Deleted

Crafting the Staff of Herding

I thought I'd upgrade my staff finally to an infernal one, so I went to upgrade it. Normal to nightmarish upgraded just fine, but then it won't let me upgrade from nightmarish to hellish.

As you can see, I have the recipes, the nightmarish staff is in my inventory, but the hellish recipe claims I don't have the nightmarish staff under the required materials. I've got plenty of gold as well, and as you can see, that's not the issue (the gold isn't in red.)

Any idea what's causing this? I tried starting new games and moving the staff to my stash and back, nothing seems to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did EU not get the RoS pre-patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Doesn't make sense now when the old difficulties are removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Doesn't make sense now when the old difficulties are removed.
    Well, I have no use for gold. Nothing in AH worth buying really and can't exactly spend it anywhere else either. Also, it's just a couple million so I thought I'd upgrade it.

Does the normal one work for torment then? Can I go to torment pony level with the normal staff?

Also, doesn't really explain why the recipe won't let me upgrade it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well, I have no use for gold. Nothing in AH worth buying really and can't exactly spend it anywhere else either. Also, it's just a couple million so I thought I'd upgrade it.

Does the normal one work for torment then? Can I go to torment pony level with the normal staff?

Also, doesn't really explain why the recipe won't let me upgrade it.
    1. You'll use gold for crafting.
    2. The normal one works for all difficulties now.
    3. I'm guessing some part of the files involved in that was changed or deleted with the most recent patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    1. You'll use gold for crafting.
    Yeah well, I won't be crafting anything before Reaper, and I doubt I'll need hundreds of millions at level 70 either, plus there'll be plenty more dropping. I made back the few measly millions the upgrading of the staff would've cost in just one night, so this is so not about the money.

The nightmarish staff does open torment ponies so there's no problem I guess, just would've wanted to make an infernal staff. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah well, I won't be crafting anything before Reaper, and I doubt I'll need hundreds of millions at level 70 either, plus there'll be plenty more dropping. I made back the few measly millions the upgrading of the staff would've cost in just one night, so this is so not about the money.

The nightmarish staff does open torment ponies so there's no problem I guess, just would've wanted to make an infernal staff. Oh well.
    You will need billions of gold in RoS to reroll and craft gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You will need billions of gold in RoS to reroll and craft gear.
    Yeah, no. Pointless to enchant gear which won't be min/max, so there won't be that many gear pieces to enchant, and billions to craft? I think you've got a few zeroes too many in your estimate.

Any gold "needed" in RoS is gold that one can get by playing, because Blizzard isn't designing the cost of enchanting and crafting simply with people who have made hundreds of millions of gold in the AH in mind; they won't screw over millions of their customers just to create a goldsink. So, if we need "billions of gold" in RoS, we can also make "billions of gold" by playing.

Deleted
    heh, it seems there are much to be fixed yet, this Staff of Herding issue is one of them. Even with RoS some players will need to start from beginning, no?