Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm just parsing language. "Arm and activate" is redundant if it doesn't mean the trap goes off.
    and yet...if it auto-activates without needing a target it ceases to become a trap. This turns Explosive Trap into Flamestrike. Which is...neat...I guess? I agree that word for word it sounds like what you're saying is true but it renders all the trap models pointless and would require some retooling. Like what do your snakes do if nobody is standing where the trap lands? Just seek out the nearest enemy? What happens to the freeze trap if nobody is standing there? Nothing happens. Latency issues alone say that won't work.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Well they just did it.

The last well designed class fall.

Good job blizzard.
    I hope you don't mean hunters. I just say Black Arrow.

If they actually make traps go off instantly without anyone touching it, we're esentially becoming wizards freezing/ blowing up stuff or summoning snakes from nohwere. That would really be the worst class design ever and I would drop this game in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by mmocfd2a43b266; 2014-02-28 at 02:13 PM.

we're esentially becoming wizards freezing/ blowing up stuff or summoning snakes from nohwere.
    This also means Glyph of Explosive Trap could no longer exist. There is a 0% chance they're going to give us what is essentially the Ele Shaman knockback but with the capacity to throw the subject(s) instantly in any direction of our choosing from 40 yards away.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    they might as well just give hunters arrows.. frost arrow, ice arrow, snake arrow and what not.
    this way you will just replace scatter+trap with conc shot + trap.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorte View Post
    Well they just did it.

The last well designed class fall.

Good job blizzard.
    Lmfao.

GG BLIZZARD MAY ASWELL JUST DELETE HUNTERS

Deleted
    Well, if they fix the issues with traps, like people walking over them without they activate and the slow reaction for them to activate at all, can I live without Scatter Trap. Never liked it but felt needed to have a chance to CC an opponent many times as they move so frekking fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Fair point. They're removing the monk orb ability because it's not fun trying to click on a moving player's feet, but are deliberately adding that same problem to traps?
    No they are removing monk orbs because you can spam heal yourself and tank 3 melees with it, plus two casters. (I know I play misweaver pvp on the side)

wtb ice arrow. targeted, 1.5 sec cast 2min cooldown, guaranteed cc shot. i'd take a 2min cooldown with guaranteed success, unlike the traps we've had since 2004. funny, the scatter+trap was a bandaid for the woeful design, and now after all these years they decided to remove scatter.

So maybe you guys are looking at this wrong... What if they make the traps radius bigger and anything inside gets cc'ed

It really won't be that bad considering how much movement while casting all other ranged lost. Hard casting is coming back in a big way and landing traps in 6.0 with those changes will be nothing like how it is in todays game of instant cast and cast while moving.

You have to put the change in to perspective with the rest of the system changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    Perhaps you're confused on what Healing Sphere does for a monk. It works kind of how a launcher trap does currently except it's spammable.
    In WoD, you're losing the launcher so you're dropping it at your feet. It's also not spammable.

These are not the same. I suspect it's aimed at melee face humping you. You already have tools to help with that.

So, in case you're still confused: Monk Healing Sphere's are NOT auto-placed at the monks feet. They are targetted.
    We're not losing the trap launcher...at least don't think they will remove it,traps would be even more useless then and we are losing SCATTER SHOT which is really really good at getting melee out of our faces,but thats gone now apparently so we are getting less tools for it
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2014-02-28 at 04:47 PM.

Honestly I see nothing wrong.
    Traps are mainly pvp - they have little to no use in raid content.
    Scatter shot again is mainly pvp.

Those skills do not make the hunter class. Bow and pet is what defines a hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    Poly heals rapidly so that's a drawback

Fear is broken by everything everywhere and has to be cast and casting right now... I won't even get into it.

Lots of other things will go probably. Like Feed pet and so on.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2014-02-28 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    i have a dream, that one day my targeted cc will be just as easy to get off as polymorph or fear instead of requiring the skills of a navy seals sniper to get off
    at least there's still mongoloid damage, right guys?
    You want a cc with a cast time that can be interrupted and heals the target? - on the up shot you do still have Wyvern Sting if you want an instant cc without placement issues of traps. Its no perfect but better than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Poly heals rapidly so that's a drawback

Fear is broken by everything everywhere and has to be cast and casting right now... I won't even get into it.

Lots of other things will go probably. Like Feed pet and so on.
    Are you for real? Fear doesn't break period lol

I don't know how many damn times i'v had to sit through a whole 7 sec fear with a melee beating the crap out of me the whole time.

Good try though, made me lol

OT : I could stand to lose scatter shot if they made our traps reliable Ie: trap hit's the ground under a target ( and instantly traps said target ) with no 3 sec activation time.
    with that i could live without scatter.
    Last edited by Littlepinch; 2014-02-28 at 05:06 PM.

Maybe the activates instantly is the fix for having a freezing trap launched at you and has the delay before it freezes you. I can't count how many times I've had other hunters launch it at me, just for me to move away. This would eliminate that. Launch the trap, lands and instantly becomes active so it can be triggered instantly, and not the ridiculous idea of a snake trap popping on it's own the minute it hits the ground.

The thing you have to realise is

you are seeing like. 25% of an unfinished puzzle.

wait and see what other talent/spell changes are coming, before we make broad sweeping generalisations. I know blizzard have made some questionable choices before, but I doubt they would make our CC THIS hard to land. considering it is no stronger then any other casted/targeted cc..

~I think we need to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

wait and see what other talent/spell changes are coming, before we make broad sweeping generalisations. I know blizzard have made some questionable choices before, but I doubt they would make our CC THIS hard to land. considering it is no stronger then any other casted/targeted cc..

Im with you. Im patiently waiting to see what it looks like before I make my final judgement. Its just very disconcerting to read that scatter is getting removed just being in the current game we need scatter to reliably land a trap, granted youre not trapping off someone elses cc.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

See, you somehow still have faith in Blizzard. I've seen them fuck up enough things with the community screaming at them that it's a stupid idea more times than I can count so I'm already fairly sure where this is going. Besides, that's kind of a false premise. The only way to make up for removing Scatter would be to put back in something similar to Scatter which would make zero sense. They're not going to take away our ability to keep people in place just to put in another ability to keep people in place.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Instead of allowing you to instantly use a trap, it makes it more realistic: You need to plan out where you drop your trap and actually kite your target into it (or plan ahead where he will be going).
    Because this is reliable...People are getting up in arms because most every other cc in the game is fairly reliable.

Currently Scatter + Trap just gives the other time to prepare for it. It will be interesting to see how it goes. They're changing CC all around, and its still early.

From a PvE standpoint its a bit annoying, its removing a second non-boss interrupt.