Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnap View Post
    I feel like too many people do not realize what button bloat is. A buff like inner fire/will is the definition of button bloat.
    Button bloat=too many things taking up keybinds. There's plenty of people who get buy just fine without binding inner fire/will.

I would feel annoyed.
    There is no apparent reason why it would need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like too many people do not realize what button bloat is. A buff like inner fire/will is the definition of button bloat.
    Actually, the opposite is the case. Maybe are the one not realizing what "button bloat" is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    But the spellpower was baked into spell abilities, since inner fire is used almost exclusively, and will more for its mobility at times you're not actively dps/healing.

If Shadow's trash state was finally fixed and they finally become comparable to Mages and Locks in damage output then I'd give up anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it adds nothing to gameplay, it can be eliminated. (Shadow priest perspective)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no reason for either to be removed as abilities (unless they were made passive) but honestly I wouldn't care

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inner Will - Removed.
    Inner Fire/PW: Fort - Passive like Shamans Passive auras.

3 buttons removed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Inner Will - Removed.

Inner Fire and Will can probably go.... Inner Will might be more interesting as a healer cooldown than as an alternate self-buff, but could just as easily be taken out.

I dislike the idea of making all the hour-long buffs into auras, because then you're tied to the person generating the aura to get the buff. if you have to split up over a long distance, or if that person dies, the buff goes away.... plus it's nice to be able to buff people to help them out with various activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I would feel annoyed.
    There is no apparent reason why it would need to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the opposite is the case. Maybe are the one not realizing what "button bloat" is?
    maybe are what? It doesnt have to be keybinded, it just has to be on your action bar. I am surprised that so many priests seem to open the spell book to click inner fire.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Moonkin glyph (same as the shadow glyph for mending/renew) have been baked in the spell. Moonkins can cast ALL their spells while in form.
    Ah haven't been on my druid in moonkin form in a very very long time so I wasn't aware of that particular change. I know that the shadow one is baked in. That just makes my point even more so that shadow priests should be able to do all their healing spells while in shadow form like druids get to.

Back on topic (since I just realized I didn't post about it in my first post lol), I have a sneaking feeling that inner will is going to go away. The only priests that use it are holy priests and you don't see many of those around now a days. I would be pissed off if they took away inner fire though.

Quote Originally Posted by AslanLionJesus View Post
    Shadowform shouldn't be passive...because it's their shift into damage form, regular for healing, shadow for damage...like a boomkin
    Except Boomkin can cast all of there heals in Boomkin Form, Shadow got fucked.
    Hi Sephurik

Now that Blizzard is scaling things anyway, they should just get rid of abilities/passives that give a flat buff to dmg/healing/whatever. Stuff like this is boring anyway. It's better to only use buffs/nerfs in order to make each class balanced and you can simply do that through each separate skill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Inner Will - Removed.

Speaking of which I don't understand:

Warlock sp/sta is active.
    Armor for self is passive.

Priest sta is active.
    Inner for self is active.
    Spell haste is passive.

Shaman's mastery buff is passive.
    Shield is active.

Feral's stats is active.
    Crit buff is passive.

Why is this, what is the logic in all this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Why is this, what is the logic in all this.
    All secondary stat buffs are passives. All primary stat buffs are active (spellpower is a primary stat btw). What's that hard to understand about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    All secondary stat buffs are passives. All primary stat buffs are active (spellpower is a primary stat btw). What's that hard to understand about that?
    Not really if you consider hunter pets, and then mage who does active crit and pala who does active mastery. Its just an annoying pile of unnecessary spaghetti.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How would you guys not feel naked without it on? =/

I'd rather they just give us the Warlock treatment and make Inner Fire a passive and Inner Will into a cooldown we press occasionally to have a short period of improved instant effectiveness.

I switched back to my spriest recently in preparation for Warlords and I had to make a gigantic yellow bold print "INNER FIRE" banner appear on my screen when it's missing so I don't forget to have it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Grammar issues aside, you're right. This isn't the kind of "ability bloat" that was described in detail by Celestalon but it is an example of having active abilities you ignore. We're not Shamans or Mages, we don't need Inner Fire to be something we turn on as all three specs use it.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2014-03-02 at 06:22 AM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Grammar issues aside, you're right. This isn't the kind of "ability bloat" that was described in detail by Celestalon but it is an example of having active abilities you ignore. We're not Shamans or Mages, we don't need Inner Fire to be something we turn on as all three specs use it.
    I think the better option would be to make Inner Will more interesting, rather than axe both of them. Add a different kind of throughput boost to it rather than mana reduction. No one with a brain is going to give up spellpower for movement speed...

Inner Fire / Inner Will? Those things I always have up / never ever ever ever ever use?

I think "button bloat" currently is pretty indeterminate. Inner Fire doesn't occupy any meaningful button real estate since you can fire and forget for an hour.

If I were going to hazard a definition, Inner Fire is technically button bloat, but in practice is not.

I prefer active buffs over passive auras. You can outrange auras, those folks can die, etc.

It partially cuts both ways, yeah ... auras don't need to be reapplied on battle rez.

But I think the range / phasing thing trumps everything else. Unless maybe they can make aura buffs zone-wide in raid zones (so as to not screw with pvp)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.