Deleted

[BrM] Garrosh 10hc

Hey all, been having a few problems on Garrosh where I just up and die, it is usually when I take two 400k melee's to the face and have the debuff up at higher than 3 stacks. Thing is, it happening over the course of two seconds so reacting with a FB / DH (else if i'm not taking DM) is very difficult.

Below is a Puush of of of such attempts, I can get you the logs if you want to see them as well.

http://puu.sh/7cluH/c2092e4ac3.jpg

my basic damage taken numbers for that pull are;

Min hit = 17.8k (one of the adds i'm guessing)
    Max hit = 401k (the larger end of garrosh's melee's)
    Avg hit = 140k

I'm tanking with a Bear and he is taking the same amount of damage as I am overall but seems to be able to deal with it more due to Frenzied Regen.

Thanks for any tips or suchlike </Suplift>

Deleted
    It's hard to make rigid statements from a death log alone, though I'll try: The death log shows that the only defense you had was Shuffle at the time you received those two hits. No Elusive Brew, no LMG proc, no shields from your priest (apart from a 3k Divine Aegis from atonement), no Earth Shield, and no other external cooldown. With all defenses down and no luck of occasionally avoided hits, you're likely to get clubbed down in such a situation.

You cleared a 350k stagger that you received from the first melee hit Garrosh gave you after his whirl, while being at approximately full health. This was probably a waste of chi, but I don't think this is what killed you in the end.

Are you out of melee range of the boss while he whirls? The occurance of Spirit Link during the whirl either suggests that you all stack on the boss during the whirls, or that one tank stays behind while the rest is out of melee range. If you're out of melee range, chances are you won't have EB stacks ready when you need to tank the boss.

In my opinion the best way to deal with this is planning your EB/cooldowns a bit better; call for an external when you don't have any defenses up/left or planned for something else in the near future. Expel Harm could have been a lifesaver as well - don't be afraid to use it after taking a full hit to the face. You could also opt to get the four piece bonus or get a bit more mastery, but in the end, proper cooldown usage will trump a small shift in stats.

Deleted
    It happens for me too, but most of the time I can just throw in a EH or whatever and it happens to be enough so healers can keep me alive.
    Guess you could save all your heals for that few seconds that the 3-5 stacks is, assuming you are switching on 5 stacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Citti View Post
    It's hard to make rigid statements from a death log alone, though I'll try: The death log shows that the only defense you had was Shuffle at the time you received those two hits. No Elusive Brew, no LMG proc, no shields from your priest (apart from a 3k Divine Aegis from atonement), no Earth Shield, and no other external cooldown. With all defenses down and no luck of occasionally avoided hits, you're likely to get clubbed down in such a situation.

You cleared a 350k stagger that you received from the first melee hit Garrosh gave you after his whirl, while being at approximately full health. This was probably a waste of chi, but I don't think this is what killed you in the end.

Are you out of melee range of the boss while he whirls? The occurance of Spirit Link during the whirl either suggests that you all stack on the boss during the whirls, or that one tank stays behind while the rest is out of melee range. If you're out of melee range, chances are you won't have EB stacks ready when you need to tank the boss.

In my opinion the best way to deal with this is planning your EB/cooldowns a bit better; call for an external when you don't have any defenses up/left or planned for something else in the near future. Expel Harm could have been a lifesaver as well - don't be afraid to use it after taking a full hit to the face. You could also opt to get the four piece bonus or get a bit more mastery, but in the end, proper cooldown usage will trump a small shift in stats.

Yeah man, I thought it was going to be more of a "you had no CD's up so you died thing" than a "get more mast" thing.

I really can't say why EB wasn't up because i was in melee range, the lack of earth shield was because those were two of the first hits after a tank swap (if I remember correctly.) but I can see your point, its just his melee's are so inconsistent size wise its really hard to know when a FB will be useful and when it would be wasted. And from the EH point of view I honestly can't tell you why it wasn't used then, I'm mostly spot on with it, the only thing I can think of was lack of energy.

Cheers for the help though mate!
    Last edited by mmocbf7bf77c98; 2014-02-27 at 02:53 PM.

Suplift, if you put up an armory w/ your tanking gear (not your healing that's currently there) since that can give a better idea of roughly how much health you're working with (what your safe zone will be) and how hard you're likely to get hit.

The last 2 seconds of your life you recieved an atonement heal (from holy fire ticking) and riptide ticks which isn't going to be enough if bad rng comes your way while you're actively tanking garrosh. This is without knowing if expel harm and guard are on cd as well. Really though you pretty much died without any real direct healing on you (including a lack of healing rain ticks, assuming you were not standing in it).

Dropping below half health should be a sign to hit expel harm if you have it up since you should be pooling energy between 40 - 80 while waiting for keg smash to come off cd anyway. W/ a stam food buff I'm sitting at about 827k hp unbuffed (no stam trinkets) so I sit above 900k buffed up and what not. If you're having issues getting gibbed might want to have stam flask and food to give you some more wiggle room.

edit: Also did you have any elusive brew banked to have up at the time? It looks like it fell of during whirling?
    Last edited by Leblue; 2014-02-27 at 02:56 PM.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohveli View Post
    It happens for me too, but most of the time I can just throw in a EH or whatever and it happens to be enough so healers can keep me alive.
    Guess you could save all your heals for that few seconds that the 3-5 stacks is, assuming you are switching on 5 stacks.
    Yeah, I guard at 3-4 and then when the bear is tanking i try to prep another guard early so that I can get two in per set of 5 stacks (if i cant do that due to CD's i find DM a good way to relive some dmg

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah just way my armoury link is being weird; here you go http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/suplift/advanced

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Dropping below half health should be a sign to hit expel harm if you have it up since you should be pooling energy between 40 - 80 while waiting for keg smash to come off cd anyway. W/ a stam food buff I'm sitting at about 827k hp unbuffed (no stam trinkets) so I sit above 900k buffed up and what not. If you're having issues getting gibbed might want to have stam flask and food to give you some more wiggle room.

edit: Also did you have any elusive brew banked to have up at the time? It looks like it fell of during whirling?
    This is the ideology i aim for when it comes to EH, like I said the only reason I can think of that it wasn't used was the lack of energy. I'm sitting around 893k unbuffed and using stamn food and an agi flask.

yeah, you shoulda used EH or ran over a couple frogspawn.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

You can't rely on always having a cd or absorb up, it's just not feasible on 10 man. Elusive Brew, even being up is still just rng based on whether it will save you or not. So how do you keep yourself alive? Your healing. You may want 4 piece for this fight, you also should always have some gift of the ox on the ground at all times to heal and you also should make sure you always have 40+ energy at all times for emergency expel harms. Your healers where neglecting you at the time, but you also did nothing to help them out in the way of your own healing.