Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Next WoW killer. (*≧艸≦)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that irritates the hell out of me about the game. Is the spell direction things.

Are... old people as "bad guys" a negative? Am I missing something here?

Deleted
    No idea. Looks like WoW with playerhousing, shittier graphics and worse casualized tab combat. Mob attacks u and u get to see EXACTLY where hes attacking? So challenging. Only reason its populair is because WoW dev's are working on it. (remember how good EA was back in the day and what they are now?). So could actually say the only reason for the hype is "Fanboyism". The only thing they did well are the funny commercials and trailers.

This game will be such a cashgrab (sub, B2p and probably a cashshop), and theres gonna be so many tears it will cause the next global flood.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-03-02 at 03:11 PM.

wildstar is massively anticipated?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Are... old people as "bad guys" a negative? Am I missing something here?
    Real bad guys are meant to be young men with muscular body, long white hair and impossibly long swords. Without a sheath, because they love carrying them along the dirt.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

I was initially extremely excited about it. I loved the aesthetic, the sense of humour in all the promotional videos, and the little extras they added to the standard MMO formula. But... after playing the beta briefly and finding out it would be sub based, I've lost all interest. Had it been F2P or B2P I would've given it a shot, but I don't think it's worth the box cost and sub, and I don't want to support that model any longer as it's been proven it's no longer needed to maintain a game or update it frequently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    No idea. Looks like WoW with playerhousing, shittier graphics and worse casualized tab combat. Mob attacks u and u get to see EXACTLY where hes attacking? So challenging. Only reason its populair is because WoW dev's are working on it. (remember how good EA was back in the day and what they are now?). So could actually say the only reason for the hype is "Fanboyism".
    Looks like WoW, with better graphics, different artstyle (we get to wear something other than tatoos) and more dynamic combat. Mob attacks u and the game doesn't dodge/parry/block/avoid the attack automatically for you? Finally some challenge besides kiting other players and spamming jump so that when you get stunned you land 5m away from your attacker. Only reason people talk trash about Wildstar without giving its mechanics proper thought is "Fanboyism".
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-02 at 03:14 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Look, at the end of the day, people anticipate games they want to play. I just found a poll that demonstrated some Tom Clancy's game is more anticipated than Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar combined.

Haven't heard of it until now, couldn't care less about it. Does that mean it's a better game? That it's the next <Game title> Killer? No, it just means that there are people out there who have different tastes in what games they want to play. The point of this thread is kind of asking people to justify why they like Wildstar to those who don't, and there really isn't much point in doing that for the above reasons.

Mob attacks u and u get to see EXACTLY where hes attacking? So challenging.
    As opposed to selecting a target to see its target and knowing the mob will ALWAYS attack that target as long as aggro is maintained?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2014-03-02 at 03:14 PM.

No idea. Looks like WoW with playerhousing, shittier graphics and worse casualized tab combat. Mob attacks u and u get to see EXACTLY where hes attacking? So challenging.
    WoW tells you exactly where the mob is attacking too, btw. If it's an AoE attack, there is always a graphic to indicate where it will land. If it's not, you don't need a graphic because it's just going to hit you regardless. The difference is that, to my knowledge, Wildstar has no attacks that will just hit you regardless, and every attack is a sort of aimed AoE. If it wasn't indicated where it will land, nobody would know where they or the enemies are attacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    it doesn't look anything like Borderlands, not sure what the OP is seeing
    It does have the space Wild West theme.

But that being said, I'm a little worried about Wildstar they've had to do so many overhauls during the beta it suggests they aren't clear on what they want to do, they've had to overhaul the questing system because people hated it, redo the UI, redo adventure loot system, change the talent tree structure etc, and all of this happened during beta, and honestly half that stuff is being redone after the game was scheduled to launch. I can't help but to be skeptical about the long or short term of success of a MMO that has incorrectly estimated the launch date by (currently) 6 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    BLABLABLA CANT HEAR YOU * Finger in ears* LALALALALALAA
    ^
    Fanboy.
    Fixed that for u It looks like a modern day cartoon, which is generally loathed around the world. The big red angles where attacks are gonna land isnt gonna help the immersion either. The streams i've seen cover bland wastelands full of nothing. + u really need to be a scyfy guy to like this. Its b2p, sub + cashshop. A little much for somethin that needs to prove itself in other ways than "WoW devs worked on it". any1 claiming this is the next big thing is either delusional or very subjective.

Don't change people's quote to insult others.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2014-03-03 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post

But that being said, I'm a little worried about Wildstar they've had to do so many overhauls during the beta it suggests they aren't clear on what they want to do, they've had to overhaul the questing system because people hated it, redo the UI, redo adventure loot system, change the talent tree structure etc, and all of this happened during beta, and honestly half that stuff is being redone after the game was scheduled to launch. I can't help but to be skeptical about the long or short term of success of a MMO that has incorrectly estimated the launch date by (currently) 6 months.
    You're worried because they're listening to player feedback?

The "graphiks are shitty" argument is hilarious.

First of all, if you say that then you've never played the game yourself. It looks really good.
    Second of all, if you like WoW's graphics then your argument is void completely

I'm going to ignore your post because it doesn't agree with my point of view on things.
    Fixed that for you...?

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    In every game I hear people talk about Wildstar nonstop. They all seem very, very hyped about it.
    Yet when I myself go check some Wildstar stuff out, I only see crappy aesthetics (not to be confused with bad graphics or anything alike) due to a Borderlands copypaste, some old guy that's supposed to be a bad guy(lol) and bunny girls.
    Bunny. Girls.

I really mean no offense, but what in particular does make people go hyped over this game?
    Maybe I'm completely missing something, but to me personally it just seems... bad. :/
    What hype? I don't see any hype around me.

Like now I alt+tabed to wow and wrote in guild chat "hey anyone waiting for wildstar?". And half were "wtf is wildstar" and other half were "nope".

At work (I'm a software developer, so I'm surrounded by geeks and nerds and every other friday we grab couple of beers and play tabletop RPGs after work hours) we talked extensively about new WoW expansion and even TESO, but it seems I'm the only one who knows what Wildstar is.

Same thing at bars - you meet friendly faces, discussion about games - never heard mentioning Wildstar.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    if it looked like Borderlands and had their sense of humor, I would actually be quite enthused about it. I don't mind it how it is now but I just don't see any similarity to Borderlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    In every game I hear people talk about Wildstar nonstop. They all seem very, very hyped about it.
    Yet when I myself go check some Wildstar stuff out, I only see crappy aesthetics (not to be confused with bad graphics or anything alike) due to a Borderlands copypaste, some old guy that's supposed to be a bad guy(lol) and bunny girls.
    Bunny. Girls.

I really mean no offense, but what in particular does make people go hyped over this game?
    Maybe I'm completely missing something, but to me personally it just seems... bad. :/

By the way you presented your opinion it certainly seems you did in fact mean to offend.
    Last edited by zeekphreak; 2014-03-02 at 03:19 PM. Reason: odd phrasing
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not universal. In my guild in WoW, with my RL friends, and in other games I personally haven't heard anyone anywhere even mention Wildstar. Some talk of TESO, or WoD. Noone really cares about Wildstar. So OP your environment may just be biased towards the hype somehow, and not actually representative.

Personally I took a few looks at Wildstar and couldn't find anything for the life of me that would make me want to even try it. It looks incredibly generic, there's very little in there that actually appeals to me as a veteran MMO player (why should I choose a crappier, cartoonier franchise that delivers the same core gameplay other lore settings have already perfected?).

The hype for these releases usually comes to a large degree from burned out former WoW players that are hoping to find the kind of community, guild, team experience they had at some point in WoW again. When they realize it's just the same in green or purple and that doesn't magically recreate that feeling they had in WoW, the game goes F2P. We've seen it countless times before now. I personally don't get it, the feeling in WoW never left me, although I tried plenty of other MMOs and enjoyed them for a time.