Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I think "button bloat" currently is pretty indeterminate. Inner Fire doesn't occupy any meaningful button real estate since you can fire and forget for an hour.
    Yeah, you clearly know what you're talking about. Welcome to the Mists of Pandaria where Inner Fire and Inner Will don't have a duration. You pop it once and it remains till you die or respec. Its a maintenance, like the Water Shield / Lightning Shield.

If I were going to hazard a definition, Inner Fire is technically button bloat, but in practice is not.
    For me it is. I am not going to click shit like this. I have it keybound. For three reasons: one, I got the spare keybind cause I play a priest. Two, I CBA to click any stuff I need to click 5x an hour; I keybind that. Three, if I die and get ressed I need to have it active ASAP. For that reason I also have Fortitude keybound. I also have Shadowform keybound 5x on the out of Shadowform main stance bar so whatever keybind I press I get into Shadowform first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Grammar issues aside, you're right. This isn't the kind of "ability bloat" that was described in detail by Celestalon but it is an example of having active abilities you ignore. We're not Shamans or Mages, we don't need Inner Fire to be something we turn on as all three specs use it.
    Warlocks got an overhaul in MoP and lost their choice between Fel Armor and Demon Armor.

Shamans lose their choice between Lightning Shield and Water Shield (ele/enhance gets Lightning by default as passive; resto gets Water by default).

Mages lose their choice for Molten Armor, Mage Armor (what an odd annoying name btw), and Frost Armor and these become baked in the respective spec.

And priests... yeah you guessed it right you're going for the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by AslanLionJesus View Post
    Shadowform shouldn't be passive...because it's their shift into damage form, regular for healing, shadow for damage...like a boomkin
    simple. remove flash heal from shadow, make shadow self-healing stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Yeah, you clearly know what you're talking about. Welcome to the Mists of Pandaria where Inner Fire and Inner Will don't have a duration. You pop it once and it remains till you die or respec. Its a maintenance, like the Water Shield / Lightning Shield.
    I haven't played in a few months and forgot that, but I like how you don't realize that singling out one false but extraneous detail of an otherwise perfectly valid point doesn't exactly make you look like a smart person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    I haven't played in a few months and forgot that, but I like how you don't realize that singling out one false but extraneous detail of an otherwise perfectly valid point doesn't exactly make you look like a smart person.
    You assume too much. Stick to what you know for sure instead.

Deleted
    Inner Will / Inner Fire also disappears when you use a tome of the clear mind. To me, that's the most annoying thing about those spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    They could make it passive and it would have very little effect, even on players that actually bother to switch between them occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Inner Will / Inner Fire also disappears when you use a tome of the clear mind. To me, that's the most annoying thing about those spells.
    This x 10^23. Same for mage armors.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should get rid of Inner Fire and Inner Will - and make whatever effects they feel we need passives to our class. ie. passive +10% spellpower, passive +60% armor, passive +8% runspeed, etc

On a somewhat related note, I think Shadowform should be a passive upon speccing Shadow - which bars us from casting Holy spells entirely in Shadow spec. An argument could be made for keeping Renew and Prayer of Mending - and then buffing our versions of them accordingly - or we could just be compensated in some other (more shadowy) way.

Fortitude should be a passive aura, too.

Having bars full of buffs is button bloat, it's UI bloat and it's keybinding bloat for me. I'm perfectly fine with having 68 keybinds as Shadow, cutting button bloat isn't a priority for me - but they aren't doing it for players like me. Abilities like Fortitude and Inner Fire/Will go on a bartender bar that hides when not moused over, and is hidden in the top corner of my screen - but if your playing with the default UI - ya, it's dumb to have rows of buttons that are at best, annoying to press after you die.

The best argument for not having fortitude/inners being passive, is that having to push those buttons and having them visible all the time is the 'penalty' for death in WoW: as opposed to other MMO's where you lose experience and etc. It's not a good argument.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

About the passives vs hour buffs, don't forget the buffs can be dispelled. We need some things to be able to be dispelled imo. I also don't want every buff causing you to stick with the source, especially for pvp. I like the fact that some can't be dispelled but you need to be near the source and some can be dispelled but you can venture wherever. Also, it is nice to have some of those buffs there to eat dispels that would otherwise eat my precious shields or hots.

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons I'd see keeping fort as a spell. Buffs like that should be dispellable. Inner fire can't be dispelled, and its basically a passive. The big issue with many priests spells just comes down to the fact that we have so many buttons for special situations.

In pve, I rarely ever need to touch my healing spells, most of the time, DP will keep me topped off. However, spells like renew and pom are essential for pvp since we spend so much time locked down and unable to do damage. If shadow received even a small amount of passive life steal, we could probably do without those spells entirely. It would address what so many non-priest arena players seem to think makes priests completely OP... the fact that we can heal other players.

To address pvp survivability, I'd like to see Spectral Guise replace our now invalid Void Shift... thus freeing up the 60 tier for a survivability cd/proc thus replacing what void shift provided, but with a smaller effect. If guise and fade just didn't become one ability.

No more rebuff, on death, respec, or retalent. Wohoo! please do remove!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    No more rebuff, on death, respec, or retalent. Wohoo! please do remove!
    Please remove!