Thread: Thok HC bugged?

Deleted

Thok HC bugged?

My group is wiping on heroic Thok (usually a one shot) He feels really bugged. He's really slow in changing phases, everyone with really low health and he just doesn't transition to kite phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had no issue this week on Thok at all with transitions. Is this 10 or 25 man? Are you sure the correct amount of people were actually stacking to push him when they dropped under the health requirement? Post a log if you can and we can possibly analyze it to find out for sure.
    Jakesterwars - Jakesterwars#1531
    Tyranny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakesterwars View Post
    We had no issue this week on Thok at all with transitions. Is this 10 or 25 man? Are you sure the correct amount of people were actually stacking to push him when they dropped under the health requirement? Post a log if you can and we can possibly analyze it to find out for sure.
    It's 10 man and everyone stacks. We sat for 2 or 3 screeches waiting for him to transition, but nothing happened, causing us to wipe.

Thok was nerfed a few weeks ago just dont go over 30 screeches it shouldn't be too hard to transition just make sure your raiders aren't all using personals when you try to transition i dunno

Welcome to Thok, the only boss that gets harder with more gear.

Make sure everybody has cancel absorb macros and don't use personal cooldowns when you try to phase him.

Deleted
    We usually stop healing and run together at 26 stacks. With the remaining "ground-heals" like healing raind it pushes us at 28-29 stacks before he makes the transition.
    We pop the spirit-link-totem at 26 stacks to make sure everyone has the same level of health and no one dies.
    Maybe this can help you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Potsu View Post
    Thok was nerfed a few weeks ago just dont go over 30 screeches it shouldn't be too hard to transition just make sure your raiders aren't all using personals when you try to transition i dunno
    I stress, the entire raid was at 30% health, stacked together and waited for 2 or 3 screeches while our health got even lower, but nothing happened. Like I said, it's usually a one shot, and we did everything the same as previous attempts.

Oh well, we'll see if it's fixed tonight.

Deleted
    Last reset we had some really odd behavior with Thok as well (25 man Heroic). Like our Disc Priest suddenly getting aggro a good 5 seconds AFTER the BrM tank had taunted, or the boss would suddenly turn to the melee group and 1shot someone. After this had happened several times with no real explanation (no miss taunts), I started to monitor Omen non stop.

So the last time it did it, the BrM was top on Omen with a dps on about 90% threat. I was the other tank (Guardian) and I had not touched Thok during kiting phase at all - to avoid any sort of threat. So I was 4th on Omen at that point. I wasn't attacking the boss for a good 5 seconds after the BrM had picked him up and only prepared for the tank swap. I did ONE Lacerate and instantly got aggro, although it looked like it initially turned towards a dps and then within a mili second it changed to me.

We didn't understand what was going on. The BrM is an alt but he's main is Prot Paladin and he's been raiding on the BrM on our Heroic alt run. We tried going through the logs but there was just no indication of what went wrong tbh.

TL;dr: Buggy boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    Last reset we had some really odd behavior with Thok as well (25 man Heroic). Like our Disc Priest suddenly getting aggro a good 5 seconds AFTER the BrM tank had taunted, or the boss would suddenly turn to the melee group and 1shot someone. After this had happened several times with no real explanation (no miss taunts), I started to monitor Omen non stop.

Exact same thing was happening with my group. I solo tank as a Prot Warrior and was doing over 600k DPS and was losing threat to a Water Elemental. Something is very wrong with this boss at the moment, and hopefully Blizzard is aware of it.

Happened to our bear on IJ. Think threat just gets occasionally fucked ATM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post

So the last time it did it, the BrM was top on Omen with a dps on about 90% threat. I was the other tank (Guardian) and I had not touched Thok during kiting phase at all - to avoid any sort of threat. So I was 4th on Omen at that point. I wasn't attacking the boss for a good 5 seconds after the BrM had picked him up and only prepared for the tank swap. I did ONE Lacerate and instantly got aggro, although it looked like it initially turned towards a dps and then within a mili second it changed to me.

We didn't understand what was going on. The BrM is an alt but he's main is Prot Paladin and he's been raiding on the BrM on our Heroic alt run. We tried going through the logs but there was just no indication of what went wrong tbh.

TL;dr: Buggy boss.
    Someone is trolling you guys and boping him lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post

Any tank who is raiding heroic content knows when he's been HoPed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar93 View Post
    I stress, the entire raid was at 30% health, stacked together and waited for 2 or 3 screeches while our health got even lower, but nothing happened. Like I said, it's usually a one shot, and we did everything the same as previous attempts.

Oh well, we'll see if it's fixed tonight.
    That's just complete bullshit. If you were all at 30% the next screech would have killed you, let alone the two after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post

The BrM tank was so infuriated that even if that had been the case once or twice, nobody would have dared to keep doing it. And even IF someone had done that, how do you explain the Disc Priest suddenly being at the top of the threat table?

No, something was very wrong last reset on Thok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thok does require a taunt on the rear-end of every blood rage, though that's been the case since 5.4 launch, so I assume that isn't the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Thok does require a taunt on the rear-end of every blood rage, though that's been the case since 5.4 launch, so I assume that isn't the problem.
    Yeah that's not it at all. He's been solo tanking Heroic Thok first on 10 man and now we're 2 tanking on 25 man and we've been farming this boss for months. Just never seen it react like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    Happened to our bear on IJ. Think threat just gets occasionally fucked ATM.
    Seen a similar thing on garrosh. Boss would turn and melee a dps, despite the tank being well on top of threat.

There is something weird with threat at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendeis View Post
    There is something weird with threat at times.
    More often than not, it's called Path of Frost. Not really sure WHY it matters at all for threat, but it causes stuff similar to what's mentioned in this thread.

(and doing some log-stalking, was active during IJ in Quotey's raid)
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-03-01 at 06:04 AM.

use spirit links to push.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).