Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rareware and Banjo-Kazooie

Well, I guess they are just rare now... but I'm still heartbroken about the fate of the series. Absolutely devastated.

Call it nostalgia, I'll agree with you, but I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I mean, abandoning the series after that thing they called a sequel. Yknow, the car thing.. (Which was a decent game and had beautiful graphics, but not a BK game)

So tonight I was doing some google searches on possibilities for the future of the series, because I still have a child's heart in this adult body.

Found this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6416773/
    A desire to resurrect Banjo has also been expressed by Rare. "We've got ideas for most older Rare IP
    Now, this is pretty cool. I probably wouldn't get an xbox one for this most likely. But then I found this article..

http://www.p4rgaming.com/newly-hired...o-kazooie-are/
    “I was trying to get hired at Microsoft because I love Halo,” wrote Hughes, “They told me there was a position available at Rare and I was like ‘who?’
    “I love the art style of Kinect Sports but when I saw the past work of Rare, I could not believe how ugly they all were,” lamented Clarke, “I couldn’t believe that a company who made something as ugly as Donkey Kong Country could produce something so beautiful like Kinect Sports: Season Two.
    Then I got sad again. Such utter disgust. ugly. THOSE GAMES WERE BEAUTIFUL. ALL OF THEM

And then I found this article.
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...3_for_nintendo

Which in a nutshell explains how Nuts and Bolts was a regret for Rareware veterans, and how he wants to get together with all ex rareware employees to develop a sequel for Banjo Kazooie for Nintendo.

Then I got sad again. Rare owns BandK. Rareware can't do that, even if Nintendo payed them to. And it sounds like Microsoft wouldn't sell the IP if they have....plans....

inb4: dead ip, dead franchise, grow up, codblackcops, rose tinted glasses

You don't even know what real pain is. Real pain is being a Spyro the Dragon fan. You know things are bad when you're praying every night that they'll stop developing games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You don't even know what real pain is. Real pain is being a Spyro the Dragon fan. You know things are bad when you're praying every night that they'll stop developing games.

But SKYLANDERS

/sarcasm

it's equally as sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aezral View Post
    But SKYLANDERS

/sarcasm

it's equally as sad.
    My brother likes Skylanders. When he got it I said "Oh cool, it's that new Spyro game."

He replied: "Who's Spyro?"

Skylanders is not a Spyro game to me anymore. It just has him there for...I don't even fucking know why...
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

10+ Year Old Account
    Skylanders is a brilliant game honestly. From a business point the miniatures make a killing. It is a fun party game and as a person who played Spyro as a kid it is great being able to share that world with my nephew.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    My brother likes Skylanders. When he got it I said "Oh cool, it's that new Spyro game."

He replied: "Who's Spyro?"

Skylanders is not a Spyro game to me anymore. It just has him there for...I don't even fucking know why...
    You simply missed a chance to educate him on an great older game.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Skylanders is a brilliant game honestly.
    Agreed. But it is no longer a Spyro game

It's such a tragic end for such a great pair of games and the top-notch company that gave them life. Rare is long dead, all the old Rareware talent jumped ship ages ago, and all that's left is a rotting husk. A rotting husk that still holds the license to the series in it's haggard bony claws. I'd rather just let the series die than see it on XBox One though. Kinda makes me glad they've seemingly forgotten about Jet Force Gemini. They'd just turn it into a soulless linear grimdark Halo clone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I have to deal with the pain of Banjo and Spyro, dark times my friend and they don't seem to be getting any lighter. The issue is who holds the license to the game, I'm baffled as to why they don't try to sell big ones they aren't going to bother with anymore. They could make a potential killing on a few (referring to Rareware).
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokka View Post
    I have to deal with the pain of Banjo and Spyro, dark times my friend and they don't seem to be getting any lighter.
    Things get worse before they get better. All that stands in the way.... is <Insert negative theme here> /Shaohao
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Timesplitters. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved BK so much on N64. Such fond memories of playing it.

Breaks my heart how far Rare has fallen.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I brought the xbox live version a couple of months ago of the first BK to relive some good memories. To my surprise my children (8 and under) loved it. They even more loved watching me play it! They are like "Look a puzzle piece get it! get it! There's music notes up there, get those feathers." They think it's great and are asking me all the time to play it!
    Pretty clear that it has a good chance to succeed on the new platforms.

BK3...Yes please.

Here OP, this might give you some insight as to why it turned to shit and why it will never be good again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99aZjMPhAIM

Deleted
    I remember them where they were Ultimate Play the Game.

<3 Sabreman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler423 View Post
    Timesplitters. That is all.
    Let that old franchise stay dead, they'd just fuck it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Let that old franchise stay dead, they'd just fuck it up
    Silly notion. Sometimes risks have to be taken much as I hate saying that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the video game forum.

That guy shouldn't be working in the gaming industry. Donkey Kong Country, yes, the original, was gorgeous and stands as such even today.

Talking bout spyro and shit, what about Croc? or Gex? What about Parappa the rappa?!?!?!
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Microsoft had any brains they'd offer to sell Banjo Kazooie and Conker to Nintendo so that Retro Studios can make them, since the majority of the staff left Rare after the sale and formed Retro. I mean, it's the only way the series is going to properly get revived and Conker needs a true sequel. I wonder if Nintendo and Microsoft could do a licensing partnership for some of those old Rareware franchises even, have Retro Studios and Rare working on games for both the Wii U and Xbox One consecutively.

Wait original donkey kong country ugly.......... the guy is aware of how games looked in 1994?