Deleted

Siegecrafter hc, mines of missiles

Hey,

we are currently progressing on siegecrafter, after ~70 wipes our best try so far was 3min 55sec.
    When we started with him, we killed missiles on the belt. The exact order was:

Wave 1: Kill Missile, Emp. Mines, Laser
    Wave 2: Kill Missile, Emp. Laser, Mines
    Wave 3: Kill Magnet, Emp Missile, Laser
    Wave 4: Kill Missile, Emp Mines, Laser
    Wave 5: Kill Missile, Emp Magnet, Mines
    Wave 6: Kill Mines, Emp Mines, Laser
    Wave 7: Kill Missile, Emp Laser, Mines
    Wave 8: Kill Missile, Emp Magnet, Mines
    Wave 9: Kill Laser, Emp Mines, Laser
    Wave 10: Kill Missile, Emp Laser, Mines
    Wave 11: Kill Missile, Emp Magnet, Missile
    Wave 12: Kill Laser, Emp Mines, Magnet

26 tries with that order, some of them ended early due to belt fails. The boss stood right on top of the mine spawn.
    Unlike in some killvids, our mines survived really long and got almost kited across the platform.

At this point, we decided to kill mines on the belt and deal with emp missiles.

Wave 1: Kill Mines, Emp. Missile, Laser
    Wave 2: Kill Mines, Emp. Laser, Missile
    Wave 3: Kill Laser, Emp Magnet, Missile
    Wave 4: Kill Mines, Emp Missile, Laser
    Wave 5: Kill Mines, Emp Magnet, Missile
    Wave 7: Kill Mines, Emp Missile, Laser
    Wave 8: Kill Mines, Emp Magnet, Missile
    Wave 9: Kill Mines, Emp Laser, Laser
    Wave 10: Kill Mines, Emp Missile, Laser
    Wave 12: Kill Mines, Emp Laser, Magnet

Due to better belt handling those tries lasted a little longer. After many 2:xx attempts, we survived till belt 6 on wednesday.

The thing is, while some people want to stick to this tactic, others claim that we possibly won't get past wave 3/4 very often.
    Given the fact that the initial tries ended mostly due to random fails, we are tempted to go back to killing missiles on the belt again.
    I'm not sure if this is a great idea after so many tries.

Our roster:

Dps:
    2*Mage (Arcane, Fire)
    2*Warlock (Destro, Destro)
    Moonkin
    Fury Warrior
    Survival Hunter
    Elemental Shaman (Resto 2nd)

Healers:
    Disc Priest
    Holy Pala
    Resto Shaman (Ele main)

Tanks:
    Brewmaster Monk
    Guardian Druid

What do you think? Should we swap back to killing missiles on the belt oder continue with our tactic?
    Would be great to hear some experienced opinions. Thanks in advance

Here are our Logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/km3Q6CZz8R91MKXT (first 26 missiles on belt)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/9kL1AdPtZXyj3pTa (mines on belt)

A recommendation, 2 heal this fight and make the shaman go ele ( disc priest can solo heal this fight too) with the amount of caster you have the mines should die very quickly, if not then kill mines in belt, the most dangerous part of killing mines in belt is the 3 & 6 belt where you have to deal with emp laser or emp magnet and you only need to deal with the mines once in the platform. Positioning is the key on this fight, if your raid is going to stack in a place for the magnet then dont drop fire and saw there.

Deleted
    Killing missiles is the way to go. Killed the boss on my alt team yesterday and took us around 2 hours of progress with that strat. The only thing holdng us back was belt issues. Very easy to heal, kinda boring in fact. Ended up the fight with 100 % mana and find myself dps'ing most of the time. 1 healing might be the solution next time.

You have 2 mages. Surely 2 well co-ordinated rings of frost would make the mines a joke?

Deleted
    We wasted 250 wipes before we realised mines are much easier to deal with than the missiles.

If even ONE of your warlocks goes affliction he has an aoe 70% slow making the mines much easier.

thanks guys, we will try dealing with mines today

One thing we did to help out is more of a mixed strat:

Kill Order:
    Missile, Laser, Missile, Laser, Missile, Mine, Laser, Mine, Laser, Laser, Missile, Mine

The goal of this strat is that emp magnet NEVER follows empowered laser. It gives you some very nice burn phases on the boss during these weapons.

The order you will get following that kill set:
    Emp Mines, Laser
    Emp Missile, Mines
    Emp Magnet, Laser
    Emp Mines, Missiles (arguably the hardest part)
    Emp Magnet, Mines
    Emp Laser, Mines
    Emp Missiles, Mines
    Emp Magnet, Missiles
    Emp Laser, Mines
    -We stopped sending people on belt and just killed him here.
    Emp Mines, Missiles (just like wave 4)
    Emp Magnet, Missiles (like wave 8)
    Emp Laser, Magnet (ideally you should never reach this).

Can check our kill video "Avid vs 10m Heroic Siegecrafter Blackfuse" on youtube if you would like.

The strat requires your ranged to be good at dealing w/ the mines. But the bulk of the boss damage comes from your melee (belt dps).

tried many thing and I have two warlock, two hunters one SP and 2 melees. Fed up I dropped to one heal disc and we just destroy it.

we remove mines whenever possible and avoid empowered magnet.

boss dies at belt 5.

Note: two hunters dealing with all belts simplify things a lot, but having 2 melees meant mines were too dangerous for us.

Disabling missile is probably easier now with the nerfs and gear levels

Deleted
    Killing missiles is the way to go.

You have a main Elemental Shaman off-speccing Resto as 3rd healer?

Get him to go Elemental, two heal it (nearly all of the damage is preventable with proper execution).

Two ele shamans and mines.... me and the other Elemental Shaman in my guild were able to almost solo mines on our first 25 man heroic, you'll be fine on 10.

You just need someone to slow them...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakarun View Post
    Hey,

we are currently progressing on siegecrafter, after ~70 wipes our best try so far was 3min 55sec.
    When we started with him, we killed missiles on the belt. The exact order was:

Wave 1: Kill Missile, Emp. Mines, Laser
    Wave 2: Kill Missile, Emp. Laser, Mines
    Wave 3: Kill Magnet, Emp Missile, Laser
    Wave 4: Kill Missile, Emp Mines, Laser
    Wave 5: Kill Missile, Emp Magnet, Mines
    Wave 7: Kill Missile, Emp Laser, Mines
    Wave 8: Kill Missile, Emp Magnet, Mines
    Wave 9: Kill Laser, Emp Mines, Laser
    Wave 10: Kill Missile, Emp Laser, Mines
    Wave 12: Kill Laser, Emp Mines, Magnet
    A couple of suggestions to iterate on your first strategy:

On Wave 4 - If you kill the Mines, you'll have Empowered Missile/Normal Laser again, which is easy and you guys should be pretty good at.
    On Wave 6 - If you kill the Laser, then you'll have Empowered Mines / Normal Mines. I think it's a worthwhile tradeoff because killing 3 extra little mines when you're already AoEing a bunch of them down isn't a big deal, and you keep some fire off the floor, and you save 30 seconds of someone running around with a laser.
    On Wave 9 - We kill the mines. Super Laser / Normal Laser isn't actually a big deal.

Doing it this way you'll only have to deal with Empowered mines twice in the fight, instead of 4 times. That's actually the same way we did it months ago. Video below if you want to watch how we move the boss.

Also - definitely two heal the fight. There is absolutely no reason at all to use three.

http://www.twitch.tv/jdooley511/c/3239944
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

We killed mines every time, and missles when there were no mines. The wave 2-3 transition and wave 3 was the hardest part of the fight. We had ~50 attempts prenerf, and around 30 post nerf before we killed it.