Thread: Tropico 4!

Deleted

Tropico 4!

Installed this game yesterday, and even for modern day standards, this game rules. It´s basicly a city-builder, but with a lot of economic and political stuff going on aswell.

Setting is in the Caribean, and ur a dictator on your rise to power. If you don't live up to your populations expectations, they can and will lynch you. Unless you enforce some militairy Junta and opress them like a proper dictator. Throw them in a prison and make them do slave labour for a few years. Or you can just.. you know, provide for your people. Import iron and make arms factories, but be wary of your US allies, they might bomb you if you piss them off.

It's a very fun game, and didnt see a topic on this game yet. The best thing is: You decide how to rule. You want to be an enviromentalist? Sure, go ahead. You wan't to be a tyrant? Go ahead. Only thing im missing is coke planatations

Think it goes for 9,99 on steam? Best 10 bucks u'll ever spend. Just don't download the DLC's, they are a bit of a moneygrab.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-03-02 at 08:42 PM.

Deleted
    Always goes on 75% off at the sales too - and at 75% off, the DLCs aren't too badly priced.

Tropico 5 just went into closed beta too. I have hopes for it, I loved Tropico 4.

Deleted
    Tropico rocks, it is my ultimate fallback game when I am feeling down and want to spend time alone with my own thoughts, I always come away happier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man I always like playing as evita peron or allende/pinochet (that fucking duo, hate them due to what they did to mah country, make allende go full on capitalist and pinochet comunist and you have the best contradiction in history 8D!)
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, Tropico. It's a fun city builder; one of my favorites. One of the few I'm any good at, too. I've only got a handful of DLC packs, but one that I do have, the Cement Plant DLC, comes in handy. It's an industry building that produces a refined product without needing raw materials. Decent way to make some money early on. Having access to iron and building a weapons factory breaks the game though, in my opinion. With enough mines feeding the factory, you'll be rolling in the money all the time.

I usually go the Benevolent Dictator route.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Tropico rocks, it is my ultimate fallback game when I am feeling down and want to spend time alone with my own thoughts, I always come away happier.
    I somehow dreamt of this game ALL fucking night. Just building cities in my dreams.. amagad.

Ah, Tropico. It's a fun city builder; one of my favorites. One of the few I'm any good at, too. I've only got a handful of DLC packs, but one that I do have, the Cement Plant DLC, comes in handy. It's an industry building that produces a refined product without needing raw materials. Decent way to make some money early on. Having access to iron and building a weapons factory breaks the game though, in my opinion. With enough mines feeding the factory, you'll be rolling in the money all the time.

I usually go the Benevolent Dictator route.
    Still working on the campaign. Found that if you just make like 3-4 farms with either sugar/tabacco/coffee and put a cannery/rum distillery/cigar company near there, ur golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Still working on the campaign. Found that if you just make like 3-4 farms with either sugar/tabacco/coffee and put a cannery/rum distillery/cigar company near there, ur golden.
    Pretty much any industry, if sufficiently developed and staffed, will rake in the money. Spiced Rum, Weapons, and Fine Jewelry make the most money from my experience. With a weapons factory or two going, you can rake in enough money to enact Free Housing and set down a bunch of apartments to make your citizens happier about their housing conditions, at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Pretty much any industry, if sufficiently developed and staffed, will rake in the money. Spiced Rum, Weapons, and Fine Jewelry make the most money from my experience. With a weapons factory or two going, you can rake in enough money to enact Free Housing and set down a bunch of apartments to make your citizens happier about their housing conditions, at least.
    Always build appartment blocks straight off the bat to avoid riots and communists being pissed off. Later put windmill + airco and its a 80% housing standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Always build appartment blocks straight off the bat to avoid riots and communists being pissed off. Later put windmill + airco and its a 80% housing standard.
    Oh, I know. Building Fire Departments nearby set to... I think it's "Cat in Tree" operation mode boosts housing quality by another 10-15 or so, I think. And if you have Modern Times, you wanna upgrade the apartments into Modern Apartments as soon as you can. Hard to beat the housing quality of an apartment with the occupancy of a tenement.

Deleted
    EL PRESIDENTE!
    The game's awesome

I need to buy some DLC with the next sale

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    EL PRESIDENTE!
    The game's awesome

I need to buy some DLC with the next sale
    I've only got three DLC; Modern Times, the Quick-Dry Cement pack, and the Junta pack. Need to think about grabbing a few other packs. I got Quick-Dry Cement because I liked the idea of having a factory that produced a refined good without needing resources.

I've really enjoyed the Tropico series, but I have the say Tropico 4 has been my favorite in the series. It's a very relaxing game, yet you 're constantly working on things. And the music puts me in a happy mood.

Deleted
    Love tropico!!

though my island always ends in a shitty congested mess with shacks everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Always goes on 75% off at the sales too - and at 75% off, the DLCs aren't too badly priced.

Tropico 5 just went into closed beta too. I have hopes for it, I loved Tropico 4.

omg! didn't know there was going to be a tropico 5! just seen on steam it apparently goes into modern era, cant wait!

I love the humor in those games, but I wish they would provide some harder difficulty levels.
    The game is far to easy, you can build anything you want and still swim in cash.