 3 max.
    You mean because the raid will be dead, or the bear? Because fire is pretty much a non-issue for the tank until CDs run out... which could be past 30 screeches, even (we've had kills like that, they're fun for me). Usually doesn't work out because I waste NV trying to save the raid, though .

Panic (p1) is pretty much all about your CD chain, and quick FRs if you're not going to be topped off before a screech. ATM I take over tanking at the 3rd screech and go BS->MoU->BS when it comes up->Inc+Vigil somewhere in there->SI when BS wears off->BS+external, and either he's transitioned (~25 stacks) or tank 2 taunts back. Solo tanking I had something similar, it really only matters when panic and acceleration are both stacked up. It might take some attempts to get down, but afterwards you just push buttons in order and hope people don't make the phase 5 roars longer than it should be .
    (Also, I honestly called beacon off me and had it put on a raid member who was dying. As long as I wasn't screwing up and getting globaled, healers didn't affect me much).

Jailers always just keep SD up and T&C when you can. It's hilarious to have them enrage, be able to almost 1-shot you, and watch them never land a hit.

Poison, bust out some MDs or some healing threat (4pc, YG, DoC, HotW) to actually get the bats, or set up some screwy positioning to get them to go through you to the raid, or something, because picking up the bats is something you just don't have much to handle. Usually everyone switches that phase before the poison debuff could become a threat anyway.

Frost just have a CD up whenever you're going to reach 5 stacks, and let ranged know so they can break you out. The ice block has like 1M health so it should die quickly.

If you die before the raid on fire, that's funny. Major props to the healers, in that case.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-02-26 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I would seriously suggest 2 tanking it. What's the rest of your comp like?
    Our full comp usually consists of: Bear Tank, Prot Warr, BM Hunter, Fire Mage, Ele Shammy, Destro Lock, Frost DK, MW Monk, Dpriest, & Holy Pally. The shammy is still new to the class (approx 4 weeks) and has had horrible RNG with gear drops. He is still around 556, no cloak & no meta, while the rest of us are all 570+.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wkenv6snjpcyg72c/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/cttlul2rd3ezfo1k/

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    FWIW, out of the two of you having you solo-tank is the less-good of the options b/c you deprive the raid of a Tranquility.
    Are you referring to a reg Bear Tranq or a HotW+Tranq?
    Last edited by Kioga; 2014-02-26 at 11:56 PM.

Are you referring to a reg Bear Tranq or a HotW+Tranq?
    HotW + Tranq.

Your Warrior isn't doing near enough damage to justify 1-tanking it. Plus you're going to *really* need that Tranq.