Thread: PSU upgrade

Deleted

PSU upgrade

Hi,

Had this psu im using a long time now, and it's starting to whine and sounds like the fan is on it's way out. My current psu is not modular either, which is one of the reasons I want to upgrade.

I'm looking for a psu around the 500w(ish) mark, will by building a new rig in it sooner or later so would like a bit of expandability but will only ever really be using mid-ranged single gpu cards. Budget is simply as cheap as possible within reason. I haven't really kept up-to-date with PSU's so not sure who is making some good quality PSUs atm.

Anyone have any recommendations? (England btw)

10+ Year Old Account
    XFX 550w. Can get options of modular or non modular. May wanna check scan.co.uk amazon or dabs.com for prices.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapetos View Post
    XFX 550w. Can get options of modular or non modular. May wanna check scan.co.uk amazon or dabs.com for prices.
    Thanks for speedy reply.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-...ly-modular-psu

This one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used Corsair PSUs for my builds. Never had any problems what so ever. They have many modular and semi-modular models. Highly recommend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Try to find a bronze not a gold... saves yourself money and still get a brilliant PSU out of it. On phone with bad signal so can't link one yet.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    I've always used Corsair PSUs for my builds. Never had any problems what so ever. They have many modular and semi-modular models. Highly recommend.
    I've used corsair psu's before, they lasted me my entire warranty, but something I should have added is that a warranty longer then 2 years would be helpful.

I was looking at

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-...12v-eps12v-psu

It comes with 5 years warranty, modular and 650w (little bit over what I was after but the price is justifiable). Anyone have any thoughts on the PSU linked above?

10+ Year Old Account
    That seasonic one I've had recommended to me before for it's quality. So unless someone tonight with more experience with them says otherwise then personally looks good. It might be the one I go for too as currently have a non modular

Deleted
    The Seasonic unit is pretty good. The EVGA isn't quite the same level but still reasonably good and £15 less.

The XFX linked by Moosie doesn't match picture/code, code matches this one, Seasonic OEM either way:

http://products.xfxforce.com/en-gb/P...U/P1-550B-BEFX

XFX ProSeries 650W £67 (Seasonic OEM) || Review 1 || Review 2

Deleted
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, I managed to find a local seller selling the EVGA one you linked, a tad more expensive (£75) but it means I get it tomorrow which I really need.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-02-26 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    I've used corsair psu's before, they lasted me my entire warranty, but something I should have added is that a warranty longer then 2 years would be helpful.
    AFAIK corsair psu's have a 5 year warranty except their budget CX line (3yrs) and their 1200w flag ship models (7yrs)
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |