Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's the simplest BG, the most balanced - and a few good players doing objectives and peeling can win the match regardless of whatever else is going on in mid. It's a smaller bg (10v10) which means your individual power over the outcome is higher (1 of 20 participants), rather than AV/IoC where 80 people are doing things for or against you.

When you lose, you know where your team went wrong and what should have happened instead. It's more about how easy it is to take the losses in WSG, rather than something like AV/IoC where losing makes you feel powerless. Negative feelings stick with us far more than the positive feeling of victory.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Alterac valley has always been my favorite BG, even back when horde won it all the time (I'm alliance). I didn't play it at the very beginning, but I do remember the troll at Snowfall gy.

WSG is the most straight-forward bg. If someone shows up for the first time, it doesn't take two lines to explain what the goal of the BG is, and what they should generally do. There's very little "what's going on" frustration. Sure, there's "why has everyone given up" frustration, but that can be in any BG.

I really hate how they changed the graveyards..make it easier to gib people as they spawn doesn't seem like a smart idea to me...
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Because Warsong is simple and fun

Twin Peaks is equally good, if not even better because of the multiple GYs and overall looking better.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I really hate how they changed the graveyards..make it easier to gib people as they spawn doesn't seem like a smart idea to me...
    Cause having endless streams of healers coming from GY to heal EFC was so much fun, right?

Anyway, WSG is fine, but I prefer TP simply because you can use every object to get out of LoS - while in WSG, you get kited by a hunter who shoots you through those giant stumps.

Though BGs such as Silvershard Mines or Temple of Kotmogu are much much more fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Cause having endless streams of healers coming from GY to heal EFC was so much fun, right?

Anyway, WSG is fine, but I prefer TP simply because you can use every object to get out of LoS - while in WSG, you get kited by a hunter who shoots you through those giant stumps.

Though BGs such as Silvershard Mines or Temple of Kotmogu are much much more fun imo.
    More fun then not being able to leave your GW when you have noob team, that's for sure.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    TBH I'm more happy when silvershard or kotmogu pops up.
    Silvershard Mines.

*shivers*

TODAY I'M GOING TO GET MY LEGENDARY CLOAK ON AN ALT!

WIN THIS BATTLEGROUND YOU SAY? NO PROBLEMO!

*547 Silvershard losses and several wasted days later*

TODAY I'M GOING TO THROW MY COMPUTER OUT OF A WINDOW!

On Topic: I like WSG the most because it's sweet and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    It's the simplest BG, the most balanced - and a few good players doing objectives and peeling can win the match regardless of whatever else is going on in mid. It's a smaller bg (10v10) which means your individual power over the outcome is higher (1 of 20 participants), rather than AV/IoC where 80 people are doing things for or against you.

When you lose, you know where your team went wrong and what should have happened instead. It's more about how easy it is to take the losses in WSG, rather than something like AV/IoC where losing makes you feel powerless. Negative feelings stick with us far more than the positive feeling of victory.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

I did prefer the old graveyard placement, but then I am usually a healer in BGs.

But there is one bad thing about WSG: The reputation. Takes. Forever. I'm well past the Master of WSG meta, and I still have a long, long way to go to exalted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I haven't meet a single Alliance player who enjoys Silver Shard Mines. It is the closest thing you can get to a guaranteed loss when random queuing as Alliance.
    Legendary cape quest says 'hi'

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    Legendary cape quest says 'hi'
    Despite (almost) always winning as Horde, it seems to be impossible to convince my teams to go for the perfect win achievement (the Alliance have the inside track on the lefthand cart and seem usually to swarm it).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not exactly sure it is the most popular...most of the people I talk to tend to prefer AV. Why? Because you don't have to do much in AV...most casual players seem to like it because they can get lost in the chaos and actually get some kills instead of simply getting mercilessly beat down on sight like in smaller BGs.

WSG has always been my favorite, however, because I feel like I can have a really big impact on the game. When I used to twink I would sometimes single-handedly carry my team, and even at max level a skilled and well-geared player can be a huge factor.

15+ Year Old Account
    WSG is good. Rules are easy to understand (unlike for example Isle of Conquest) and there's plenty of action if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    More fun then not being able to leave your GW when you have noob team, that's for sure.
    I take it you've never played against german alliance then? Their teams usually consist of 3-5 healers on 10man maps.

Anyway, I was more talking about rated games, where old design like WSG or even AB have is really pita.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its real simple to break down:WSG is really fun and you have all kinds of memories and stories to tell your friends and is without doubt one of your favorite bg's to this day...if you are Horde.
    However It's the complete opposite if you are alliance and you try everything you can to forget about that place and insist that the newer bg's are sooooo much better!!!...LOL (By this information you can decipher who is Horde and who is Alliance.)

Lok'tar bitches.
    Here come the Irish.

I like WSG and TP about the same, since they're basically the same thing. But I've just always liked CTF in any game, and the simplicity of the format compared to the others just tends to lead to more action. Of course, my love for the CTF BGs is ruined by the stupid tie rule that I'll never be at peace with. You shouldn't ever win or lose a tie, until it's broken. If it wasn't for that, they'd be my two favorite BGs by a landslide.

If you are playing it for fun, WSG can be entertaining. However if you are playing it for rep for Justicar / Conqueror you will want to tear your eyes out.

I luckily have played since Vanilla and was around when you could trade in tokens for rep which got me most of the way to exalted, but took a break from PVP for a few years so it just sat there. I finished it off near the end of Cata and now it is a title I barely change.

Now I am helping a guildy get her Justicar title. She needs something like 55 wins still (or 165 or so caps) . It is a long grind and easily one of the worst titles to get nowadays, either PVP or PVE related.

Mostly symmetric map layout, and CTF being the objective.

That said, I've favored AB more all these years.

Strand was awesome during wrath but went to hell with changes at start of cata (ridiculous op demos). Not so bad now. Mines and temple are super fun. Haven't done gorge enough to form an opinion.

The 40 mans can rot, though, at this point.

What if I told you I had played in 2,283 Warsongs in my WoW career, and had won 1,483 of them? That's how much I love WSG.

I like WSG (and TP) mostly because as a lone player I can make a big impact on the outcome, even with crappy teammates. I queue solo 99% of the time.
    I have 6 characters exalted with WSG and more than 8k (yes eight thousand) WSG played on my 2 accounts.

I preferred the old WSG, with no time cap, no carrier debuff and graveyards positioned so your team had a better chance to get away from farming premades, I can see how that would never work today, but even with the changes it's still the best BG to me by far. Simple objective, no random buffs (like in i.e. AB) so you can always grab regen/zerk when needed, few players and a quite small map. Perfect!

I often queue WSG/TP just for fun, even if I need nothing from it. They are also the most favoured amongst twinks since they give the lowest amount of XP, if any.