Blood DK Endless 30 Help

So DK is one of my alts and I wanted to work ont he PG achievements. I steamrolled through bronze/silver and got gold after a bit - was surprised in the jump in difficulty between silver and gold. Now I'd like to do Endless 30 but I'm not even making it to 10 and I haven't found any good posts/guides for blood dk's for doing it. Part of it might be a gear thing, I'm still using a 450 BoA 2H sword as I haven't had one drop from any of the raids and my trinkets are pretty crap too.

Assuming Raid Finder for everything, or vendor if they'd be better, what trinkets would be the most ideal to do this with? What stat priority for reforging? (atm I think I have 12% haste/crit and 143% mastery and 6% hit/exp)

Aside from that, does anyone who's done this have any suggestions/tips on CD's? Glyphs? (I see people suggesting the AMS regenerative one but not sure I see the significance). I'm having trouble with waves 2,4 and 6. I've made it to 9 a few times but it's never been smooth or looked like I would live through it.
    Last edited by tavalus; 2014-03-01 at 02:05 AM.

There was a recent thread about challenge modes, which included a link to a BiS gear set spreadsheet. Since scaling is the same in proving grounds, that would be a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    There was a recent thread about challenge modes, which included a link to a BiS gear set spreadsheet. Since scaling is the same in proving grounds, that would be a good place to start.
    Cmode BiS set is based on max DPS for speed run times. PG is completely different, you want to go full into Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    So DK is one of my alts and I wanted to work ont he PG achievements. I steamrolled through bronze/silver and got gold after a bit - was surprised in the jump in difficulty between silver and gold. Now I'd like to do Endless 30 but I'm not even making it to 10 and I haven't found any good posts/guides for blood dk's for doing it. Part of it might be a gear thing, I'm still using a 450 BoA 2H sword as I haven't had one drop from any of the raids and my trinkets are pretty crap too.

Assuming Raid Finder for everything, or vendor if they'd be better, what trinkets would be the most ideal to do this with? What stat priority for reforging? (atm I think I have 12% haste/crit and 143% mastery and 6% hit/exp)

Aside from that, does anyone who's done this have any suggestions/tips on CD's? Glyphs? (I see people suggesting the AMS regenerative one but not sure I see the significance). I'm having trouble with waves 2,4 and 6. I've made it to 9 a few times but it's never been smooth or looked like I would live through it.
    I tried mastery/stamina geming/reforging but the waves 16 and 19 were brutal.
    I went full avoidance gems/reforge, 1:3 dodge/parry low hit/exp and used 2 avoidance trinkets and got very easy 45+ waves in the first few tries.

I used the Glyphs for Outbreak and Festering Blood, because I like those for tanking.
    There are only 2 hard waves, wave 6X and 9X. I used for wave 6X RemorselessWinter -> DancingRuneWeapon -> Icebound Fortitude -> Knockbacks for max range and I used for the really hard 9X Army -> RemorselessWinter -> DancingRuneWeapon-> Icebound Fortitude.
    I had no use for the lvl 58 and 60 talents at all. If I needed heal, I did something wrong - standing in fire, got stuned etc.

Mastery seems the right choice for the first very easy waves, but you get punished with mastery in the hard waves 6X and 9X.
    -