Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I can see ESO flopping in the same way that GW2/SWTOR/etc did. Will be sticking with WoD.
    This is the reason why one should try new games out, so you don't become as jaded as this poster who makes up his own beliefs and stories in his head, then to believe they are true.

So try it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    This is the reason why one should try new games out, so you don't become as jaded as this poster who makes up his own beliefs and stories in his head, then to believe they are true.

So try it out.
    Always try it out. i wont be getting ESO after playing the beta as there is one thing in particular about the game i really hate. And unfortunately its a core gameplay mechanic

I ALSO HAVE A BETA KEY GOING FREE FOR THIS WEEKENDS TEST! PM me if u want it. first pm gets

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post

To just say..loljustquitman..that's silly.because it just simply isn't that easy.

The game isn't fun for me, so I guess I should definitely move on. But that doesn't mean it's easy.
    Well unless you want to play it till you die and then will it to your children you will have to walk away eventually. Video games aren't important. They are what you do when you don't have anything important to do.

It was an easy decision for me. We are looking at 9 month to a year with no content again in wow so was a no brainer to quit. I will poke my head back in to try WoD but i love me a bit off Elder Scrolls. Sounds like you best option is to quit wow and play ESO. You can always go back to for WoD if ESO does not tick all the boxes.

I can see ESO flopping in the same way that GW2/SWTOR/etc did. Will be sticking with WoD.
    Flop as in both being very successful now?
    Last edited by Deadite; 2014-03-02 at 11:34 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soon as i quit wow and tried a new game i noticed i missed so much by playing an outdated game. I felt like a kid again playing new games at 2560x1440 ultra sharp graphics smooth fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like TES games, but this TESO was just borderline boring for me...

ESO is already a failure, there's still hope for WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepe View Post
    ^

Personally, I've just grown tired of clicking to attack. I think the game has amazing potential, but sadly I am one that needs combat to feel flawless and enjoyable to keep on playing.

I'll play WoD and Skyrim on the side
    I haven't used "auto" attack in Teso since I got level 2 and a skill point ...

I am considering dropping my WoW sub for a while to play ESO until WoD bits.

I've been blasting through beta, got to level 24, etc. The game is a tad buggy, but that's what a beta test is for, right? Anyways, the game is very fun, but it seems that the bulk of ESO's endgame is campaign mode (which is awesome). The problem is, that while Cryodiil is the funnest place to play in the game, your eventually gonna get bored after a while. All of the outposts and keeps are the same, you can't see very far, repetitive terrain, long walks between destinations, and the same siege/defend routine as always. Perhaps if campaign mode extended to battling over keeps outside of Cryodiil in places like Stone fall, it'd be more exciting. But yeah, After two weeks of just going around the same green map to same buildings and then dying and spending 15 minutes walking back... Zenimax better have more to it then that.

ESO's enjoyment comes from the large scale, DaoC and WAR type battles. That's what the devs need to focus on.

My budget only calls for 1 MMO monthly fee..I loathe Wildstars art style, so it's between my near decade relationship (8 and a half years) with WoW and my over a decade love for Elder Scrolls (Started with Morrowind in 2002).

Ugh. I'm in the ESO Beta right now, and I gotta say I'm loving it so much. The micro and macro detail in the environments are great, but..it's so hard..to say goodbye to WoW..sigh..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing WoW at all, it's a lot of fun, played it for 8 years for crying out loud. I must like it. But I want something new.
    Actually, I've already decided not to buy either one. I'll continue playing Wow up to MoP and pay my sub fee, but I am not buying any more Wow expansions.

My budget only calls for 1 MMO monthly fee..I loathe Wildstars art style, so it's between my near decade relationship (8 and a half years) with WoW and my over a decade love for Elder Scrolls (Started with Morrowind in 2002).

Ugh. I'm in the ESO Beta right now, and I gotta say I'm loving it so much. The micro and macro detail in the environments are great, but..it's so hard..to say goodbye to WoW..sigh..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing WoW at all, it's a lot of fun, played it for 8 years for crying out loud. I must like it. But I want something new.
    Take a break from WoW, perfect time to. Glad you like ESO, I couldn't stand it, it disappointed me in so many ways, and I've been in betas for quite some time.

Nothing stops you from moving on but yourself. I've quite enjoyed my breaks from WoW. I love and enjoy SWtOR and very happy I've played it. I liked Tera and appreciate it. I LOVE FFXIV ARR and would recommend it to anyone. I liked Rift off and on since it released. I tried EQ2 and Aion and was equally unimpressed with them as I was with ESO, and I can't exactly say why; all 3 just can't capture me.

Taking a break from WoW will either cure your addiction, or you'll come back. Considering WoD is months away, great time to spread your wings; even try out some of the F2P ones, even if all their models aren't perfect, they aren't as bad as people try to bash and claim.

Love what you love, don't let anyone else deter or detract you from that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was me, based on beta i would choose wod : / Gw2 prob offers a better game than eso and it doesn't charge per month

Won't touch ESO until it goes free to play in a few months, it's a really bad MMO in my opinion. It plays okay, combat system is horrible though... When it goes free to play I'll explore, have fun with crafting and so on but I can't take the game seriously with a monthly subscription when wow is so much better (again imo) and I've got years and years invested in wow.
    Credit to ESO people though, going out with a monthly sub mmo to directly compete with wow. Takes some guts.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I think WoD looks really bad. Raid-or die endgame, ridiculous story (you are going back in time! but not really because that would change our story and that is too much work for us) and aside from that less of everything... less abilities, less item stats, less stats, less NPC crafters, less flying and so on.

ESO.. i'm not sure. It would be a great singleplayer game but i'm not sure if it worth the sub money. I guess i'll buy it at some point but i'm not sure if i will start at launch.

I think if the choice between two video games is such an excruciating decision for you, you need to step away from MMOs completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so disappointed by Oblivion that I don't want to play anymore Elder Scrolls game. Definitely WoD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheren View Post
    I think if the choice between two video games is such an excruciating decision for you, you need to step away from MMOs completely.
    There's nothing wrong with having passion for video games.

Deleted
    SWTOR didn't play out as the designers would wanted to, but how is GW2 a flop? At any time of the day I can do all raid events with enough players on screen, WvW is always crowded with people and even when leveling a low level character I still see enough other people running around. Also GW2 makes half a million in micro transactions every month and that seems to be enough for the developers to ditch out new content every 2-3 weeks.

It's interesting how you're asking everyone which game you should play between the decade old WoW, over a new release. And almost everyone has said try out the new game if you feel it's going to help you through those entertaining periods.
    But for each response, you've come up with an answer to keep you in held of WoW.

If you're not ready to move on, then stick to WoW, because clearly that's what your telling us.

Lol, you guys make it seem like quitting something you've done for nearly a decade is just as simple as taking a dump. There is so much I have invested into this game. I have legendaries on 6 characters. I have collected things that do not even exist in the game anymore. I have every single 2h weapon in the entire game on my warrior. Every single one. I have played this game a LOT.

To just say..loljustquitman..that's silly.because it just simply isn't that easy.

The game isn't fun for me, so I guess I should definitely move on. But that doesn't mean it's easy.
    Stop making excuses and attempt the quitting process. The game is hard to quit, but it isn't hard to take breaks from. I've been playing the game on/off since the first day it released. 2-3 year periods of play with raiding, rep grinding, atonement unlocks, cosmetic rewards, and so on. I've not given up on the game, but taken a break due to this expansion feeling a lot of the same towards the end. My breaks usually last 4-10 months depending on what features were in the game (cata was the longest break by far).

If you're really wanting to do what you're saying in the quote here
    And you truly believe that, then you've already answered your own question. ESO is the game you're wanting to play and WoW isn't it anymore. So it's no longer of what you had achieved in wow, it's now about moving on for a while and playing ESO.

I was actually planning on doing ESO, but after having done quite a few beta's it just doesnt interest me one bit.
    Theres nothing about the PvP that interests me, and the PVE is downright terrible. I cant even seem to get into the lore like i normally can, cus all i notice is how much of the lore they retconned to fit into their setting. It just pisses me off to no end..

Its the worst of both the Elderscolls world and the MMO world. Its bad and should feel bad. I know i cant force you not to play it, but i seriously cannot fathom how you could reason paying 60$ + a monthly fee for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    Soon as i quit wow and tried a new game i noticed i missed so much by playing an outdated game. I felt like a kid again playing new games at 2560x1440 ultra sharp graphics smooth fps.
    And ultra smooth high res graphic is all a game need to have to be good, am i right ?
    I rather take wows freedom and decent gameplay over any AAA games released the past 5 years with ultra smooth graphic and totaly shite linear gameplay

GW2 is pretty successful. Its also launching in china on the 11th so dunno what your talking about. ESO also has something WoW will never have. A console playerbase. Thats going to pull in some numbers right there not to mention the fact that its coming to both Xbox and Playstation systems. One of the reasons WoW had so many players is because you didnt need a high end system to play the game. ESO is going to get alot of players because its launching on 3 platforms. WoW has international numbers which is why ppl think its the king of sub mmo's. GW2 is about to get a bumb in sales due to china, and ESO is going to get the normal 2 mil sales maybe more next month not to mention in june or july w.e it launches on consoles if the pc version gets good reviews your going to see a big bump in numbers again.

So unlike most games ESO cant be judged by its first week or day 1 or first month sales due to its delay in console release. Once it comes out on consoles we will see if the game is a success or not.

Keep in mind the game is not launching in Asian markets so dont include WoW's asian popularity with other games it competes against unless they also have asian distribution like GW2 is about to have.