Just a quick Ele question.

I just got back from a fairly long hiatus of the game and was talking to a friend of mine and he mentioned 2 things that I guess want some more confirmation on. He said that now with the legendary meta-gem and any haste procs you want to be refreshing your FS even if it has lets say ~15 seconds remaining if all you're doing is spamming LB anyway. Refreshing FS so early seems odd to me as it's always been kinda a no-no for us. And 2nd if you're using the UE talents that if you use UE and you don't cast LvB before the buff runs out to use FS anyway to get the bonus from the next fire spell dmg instead of wasting it.

opinions? lol

Nah. You'll pretty much want to only reapply FS when there's one tick or less left.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) yes, refreshing flame shock has higher priority than LB under haste buffs because your faster flame shock ticks will lead to many more lava surge procs.
    2) no, flame shock damage is insignificant. LB has higher priority unless your flame shock is about to fall off.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    1) yes, refreshing flame shock has higher priority than LB under haste buffs because your faster flame shock ticks will lead to many more lava surge procs.
    So it is worth it to recast FS under the meta gem haste buff even if FS has half its duration remaining eh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    So it is worth it to recast FS under the meta gem haste buff even if FS has half its duration remaining eh
    No, don't do this.

Leeds said on the Finalboss.tv episode to clip flame shock in an effort to get it rolling with the meta proc, which lasts 10 seconds, so there should be plenty of time to let the current one tick, and refresh it at the end of the LMG proc

Quote Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
    Leeds said on the Finalboss.tv episode to clip flame shock in an effort to get it rolling with the meta proc, which lasts 10 seconds, so there should be plenty of time to let the current one tick, and refresh it at the end of the LMG proc
    So what when you end up in a situation where FS has ~8 seconds left, LMG has 3 seconds and you're sitting on 7 stacks on ES. Is it worth it to recast FS and waste all the extra LS charges to to let the LMG fall off to use ES so you have enough time to refresh FS?

Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    So what when you end up in a situation where FS has ~8 seconds left, LMG has 3 seconds and you're sitting on 7 stacks on ES. Is it worth it to recast FS and waste all the extra LS charges to to let the LMG fall off to use ES so you have enough time to refresh FS?
    I would say going for more lava surge procs would be more important than waiting a little bit on casting fulmination, yes. You could also precast ES when the meta has 6-7 seconds left and not get stuck with full charges.

You're talking about gains in the 1% percent area, it's really not worth worrying about. If you try to do this and ends up screwing your rotation in some other way because you were staring at your buff, then you've already lost the gain.

On a lot of bleeding edge heroic progression, that 1% matters A LOT. Just ask Midwinter about their Heroic Thok progression (and two straight nights of sub 1% wipes) #BeastSlaying #Berserking.

Anyone doing heroic progression right now is not on the "bleeding edge".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xade View Post
    You're talking about gains in the 1% percent area, it's really not worth worrying about. If you try to do this and ends up screwing your rotation in some other way because you were staring at your buff, then you've already lost the gain.
    This. It's too much effort unless you really want that ~1% gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BolognaAndCheese View Post
    On a lot of bleeding edge heroic progression, that 1% matters A LOT. Just ask Midwinter about their Heroic Thok progression (and two straight nights of sub 1% wipes) #BeastSlaying #Berserking.
    if OP was in that position he wouldn't ask that type of question since he would already know the answer.

It actually depends a lot on your gear, that is a big determining factor on shock CD's and what you have "room" to do. In full heroic gear I often don't have the Shock Globals to keep 2 FS's rolling on fights that allow it(paragons mostly) unless I want to sit on a lot of shield procs.

On single target fights w/high gear levels its almost never worth refreshing FS if it would "skip" more than a tick or two and life is 1000x easier if you pay attention to fight mechanics rather than procs.

It would also be worth noting that its better to just "manage" your LS procs as opposed to hitting a hard decision. If I recall a 4stack LS-Fulm is = to a LB and thus worth using if it will setup your shock CD's better down the road(though RNG mass procs can still "mess it up" for you). Doing this "well" is crucial on fights where you roll 2xFS.