Thread: should I return

10+ Year Old Account

should I return

I played when diablo 3 first came out people saying bad and all should I come back for 2.0 I've been playing path of exile but this game just looks nicer also what big changes has happened since like 2 months after realease

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely, and with a friend. Diablo 3 is kinda meh alone, but great fun with people you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There have been a lot of big changes, so I can't really comment on ALL the changes.

But as someone who played for like a month after release and just came back for 2.0, I can honestly say the new loot and difficulty system already has me hooked. The game just FEELS better now. I don't feel forced to play the AH just to get through certain difficulties. I don't feel locked out of difficulties just because I haven't done the lower difficulty.

In my personal opinion, the game is several hundreds times better now than it was before.
    It's the same with me. The game is just about what I would've expected it back in 1.0. I used to play the game at most 2 hours a day in vanilla. I've already played 6 hours today alone in 2.0 o.o I've already replaced my legendary set I had with yellows and other random legendaries! I LOVE not playing the AH and items that drop are actually useful!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    There have been a lot of big changes, so I can't really comment on ALL the changes.

But as someone who played for like a month after release and just came back for 2.0, I can honestly say the new loot and difficulty system already has me hooked. The game just FEELS better now. I don't feel forced to play the AH just to get through certain difficulties. I don't feel locked out of difficulties just because I haven't done the lower difficulty.

In my personal opinion, the game is several hundreds times better now than it was before.
    I saw this, and do wish to respond.. but given I'd be retyping pretty much what I already posted in response to another topic, I'll just quote myself, as doing so makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus9001 View Post
    I actually played last night.. for the first time in what must have easily been 6 months, if not longer. Aside from some aches and pains making my play time limited, I actually felt some sense of potential. The main reason I stopped playing before was.. the horrid RNG of the game, combined with the perpetual need to buy gear on the AH just to be able to keep going. I almost never scored an actual upgrade for myself in the original run of playing, from launch to whenever it was I stopped. Crafting was ho-hum in the results, and I just ended up buying gear on the AH to try to alleviate my frustration. Once I heard the in-game AH was going to be closed permanently.. it was like the game died to me. Eventually, after hearing of the revamped loot system introduced on the home console versions, and that it was coming to the PC version, I kept a sliver (and I do mean a sliver) of hope in my head that things would improve.

Fast forward to last night.. I decided to try the game again because my wife was (and is) awesome enough to pre-order me the Reaper of Souls expansion. I decided to give the game a pick-up and toy with getting the feel for the controls again (which felt awkward once more, as I mainly play WoW when I dabble with my PC). After a few minutes, I slowly got the feel for things back, and went to doing quests and checking with the blacksmith. I was surprised to find craftable gear that was pretty darn close in quality to the gear I had bought from the AH, even a couple of patterns that could theoretically grant me upgrades. I was taken back.. and given an extra boost of hope that the demise of the AH wouldn't ruin my chances to actually advance my characters. (I am an alt-o-holic, if nothing else.)

Time will tell how well it all plays out; the initial look is a good one.. but I am a cautious person when approaching optimism.. as being optimistic is not my usual forte, to say the least. Thus, I hope for more goodness to come in RoS.
    Thus, I have hope for D3 once again. Reserved hope, but hope nonetheless.

#FlightIsImportant