Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go with close to home. The Kvarken Archipelago on the Finnish western coast. Thousands of small islands that are mainly uninhabited except for some summer cottages here and there. Pristine nature and you can have a whole island to yourself or your group of friends. Sadly our summers are a bit too short but it's heaven on earth while it lasts.

Honorary mention goes to Norway, what a breathtaking landscape that is. Also I'd like to mention Puerto Banús near Marbella in Spain, I have never (and probably never again will) walked past that many millions worth of cars and yachts in such a short distance. Bentleys and Ferraris and Lamborghinis and so on, everywhere. That was the first time I've ever seen a Bugatti Veyron with my own eyes as well. Lastly the vast sand dunes of the Sinai peninsula were kind of hauntingly beautiful to a northern european like me, I'm used to seeing sand on the beach, not stretching out before me as far as the eye can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Highlands of Scotland.
    Adak, AK.
    The sea approach to Bergen Norway (circa 1980-1981)
    The Firth of Clyde

10+ Year Old Account
    West Slope of the Rockies in Colorado in fall
    Front Range of Colorado looking out over the Great Planes.
    Middle of the Pacific Ocean on a calm day at sunset.

But best of all was a rock on the beach on Whidbey Island, WA looking out over the Strait of Juan de Fuca. You can see the Olympic Peninsula, the San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island.

Milford Sound in New Zealand, it was raining extremely heavy when i went there which resulted in the most incredible waterfalls I've ever seen.
    Arnhem Land/ Kakadu in Northern Territory Australia

10+ Year Old Account
    Grand Teton National Park

Deleted
    I guess Crete in Greece ... And generally Greek islands . Traveled all across the world but nowhere felt like home beauty !

I don't travel a lot, so my post is kind of limited here.
    Back in 2006 I think it was, I went on vacation to Canada with my family. We went in the end of June/early July, so we got to sit in front of Niagara Falls and watch the fireworks. That was truly an awesome trip.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Here's a few of mine:

Crater Lake (Oregon, USA) Freaking amazing volcanic caldera lake that's like 2000ft deep, 6 miles across
    Giant Redwoods (in Oregon/California USA) 300 foot trees, you feel very small walking among them
    Grand Canyon (Arizona, USA) more than a mile deep in some places, and miles across.
    Rocky Mountains (Utah/Colorado, USA) BIG mountains, see them from far away, then go in among them
    Scottish Highlands (Scotland, UK) Stark bare mountains, many colors, especially cool if it's misty/raining.

Going to see Yosemite National Park and Sequoia National Park this year, so will have more to add

I tend to be much more 'wowed' by natural things, manmade things just don't do it for me.
    Get out of my head! I've been to all of these but Scotland.

The redwoods were my favorite though. Such massive ancient trees. If you want to experience being insignificant, then this is the place.

South Island of New Zealand. Traveled all of it and it was all so staggeringly beautiful. Every day was something new.
    Banff/Jasper in Canada. Muncho Lake as well, that was probably the closest definition of "natural beauty". It was SO captivating, I almost didn't believe it. It was the definition of "calendar" landscape.
    Peru - Sacred Valley + the view behind Manchu Picchu, not necessarily the ruins themselves. Go to the top, look backward (Wayna Picchu at your back)
    Sydney, Australia - Beautiful for me, as it has been a dream of mine to walk through the city. Finally did it. Loved it to tears.
    Thailand - Koh Pi Pi, and Phuket.

The link in my sig goes to my travel journal, some of the pictures are there
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Plastira Lake in Thessaly, Greece. Scenery such as this, been there twice, once during winter and once during spring. Stayed in a lovely alternative tourism village with wooden cabins. Absolutely lovely.

Myrtos Beach, Kefalonia, Greece. Kefalonia is a wonderful island in general, but Myrtos is my favourite beach. Probably one of my favourites in Greece (and I've been in many! :P)

Delphi, Greece. This place has a really mystical kind of beauty, I've been there twice and searching for images made me want to go again.

Melissani Cave, Kefalonia, Greece. Another stunning location in Kefalonia.

These are the ones that spring to mind immediately when I think of beautiful locations. As you can tell, I haven't had the chance to travel outside Greece.

PS: Pictures are not mine, picked from Google to give you an idea.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngjayhawk View Post
    Milford Sound and Queenstown New Zealand
    Yeah I agree. Queenstown is such a stunning little town. I've been twice, once in summer and once in winter. The food there is fantastic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    without any doubts the most amzing place i've ever been is right next to the woman i love .
    theres no other place like that on this world .
    no other place can make me feel the way i feel when she was near.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yosemite would have to take the cake.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out east in the US: West Virginia.
    Out west in the US: Colorado.

Michigan is gorgeous now, even with all the snow melting.

Grape Island, one of the Boston Harbor islands open to the public. I try to visit it every year during the spring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grape_I...Massachusetts)

I mean, does this trail not look inviting?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...land_trail.jpg
    Last edited by Tulune; 2014-03-01 at 05:12 AM.

Detroit, Michigan - natural habitat of the bullet.

Big Bend National Park, My god was that place amazing. It's a large desert area with mountains scattered through it, these mountains though, unlike the terrain thousands of feet below it are flourishing with life.
    When I was there it was raining every few hours, so the temperature was perfect, and in the mountains a dense fog covered them, kind of like the mist you see all over Pandaria in WoW

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...eak_Summit.jpg
    The nights their were absolutely stunning as well, here is a picture that we took.
    http://imgur.com/280Ttbi,cwrEZWB#1
    http://imgur.com/280Ttbi,cwrEZWB#1

I hope I can go back there one day.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2014-03-01 at 06:33 AM.

The Louvre, I am an architect buff; at night this place visually is just stunning... Inside... Not to shabby

10+ Year Old Account
    I never have to go far. In fact out on my deck and look down a beautiful Australian beach. Grew up 20m from the ocean and it is still beautiful.

If I have to pick somewhere else it would have to be a Buddhist temple I was staying at and watching the sun rise as they do there morning chants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Detroit, Michigan - natural habitat of the bullet.
    It is sad how true that is lol.
    Aye mate