Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is Wildstar so massively anticipated?

In every game I hear people talk about Wildstar nonstop. They all seem very, very hyped about it.
    Yet when I myself go check some Wildstar stuff out, I only see crappy aesthetics (not to be confused with bad graphics or anything alike) due to a Borderlands copypaste, some old guy that's supposed to be a bad guy(lol) and bunny girls.
    Bunny. Girls.

I really mean no offense, but what in particular does make people go hyped over this game?
    Maybe I'm completely missing something, but to me personally it just seems... bad. :/
    Last edited by Arenis; 2014-03-02 at 11:52 AM.

Have you watched any of the DevSpeak videos that go over how the game mechanics and other features of the game work? If you don't like the stylized graphics, you could at least try to look past them and have a look at the actual game.

Also did you mean Borderlands copypaste? Because I'm not quite sure what you mean by borderline. Unless you mean it's borderline similar to WoW, which makes sense. Carbine Studios (the devs) was founded by former Blizz developers.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Different people have different tastes.

And it could be that some people dont care that much about the aesthetics as you.
    Personally I love the aesthetics and art style... Though I do admit I'm not a fan of the bunny girls but I can live with that.

Most people seem to like the combat, myself included.

Well, it's not uncommon for a upcoming MMORPG to be super hyped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Have you watched any of the DevSpeak videos that go over how the game mechanics and other features of the game work? If you don't like the stylized graphics, you could at least try to look past them and have a look at the actual game.

Also did you mean Borderlands copypaste? Because I'm not quite sure what you mean by borderline. Unless you mean it's borderline similar to WoW, which makes sense. Carbine Studios (the devs) was founded by former Blizz developers.
    Oops I meant Borderlands indeed!
    And I've watched the combat mechanics, but I cannot say it's enough for me to actually start playing the game itself.

OP I very much doubt " everyone is talking about wild star in every game " ...for example I just asked in trade chat in wow if anyone is excited about wildstar and not a single person replied ,....well other then the 2 people who said " whats wildstar " Not even Massively gives it that much hype . The game will be a fun distraction for a few weeks just like GW2 and SWTOR and then will die down the the hardly populated F2P games .

It's like sleeping with your ex girlfriend. So new yet so familiar.

Wildstar? that game with playboy bunny ears,think not.

Deleted
    Well given that the game is so fluid in combat motion , allowing for interactive controls like rolls and double jumps to avoid crap , where even tanks have to do that not just dpsers (some people myself included have gotten a bit bored of our raid tank standing in all the crap while we go from "red' to "green") , new concepts like ranged tanking (engineer class) , the fact that the lines between roles are too subtle (an esper can heal as well as a medic , a stalker can tank as good as a warrior) give you a feeling of balance and thats even pre-final tuning. This game has taken lots of good stuff from older games and implemented new ones that are both awesome and well-put in place. You mind the cartoony theme? i remember wow seemingly cartoonish to me when is started it . You mind the Aurin? (bunny people) dont play them , dont forget that bunnypeople sell good in asia and its a company building a product here so....... (although i think you generally wont see much of those in the western world).

Lots of good things about the game all in all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziffonakos View Post
    new concepts like ranged tanking (engineer class)
    I thought SWTOR also had ranged tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Wildstar? that game with playboy bunny ears,think not.
    Since when are playboy bunny ears a bad thing?

Thematically it's very endearing.

However, I don't know how anyone can play (or watch) the PvP, with its RIDICULOUS overbearing aoe indicators, and think this is going to be a fun game.

It's people projecting their personal desires and dreams onto the next MMO.

As usual, it' not going to end well. We've seen this before.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Because it's the new 'Not WoW MMO'.

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

The combat system is nice. I reserve my judgement on everything else because currently I have to play on an old computer and everything set to low doesn't do justice to the game.
    OP I very much doubt " everyone is talking about wild star in every game " ...for example I just asked in trade chat in wow if anyone is excited about wildstar and not a single person replied ,....well other then the 2 people who said " whats wildstar " Not even Massively gives it that much hype . The game will be a fun distraction for a few weeks just like GW2 and SWTOR and then will die down the the hardly populated F2P games .
    Maybe all the people who would've answered yes are in the Wildstar weekend beta?

40% of the wildstar devs worked on the original wow. Which by many is why the game will be awesome. Only one problem. Gameplay wise. Original wow kinda sucked
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2014-03-02 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    yeah wildstars still pretty niche right now.

most people i talk to dont even know what it is.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    I loved the idea of it at first but as i found out more and more about the game i just lost interest. I may still give it a try but i'm currently not looking forward to it at all.

Deleted
    When a new MMO is coming out and is overhyped, I'm the first one to laugh at everyone's anticipations. I'm also the one ridiculing those saying it's a WoW killer (same goes for those saying Wildstar will kill WoW) but I really think Wildstar is going to be something extra.

I've tried most popular MMOs that have come out the past 6-8 years, excluding SWtOR, most of them closed beta too. I've never had any anticipation of it being a really good game, until I came across Wildstar. I really think it'll be a great game. I don't think it'll get as many players as it deserves mostly because it's very cartoony and tough 17 year old vanilla WoW veterans (lol) will think it's too much of a kids game.

But then again, I was wrong about Ragnarok 2. That game was a massive pile of crap. Dunno if they've fixed the clunky combat system and server lags yet, but until they do, it'll be crap to play.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The DevSpeak videos are terrible, i hate when people trying really hard to be funny, the game looks kinda meh, need to try it myself.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*