Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sileh View Post
    Do you have any examples of online games that aren't latency based? Aside from turn based games of course.
    WoW is still pretty easy to play with high latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mean the Horror as in the combat looked bad, just that it was Latency based.

Living in Australia means I am pretty much at a constant disadvantage in any game with Latency based combat.
    I think it is a wait and see, I play in Japan and I really didn't find it too bad and that was during a stress test. I think PvE will be fine. Large scale PvP will be the test for this I think, and I didn't partake in any during my short play time. Whenever you hear these guys talk about anything they seem to have thought a lot about this stuff and their systems as a whole work surprisingly well. I was worried about the combat too before I played it, and my biggest concern now is more one of hand stress than latency(I really hope controller support makes it in). Whether or not they can keep stuff flowing in 40 man raids and warplots should be interesting though, however depending on which features you are interested in it may not be an issue either way.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any examples of online games that aren't latency based? Aside from turn based games of course.
    Pretty much any Hotkey MMO's I can play very easily on higher Latency. I.E WoW, Swtor, RIFT.

Any MMO's where moves are pretty much exclusively telegraphed and require a high amount of dodging/blocking/moving mechanics is like living in hell.

I.E: GW2/TERA/Neverwinter/C9/Vindictus/Dragons Nest etc.

I'm not hyped for it personally, but from what I have seen I very much understand the people that are hyped for it. Their community management and communication is pretty amazing.. things like player housing are very very thoughtful.. stuff that sounds simple but is actually very rare to come across in games other than WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I think it is a wait and see, I play in Japan and I really didn't find it too bad and that was during a stress test. I think PvE will be fine. Large scale PvP will be the test for this I think, and I didn't partake in any during my short play time. Whenever you hear these guys talk about anything they seem to have thought a lot about this stuff and their systems as a whole work surprisingly well. I was worried about the combat too before I played it, and my biggest concern now is more one of hand stress than latency(I really hope controller support makes it in). Whether or not they can keep stuff flowing in 40 man raids and warplots should be interesting though, however depending on which features you are interested in it may not be an issue either way.
    Japans Online infrastructure is leaps and bounds ahead of Australias. We are living in a fucking Technological Iceage at the moment since our current government thinks High Speed Internet Infrastructure isn't needed/important to day to day life and has greatly reduced the work we were doing to upgrade it across the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuji V2 View Post
    Best, no. Biggest, yes.
    Best, yes. Biggest, yes.

I've played the stresstest beta with some mates and we all came to the same conclusion; The game feels very claustrophobic at first, after that the zones are a huge mess and very confusing layout-wise. We all got bored with it within a few hours of playing and we all decided this is not a game we will play.
    Take note that this is a group of people who are generally very excited about new mmo's and we play most of them for at least some days/weeks.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2014-03-03 at 12:15 PM.

Pretty much any Hotkey MMO's I can play very easily on higher Latency. I.E WoW, Swtor, RIFT.

Any MMO's where moves are pretty much exclusively telegraphed and require a high amount of dodging/blocking/moving mechanics is like living in hell.

I.E: GW2/TERA/Neverwinter/C9/Vindictus/Dragons Nest etc.
    I see, games that don't require the user to actually aim, makes sense.

Though from what I remember, if I suddenly got +200-300 ms in wow it turned into a nightmare (pre-queue times on Al'Akir/Ravencrest)

Japans Online infrastructure is leaps and bounds ahead of Australias. We are living in a fucking Technological Iceage at the moment since our current government thinks High Speed Internet Infrastructure isn't needed/important to day to day life and has greatly reduced the work we were doing to upgrade it across the board.
    Well there are lots of different issues. I have great throughput. However latency is another story. Much of the latency problems we face in Australia and Japan is because of the distance information has to travel plain and simple. Australia does have it worse because of the route your data has to travel is limited, but from what I hear from friends who play in Australia our latency rates are similar. Now where exactly you live in Australia is also going to be a huge factor. Japan has really good infrastructure across the entire country and you can get stable fast internet anywhere, but you can't avoid the latency when you are connecting to a server in the U.S..

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Best, yes. Biggest, yes.

I've played the stresstest beta with some mates and we all came to the same conclusion; The game feels very claustrophobic at first, after that the zones are a huge mess and very confusing layout-wise. We all got bored with it within a few hours of playing and we all decided this is not a game we will play.
    Take note that this is a group of people who are generally very excited about new mmo's and we play most of them for at least some days/weeks.
    Mmm, my group had basically the opposite opinion and we also played all new mmo's.

Zones also had very clear layout as when you finish a quest hub it sends you on a quest to the next hub. Looks like your group was quite incompetent

Deleted
    I really like the graphics style, but I can understand if someone doesn't like it, since it is kinda special I guess. The combat system looks fine to me as well, I didn't have a chance to actually play it though and it kinda reminds me of the Ratchet & Clank games, which I really enjoyed!

Deleted
    damn I thought this wa a thread about the beverage wildfire in which case anticipated wouldnt have made much sense. anyway, I never heard of wildstar, so cant give an opinion on that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thotor View Post
    Exactly !
    However the fact remains ESO graphics looks old. That is something that cannot be denied.
    The texture quality is very low (you can modify the ini all you want, that will not improve them).

Dont get this comment at all the art style may not be one you like but the graphics are far from dated.

Haven't checked much into it, but if it's another game that sucks due to the latency I have in Australia, I won't be looking at it.

Mmm, my group had basically the opposite opinion and we also played all new mmo's.

Zones also had very clear layout as when you finish a quest hub it sends you on a quest to the next hub. Looks like your group was quite incompetent
    Its the second or third time I see you insulting someone who didn't enjoy the game. If you do not have anything to add to the thread, refrain from posting.

I agree with you voidmaster I also had a hard time figuring out the objective behind a few quests since I do not tend to read the text. I also had some pretty bad interactions with the scientist bot as the scanning sometimes didn't work or the boddies would vanish too quickly and it would fail to scan them. Overall, I had no idea what I was even doing there and I felt pretty bored since the sci fi setting doesn't appeal to me as much as WoW's fantasy setting. Wildstars magic classes simply don't cut it for me. Oddly enough the more I play the less I enjoy wildstar and the more I enjoy elder scrolls online... I have no idea what is wrong with me xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    I also had a hard time figuring out the objective behind a few quests since I do not tend to read the text.
    lol are you serious.. this isnt just wildstar but if you have this problem in any game then 99% of the time its your fault. Did you also not bother to open your big map or read the quest tracker?

I also had some pretty bad interactions with the scientist bot as the scanning sometimes didn't work or the boddies would vanish too quickly and it would fail to scan them. Overall, I had no idea what I was even doing there and I felt pretty bored since the sci fi setting doesn't appeal to me as much as WoW's fantasy setting. Wildstars magic classes simply don't cut it for me. Oddly enough the more I play the less I enjoy wildstar and the more I enjoy elder scrolls online... I have no idea what is wrong with me xD
    its because you need to target things to scan, not let your bot die, and usually scan during or before fights. its one of the good things about tab targetting in this game.

Its the second or third time I see you insulting someone who didn't enjoy the game. If you do not have anything to add to the thread, refrain from posting.

I agree with you voidmaster I also had a hard time figuring out the objective behind a few quests since I do not tend to read the text. I also had some pretty bad interactions with the scientist bot as the scanning sometimes didn't work or the boddies would vanish too quickly and it would fail to scan them. Overall, I had no idea what I was even doing there and I felt pretty bored since the sci fi setting doesn't appeal to me as much as WoW's fantasy setting. Wildstars magic classes simply don't cut it for me. Oddly enough the more I play the less I enjoy wildstar and the more I enjoy elder scrolls online... I have no idea what is wrong with me xD
    Hahaha, my sides As I said to Voidmaster already, it's a not a problem with the game, it's the player that is incompetent.
    Last edited by Crusch; 2014-03-03 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    They are entire different genre with entire different target group, your comparison makes no sense.
    If you think thats hard, try playing a match in Street Fighter against a pro. You won't even be able to hit him, you dont even have to care about micro or macro, only few buttons!
    He-h, any game against a pro is impossible. Try to play, I don't know, Warcraft 3 against a pro - you won't kill a single unit.

So you are saying that if we distribute BIS gear across the population everyone is going to clear SoO HC in a few weeks. If you perceive the difficulty of bosses from videos then you shouldn't even post garbage like this. Winning the running olympics also seems easy... You just have to run, not complicated at all... Dumb logic.
    I am talking about WoW, not Olypmics. The "dumb logic" is all yours. Besides, I don't remember Olympic runners wearing gear that boosts their stats by 1000+ times. If there was such gear, then, undoubtedly, lazy fatty rising from a coach only to get to the toilet or to refrigerator would be able to beat the champion of the world not wearing anything special.

And yes, if you distribute top gear to everyone in WoW, I guess they will clear "SoO HC" or whatever it is in not just a few weeks, but in a few days. They just need to watch a Youtube video with good explanation of what to do, distribute the roles - and that's it.

But I don't understand your excitement. It is a common knowledge spread by Blizzard itself that they aim to make their games accessible to everyone. Why are you so surprised by claims that there is no challenging content in the game? It is not just my opinion, it is Blizzard's policy that they officially proclaimed multiple times.

Seeing as Wildstar's combat has been dumbed down even further ("noobsigns" showing where you are going to get hit, etc.), I guess the era of challenging games is ending. Now it is not Ultima Online where you can die any second due to being inexperienced in detecting PK. It is not Baldur's Gate where you need to learn all the tricky parts of D&D system, otherwise your character will start terribly sucking soon after the beginning. Now it is WoW and Wildstar, with noobsigns, "boss addons" (or "cheating", as we used to say in 90-s). Now it is Skyrim where all you have to do is spam a few abilities mindlessly, and you will get through the entire game with no trouble.
    Seriously, it seems only RTS games nowadays have any significant challenge - some missions in Starcraft 2 on Brutal may be very-very hard, if you are a new player with clunky mechanics. Challenge in RPG (including MMO RPG) is no more, only grinding mobs and bosses that cannot kill you, unless you try really hard to die. Hell, when have you heard the word "wipe" the last time? Try to make a search in Youtube "wow wipe" - you will find, at best, a few videos of kids trashtalking about some weird stuff not having anything common with WoW, and a few videos of old wipes, back when WoW (as they say) was still challenging, such as Jenkins' fail.

Developers, however, dare to claim that these "semaphores" only add more depth into the game! What the hell? They took out the need to predict anything, you now (at least in PvE) always know what is going to happen in the nearest future. Now all you need to do is just automatically reacting to events by muscular memory - not that it was any different before, but now it is absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Again, the high end of WoWs difficulty is higher than it has ever been. Less and less people are able to complete it despite the end game community getting more and more proficient.

edit: I know it feels good to put down WoW and WoW players but the numbers just don't support what you are saying.
    I am not trying to put down WoW players as I am one myself and I raid heroic (working on Garrosh as we speak).
    The whole point is that this looks to be an MMO where you need to work in order to achieve and so far that is what appeals to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's not hard, have you done it? It's pretty damn easy.

On topic, it's not massively anticipated.
    To answer your question know I haven't done it yet myself but from talking to others and reading up about it on the beta forums I do know that it takes a geared group that has already done it at least 30 minutes to complete a pug group that hasn't done it at all before can take up to 90 minutes to complete it.
    If you compare it to WoW 5 mans at that level it is damn hard but that is my opinion and like they say "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    lol are you serious.. this isnt just wildstar but if you have this problem in any game then 99% of the time its your fault. Did you also not bother to open your big map or read the quest tracker?

its because you need to target things to scan, not let your bot die, and usually scan during or before fights. its one of the good things about tab targetting in this game.
    Unles the quest is poorly worded and you dont know wtf to do i aggre. But if it tells you the location and wtf to do,then you have nothing to complain.

I have seen games with much worse quests.
    Quest text: Bring me a banana-----then you search for 1 banna for 2 hours. When its just a vendor next to you selling it.

Anyway here is some hype:

(wildstar as pixar movie would be awensome btw, or even better as cartoon series)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcaffee View Post
    I am not trying to put down WoW players as I am one myself and I raid heroic (working on Garrosh as we speak).
    The whole point is that this looks to be an MMO where you need to work in order to achieve and so far that is what appeals to me.
    Do you see how your first statement conflict with the second?

You ARE working toward an achievement in WoW... months after it went live. Clearly, it's something that requires a good deal of work.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -