Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post

I think you'll change your mind if you read the post I just linked.
    Completely forgot about that change in WOD that makes clipping extending the duration of the HOT instead of a brand new override.. you're right.

BTW for those who didn't see it, the mistweaver in the 5 man video from Fatboss video puts in chat at some points that he really likes the new TFT.. hmm, and we see the amount it ticks for at that level. it's probably old news, still catching up on alpha news.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/wowmonk/c/4421608

some MW/FW content of the first wod instance

uplift heals for almost nothing (less than 2k on 60k lifepool :!!)
    soothing mist channeling seems pretty strong ( heal for 1 surging mist on 2 ticks )
    chi explosion seems to be your bread and butter, 2 chi mono heal, 3/4 chi aoe stacked heal, not bad at all

Its nice to see game play footage, but holy moly some people cannot play without addons.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Any of you get alpha? Tell me how mistweavers feel.
    I believe I saw a tweet from Affinity that he's streaming it.. http://www.twitch.tv/affinitiibl

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Its nice to see game play footage, but holy moly some people cannot play without addons.
    Or configure the stock UI properly for healers.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2014-06-08 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I believe I saw a tweet from Affinity that he's streaming it..

- - - Updated - - -

Or configure the stock UI properly for healers.
    I use the default UI, its fine. This bloke seem to have forgotten his keybinds. He could of prevented a wipe with life cocoon but instead he decided to click on the tanks frame and hard cast a surging mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I use the default UI, its fine. This bloke seem to have forgotten his keybinds. He could of prevented a wipe with life cocoon but instead he decided to click on the tanks frame and hard cast a surging mist.
    It's fine except it lacks a bit of customization on what to show or not for debuffs, but I believe that streamer said he was a windwalker, so he was just testing healing.

I'm pretty sure I quickly saw new options for the stock UI in that stream though. Might be that I didn't test it in a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    It's fine except it lacks a bit of customization on what to show or not for debuffs, but I believe that streamer said he was a windwalker, so he was just testing healing.

I'm pretty sure I quickly saw new options for the stock UI in that stream though. Might be that I didn't test it in a long while.
    Yeah, i could see him being a windwalker, I just wish he actually use chi explosion on someone other then a mob. would be nice to see how much the hot ticks for in 500 gear.

Is it just me or the new Uplift numbers are really lackluster? It still eats 2 chi (which now is more scare) and as mentioned before heals around 2k on 60k hp pools. Oh and also now has a cast time. Well it might be just me being "too casual" but it seems that there is just soo many limitations with Uplift (heals relatively less, costs relatively more, has a cast time and is still random - tied to RM).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Thunder Focus Tea can now be combined with a bit of milk and a few drops of vanilla extract to produce a lovely hot beverage for all seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Is it just me or the new Uplift numbers are really lackluster? It still eats 2 chi (which now is more scare) and as mentioned before heals around 2k on 60k hp pools. Oh and also now has a cast time. Well it might be just me being "too casual" but it seems that there is just soo many limitations with Uplift (heals relatively less, costs relatively more, has a cast time and is still random - tied to RM).
    Health pools doubled, and healing is supposed to be increased by 50% but has not yet. I don't believe that mob damage has been scaled appropriately yet either. They're more concerned with making sure the systems themselves work before doing the sweeping changes that affect numbers on the whole, because it might not actually end up being 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/wowmonk/c/4421608

some MW/FW content of the first wod instance

uplift heals for almost nothing (less than 2k on 60k lifepool :!!)
    soothing mist channeling seems pretty strong ( heal for 1 surging mist on 2 ticks )
    chi explosion seems to be your bread and butter, 2 chi mono heal, 3/4 chi aoe stacked heal, not bad at all
    He said that FW wasnt strong enough for healing a boss fight in that dungeon. I do think it was but he should have needed to use Xuen and i didnt see he used Chi explosion.

I do think FW will be viabel for dungeons atleast
    Last edited by Tatuin; 2014-06-08 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pucek View Post
    Uplift heals for what about 45k per target on live now with typical health pools around 700k? That is 6.4% of a typical health pool. If it heals for 2000 out of a 60,000 health pool on Alpha, that is 3.3% of the health pool. All healing is supposed to do roughly half of the health percentage that it does on live, so if anything 2000 sounds high, especially when we are comparing numbers in final tier gear to numbers in levelling gear (I think the pre-mades are at 500 ilvl)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    All healing is supposed to do roughly half of the health percentage that it does on live, so if anything 2000 sounds high, especially when we are comparing numbers in final tier gear to numbers in levelling gear (I think the pre-mades are at 500 ilvl)?
    Right now yes, because health pools were doubled. The plan was to increase healing by 50%, so essentially heals would do 66% of total health pool that they did before, not half.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Right now yes, because health pools were doubled. The plan was to increase healing by 50%, so essentially heals would do 66% of total health pool that they did before, not half.
    H/M=x
    1.5H/2M=0.75*x

?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    H/M=x
    1.5H/2M=0.75*x

?
    Leave me alone, be glad I can even have a coherent conversation after 1500 posts of sheer madness D:

Leave me alone, be glad I can even have a coherent conversation after 1500 posts of sheer madness D:
    Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
    I kinda forgot now, what was the reasoning behind the dual increase, of health pools and healing? Why the need for both and not only one?

Mazor.
    I think so they can drop base resilience and battle fatigue to 0%, so PvP reasons only. (Player damage has NOT increased across the board.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
    I kinda forgot now, what was the reasoning behind the dual increase, of health pools and healing? Why the need for both and not only one?

Mazor.
    Increased health pools creates greater time to kill, part of the design for both PvP. Mob damage is increased 100% also, so time to kill in PvE remains the same.

Healing only being increased by 50% is actually a nerf to healing by 25% in terms of overall effectiveness in PvE because the zipping around from 1% to 100% is far too fast and is directly responsible for Thok existing.

It's a buff to overall healing in PvP (as well as the removal of Battle Fatigue) which is needed for the new PvP design: mana is finite. The idea is that while a healer is healing someone in PvP they should be nearly invincible so long as the maximum amount of HPS is being pumped into them. The catch is that this will only last 10-15 seconds before the healer is OOM and without stupid mechanics like Innervate to quickly bring them back up. Basically the entire PvP game is being redesigned from "CC healer and blow someone up before CC ends" to "burn through healer's mana until it is gone" which is kind of the same as BC PvP (when a lot of people agree was the best healing model for PvP).

Basically the entire PvP game is being redesigned from "CC healer and blow someone up before CC ends" to "burn through healer's mana until it is gone" which is kind of the same as BC PvP (when a lot of people agree was the best healing model for PvP).
    Being CC'ed for 30 seconds at a time time with a 3 second break isn't fun in my mind, and I'm not sure who's mind its fun in but doing arenas right now is entirely miserable unless your team is the RMD team and the other is like mine (MW, Ret, Arms) and you just giggle while the healer spends the entire match yelling at their team to eat traps better or play smart. I'm soooo excited to finish my 100 wins so I don't have to bother with this for the rest of the season ~_~ (sorry for the tangent).
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

my MW impressions:

SERPENT
    - 1.5 sec global feels normal
    - 1.5 sec cast on uplift feels normal, spell is a bit weak numbers wise but i think that's intentional. uplift heals more or less the same as Surging so i think thats fine. what i dislike though is part of the potency of uplift is gone due to the cast time being added. hard to say with just 1 dungeon but here we are.
    - you can now move during chi torpedo/roll so you can do some 360 no scope with chi torpedo (basically means when you CT through raid you dont have to go forwards, backwards, forwards, you can just go in circles). also doing it this way seems to make each CT heal twice (once on departure and arrival, probably a bug)
    - CJL as a mana return mechanic: it's terrible, has no place in serpent stance. hits for 150 each tick so pointless to use (10% of what it does in crane stance)
    - Soothing: with 500 ilvl soothing heals for 1750~ per tick + statue heal. it's hard to say how strong this skill is so compare it to a paladin's HL with the double beacon skill (so HL heals for 2* + mastery);

2 ticks of Soothing = HL mana cost (as well as cast time)
    Soothing: (2 * 1750)*2 (for statue) = 7000
    HL: (2799 * 2)+mastery (argue 25%) = 6997

while the math is a bit ... ehh Soothing is basically equal to HL with the double beacon talent + mastery (their strongest stat). aladya didnt have the passive perk for HL so i didnt include it for either soothing or HL. with all perks i would say pallies edge out due to how HL, beacon, and enhanced holy shock all interact but in general the numbers seem well tuned. i chose to compare with pallies because they're the strongest tank healer atm.

- renewing mists heals for VERY LITTLE but it's the intention. same as SCK. both heal for very little.

CRANE
    - dps is good (about 70% of what i could do as WW, but aoe as MW was much higher)
    - pretty engaging and fun to play
    - healing compared to dmg is very high (70% of dps so you're doing around 49% of your normal healing power which i still think is too high)
    - tried jab tp jab jab rsk jab jab bok: this doesn't make you OOM, stay at 90-95% mana always
    - tried CJL > tp CJL > rsk > CJL > bok: more dmg, but drains your mana and is bad
    - atm it's so powerful it probably wont go live as is

LVL 100 TALENTS
    - breath: really strong imo, insane as raid cd with no DRs and scales with haste (so i got 11 heals in 10 sec instead of 10 etc)
    - chi explosion: in the 5 man it was underwhelming, didnt like it. felt like there was never a good time to use it: worse than uplift, worse than EM
    - path of mists: trash lol

so what do i think of MWs... well i think we're pretty well rounded but we're in a position where we compete directly with resto druids, resto shamans, and holy priests. at the moment resto druids are completely absurd: wild mushroom is pretty ridiculous and while i agree wholeheartedly with the cast time additions i think resto druids were relatively untouched. i think holy priests + resto shamans are on the same power level as MW but you can never be sure with resto shamans: HR + AV is a tool that no other healer possesses.

as for tank healing MWs look pretty strong, Soothing, Surging and EM are all really super efficient and the way the new statue works means you can provide some brief aoe heals through renewing mists, expel and the statue's heal. however we still lack CDs, so i think if you were going tank healing you would most likely take breath and position the statue in such a way that you can heal the tank + melee during it's duration. paladins are really super strong at tank healing though.

currently no healers go OOM unless you're trying to go OOM (even then it's hard) so healing is most likely 'easier' and 'more powerful' than it otherwise would be i think.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-06-09 at 12:21 PM.

Basically the entire PvP game is being redesigned from "CC healer and blow someone up before CC ends" to "burn through healer's mana until it is gone" which is kind of the same as BC PvP (when a lot of people agree was the best healing model for PvP).
    I agree with a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    my MW impressions:

SERPENT
    - you can now move during chi torpedo/roll so you can do some 360 no scope with chi torpedo (basically means when you CT through raid you dont have to go forwards, backwards, forwards, you can just go in circles). also doing it this way seems to make each CT heal twice (once on departure and arrival, probably a bug)

This is a bug 100%. You can move around in a FSK to, super fun for now.

How does chi gen feel in serpent stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    currently no healers go OOM unless you're trying to go OOM (even then it's hard) so healing is most likely 'easier' and 'more powerful' than it otherwise would be i think.
    Well, their goal is to make regen high from the start instead of being ridiculous at first and way too high at the end of the xpac, so it's good news to hear.

Thanks for your report, it gave me hope... it does seem like fistweaving is not balanced right though.