What is the oldest PC you (successfully) run WoW: MoP on?

I don't know if you saw the thread below:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3238206?page=1

My system is a Pentium 4 2.81Mhz with 4G ram, NVidia 256 graphic card and 500g Hard drive running at 7200rpm. Not an old outdated system and can even run Windows 7. Not 10 year old tech by any means.
    In it, the OP blames blizzard b/c his Pentium 4 Northwood@2.8 GHz (an August 2002 model) is unable to run WoW.

Now, it just so happens and my work laptop is a Toshiba S1950-801, Pentium 4 Northwood@2.8 GHz, Nvidia GeForce4 460 Go 64Mb AGP GPU, 2GB DDR1 RAM @333MHz, Intel i845PE Brookdale Chipset.

Proof:

Out of curiosity, I installed WoW on my laptop (it runs a modern 500GB WD HDD) and logged in to check on the OP's WoW experience.

Now, this laptop was the first laptop I played WoW on back in December 2005. From what I recall, it had trouble running WoW Vanilla at resolutions over 1024X768.

Here's the results: My laptop is only good for posting auctions. Trying to do anything else is laggy, and normal gameplay is very laggy. I can understand the OP's frustration, hahaha.

I didn't test it at 800X600 or 640X480 though. Might work somewhat better at these resolutions.

So, what is the oldest PC you have successfully managed to run WoW on? "Successfully" means that you are able to at least level up and do dailies without lag at or above 20 FPS. :-)

I dunno the oldest but my old pc which my younger bro uses plays it pretty well at 1280x720, it chugs in the 25 mans but flex 13-15 is really quite smooth.

hes running an amd althon 64 3500+ 2.2ghz, it was 1gb of ram but i recently put another stick in it so its 2gb of regular ddr ram. and the gfx card he had was a 6200tc, but now he has my old 4650 which i think is bottlenecked by the 7+ yo mobo. i think if you were to crank everything down to the minimum and run it at 1024x768 it probably would still run on a notebook but you would probably have a hard time even doing 5 mans.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2014-02-26 at 03:13 PM.

I don't know if you guys noticed, but the P4 Northwood was built on an 130nm process. By comparison, my modern i7-4770k is built on a 22 nm process. :-) The GPU was built on an 150 nm process. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm still playing on the computer I built for my graduation project back in high school which was 5 years ago already (holy shit). I don't remember all of the specs but I know it has a 1TB hard drive, 4GB of RAM, a Pentium 4 that I think is a 2.5 quad core processor, and an nVidia 9800 video card and my motherboard which is also I think nVidia and had dual SLI which I think was something that allowed you to use two monitors or something I forget (I never used it) and my "sound card" is already built into it.

My oldest computer I was running WoW on was my old Pentium 3 that I got for free from a library that was going to throw it away because they were getting new ones. I hardly remember the specs but it was something like 512MB of RAM, had to have been no more than 20GB for my hard drive, and I couldn't even begin to guess what my processor was. It was a Pentium 3 so you could guess how bad it was. This was when WoW was only 2 years old and I was playing when it was still just classic WoW so the requirements to play weren't that high. Ah, the memories.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

My PC is just a bit over two years old (give or take a couple of months) and can still run most games I throw at it on their "ultra" or "highest" settings with no hiccups.

However, my REALLY old HP computer that I used when I played Classic WoW was pretty outdated, even back then. I was running Windows XP on a 1GHz Pentium 3 with 256MB of RAM, a single 80GB drive, and onboard graphics. It's amazing that system even worked at all. WoW ran like ketchup from a glass bottle, but it worked as long as I avoided 40-man stuff or heavily-populated cities. I thought the poor thing was going to explode in a mushroom cloud the first time I went to AV back in the day.

My PC from 2004 runs it fairly alright (45-60 FPS) with fair/medium settings with shadows/water disabled

Amd Athlon XP 2800+
    Nvidia Geforce 7800GS (AGP card)
    2GB DDR2
    Last edited by Wilian; 2014-02-26 at 04:50 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I played vanila on a 1.9 GHZ pc (single core) Upgraded to a work issued HP laptop with on board graphics it ran BC well and I did have mop beta on it. Cant run d3.

I go a new work issued acer travel mate laptop. core i5 1.6ghz (quad core?) with 4g ram intel onboard 3000 grafics card.

Run mop on lowest grafics settings and runs well. except for standing on elagons platform.

I haven't bought a pc or laptop for myself in over 10 years..

10+ Year Old Account
    I know my computer from 6 years ago can run Mists of Pandaria on lowest settings (and no other browser or such behind).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never owned a old computer in my life so I have no idea.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    IBook G4. Runs at around 10-15 fps.

My old computer, or wait its my current computer, runs wow on medium just fine. In 25man raid there can be some issues here and there, but nothing game breaking. Or well i am used to bad fps so i guess not that bad for me, someone with a proper pc probably couldnt take it.

Setup:

1680-1050

intel core 2 duo e4500
    Geforce gt240
    4gb ddr2 400 mhz
    Last edited by Itakas; 2014-02-27 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uuuhhmm... What I'm currently using.

GTX 780ti, 8gb RAM and a 3750k

And no, no such thing as overkill with GPU's!