Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In WoD, they're updating the PvP toggle. If you choose to deflag, you can choose to make it so nothing you do will let you damage another player and get flagged by, say, a flagged player running into your AoE or covering an NPC. Basically, an 'I mean it, I really am not interested in world PvP' button.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Ignorance is not an excuse. If they choose a pvp server for raiding they choose to deal with the pvp that comes with the server.
    Meh, I don't see it as a reason to be complacent. If you see something that can be done better, why shut up about it? WPVP currently sucks. I know if I go back to my old PVP servers it will suck. Because I know that, it doesn't mean I can't still say "it sucks". It still sucks. Because I have a voice I will use it to say "it sucks". I doubt it will ever get fixed, but that won't stop me from trying.

I haven't read through the entire thread, so maybe this has been said.

To all of the "roll a different server" comments...I just wonder how long you've been playing. I'm sure some will say, "OMG...I've been playing since 92!!! GG NUB." If you've been playing on X server and have a bunch of toons, it's not as simple as just creating a new toon. You can't mail money to another server...all professions on your other toons will no longer benefit you...etc..

For the comment that he/she rolled the wrong server, PVP has changed dramatically over the years. You used to be able to run from a bad engagement (unless they had druid flight or were a pally *15% speed buff). Now, with all of the gap closers and cc...if you run into a group of decent players, it's cc chain to death.

Although I have disagreements with the solutions provided, I still disagree with the OP. TI can't really be covered by 1 group... I mean they can roam, but there's enough players that you wouldn't see them for a while if you were on one side and them another. Now, if there are multiple groups all over TI....time to BG, riad, or farm because you're not going to get anything done.

Problem with rolling on a PVP server nowadays is CRZs. People rolled toons on certain PVP servers knowing that the calibre of players is higher in many cases, or the faction balance is one way or another. Now every server "enjoys" the same 12-year-old kids that infest the crap servers (and this thread) and every zone is a 3:1 Horde to Alliance ratio. Makes it feel like high school again trying to level in Hellfire Peninsula.

Two-shotting a player who is 30 levels below you and has 10% of the health you do is not world PVP. If you ant examples of real world PVP go look up the Sorrow Hill videos from vanilla, all level 58-60 fights and everyone has crap gear. THAT'S world PVP, and it's dead as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    To those that defend the no flying stance...they are expanding the TI model all over the Draenor continent
    ...Okay? And? I don't see the connection at all.
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2014-03-04 at 04:20 PM.
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Don't forget fixing the ability to get Conquest gear despite sucking by free arena wins and unbalanced 2s.

Last season I wanted the set on my hunter for mog. With a 414 bow me and a friend queued up, and I ended up getting enough to get gear and a 522 bow, despite having an awful rating. PvP gear is much to easy to get.

Of course it's easy to get, it is just bad in wpvp. Even the 550 gear can't compete with heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Can't believe this turd of a thread made it 12 pages already...

tl;dr: (to sum up this entire thread so far)

1. op is upset because he rolled on a pvp server and thinks he likes world pvp
    2. but in reality what he actually likes is organized pvp with equal matches; such as dueling, bgs and arena.
    3. doesn't understand what world pvp actually is
    4. thinks that it should be like 1v1 arena but in the open world;
    5. maybe like the pet battle system:
    -----> where you can click another player to appear wildly to them, listen to some battle music, and throw pokeballs at each other.
    6. cannot grasp the reality that world pvp is inherently unmatched and:
    7. that other people like it this way, like as in almost every single freaking player on pvp servers except for him.
    8. cannot see, for whatever reason, that pve servers are what he really wants.
    9. had a stroke on TI for the last time, prompting this whinefest.

You're not even trying. You're so far off from what I'm saying.

Honestly I'm making a valid point. It's you that's whining because you don't want to acknowledge it. Btw, this isn't a war, it's a game. Guild Wars seemed to get that message.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-04 at 05:06 PM.

OP, I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread and I've even read through the pages. Why are you getting mad that other people are stating their opinion when thats exactly what you're doing?

You don't like it and that's understandable, but on the other hand, other people do like it. I'm not sure why you seem to think that your opinion is more valid than theirs. You're not going to be changing any minds with that mentality. Try offering alternatives or something.

You also keep stating that you don't want it to change and yet, your posts kind of contradict that. I mean, what is the purpose of the thread then? Is it to vent?

Lastly, the PvP server that you want seems like an impossibility in itself or is already implemented. Maybe I missed something so forgive me if I did. You seem to want a more fair PvP setting. How would you go about that?

These are the different mindsets I've gathered from your posts, not sure if any of them are right, but it's what I see:
    • You seem to want World PvP, but only when you specifically want it. Solution: Flag yourself on a PvE Realm.
    • You seem to want World PvP, but you want them to make it more fair such as less ways to be ganked/corpse camped. How would they implement this? It's a price to pay for the freedom they allow. Adding restrictions to this may very well affect other aspects of World PvP. They already have measure in place for extreme situations.

The reason I have a hard time knowing what you're after is because you keep contradicting your posts. Another example is how in some of your posts, you accept that World PvP isn't fair, but in other posts, you say that they need to be more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaswarrior View Post
    Of course it's easy to get, it is just bad in wpvp. Even the 550 gear can't compete with heroic gear.
    Right.

Because its so easy it makes more sense. If PvP gear was harder to obtain then it would make sense to be better than or on. Par with heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by SlashRandom View Post
    OP, I'm not sure I understand the point of this thread and I've even read through the pages. Why are you getting mad that other people are stating their opinion when thats exactly what you're doing?

You don't like it and that's understandable, but on the other hand, other people do like it. I'm not sure why you seem to think that your opinion is more valid than theirs. You're not going to be changing any minds with that mentality. Try offering alternatives or something.

You also keep stating that you don't want it to change and yet, your posts kind of contradict that. I mean, what is the purpose of the thread then? Is it to vent?

Lastly, the PvP server that you want seems like an impossibility in itself or is already implemented. Maybe I missed something so forgive me if I did. You seem to want a more fair PvP setting. How would you go about that?

These are the different mindsets I've gathered from your posts, not sure if any of them are right, but it's what I see:
    • You seem to want World PvP, but only when you specifically want it. Solution: Flag yourself on a PvE Realm.
    • You seem to want World PvP, but you want them to make it more fair such as less ways to be ganked/corpse camped. How would they implement this? It's a price to pay for the freedom they allow. Adding restrictions to this may very well affect other aspects of World PvP. They already have measure in place for extreme situations.

The reason I have a hard time knowing what you're after is because you keep contradicting your posts. Another example is how in some of your posts, you accept that World PvP isn't fair, but in other posts, you say that they need to be more fair.

Where did I say it needs to be more fair. What I've been saying is that since it is never fair, it shouldn't be promoted. Your opinion is that you enjoy unfair gameplay, I believe you, but excuse me if some of us don't see that as a valid game design. Again, Guild Wars gets this.

Get it through your head that it is not about each individual battle like I can't invis away or something. World PvP will happen, but it shouldn't be encouraged in ways it has been(especially with the censer thing) and in ways people want it to be.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Where did I say it needs to be more fair. What I've been saying is that since it is never fair, it shouldn't be promoted. Your opinion is that you enjoy unfair gameplay, I believe you, but excuse me if some of us don't see that as a valid game design. Again, Guild Wars gets this.

Get it through your head that it is not about each individual battle like I can't invis away or something. World PvP will happen, but it shouldn't be encouraged in ways it has been(especially with the censer thing) and in ways people want it to be.

Get it through you head. Battleground were made for fair and balanced pvp. wpvp was never and never will be balanced and fair.

GW world vs world pvp is instanced is it not? Just like wow's BG are instanced....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

It should be promoted because its more fun, and let players use different terrains and tricks, and let players do more than focus on capturing a flag. Pvprs frequently talk about how scripted PvE is, but BGs are just as repetitive.

Get it through you head. Battleground were made for fair and balanced pvp. wpvp was never and never will be balanced and fair.

GW world vs world pvp is instanced is it not? Just like wow's BG are instanced....
    Timeless Isle is an example of an area that promotes WPvP, is it not? Look at what it's like, it's a cesspool of gank squads. It's not PvP( yes I get it, they're attacking other players), it's just squads of people running around 1shotting. It's not PvP because that 2nd P might as well be an E when there is no resistance.
    So, looking at a place like T.I as an example of a place that has promoted it, it can be concluded by many(not just me, go there and just read general) WPvP should not be promoted in that way because it is not good gameplay.

If you can't see this very simple idea then idk what else to say. Because its not that it's sometimes unbalanced, it always is. Which means it is not fun to any sensible person.

I'm not calling to get rid of WPvP, just the way it is encouraged in a place like T.I. Because TI PvP is not constructive.

Example of non constructive PvP: 3 rogues that have been at Alliance GY for DAYS that gank rezzers and then run off. Literally there is no way to keep them from running between their multiple vanishes and random vanity items that help them.

It's not the actual action that's the problem in this environment, it's the inability to do anything about it for more than 5 minutes.

Don't feed me your solutions for solving these individual battles because that's not the issue. The issue is the integrity and composition of encouraged WPvP itself.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-03-04 at 05:46 PM.

If you don't like that style of play they have something called a pve server where it can't happen.
    That doesn't work for these kinds around here. They still want the recognition for playing on a pvp server and the ability to have a pvp encounter where they feel they have a good chance of coming out ahead.

the hell has GW to do with anything?
    GW pvp was always instanced, just because it's a BG it's still just a BG
    and even then if you find yourself alone you get stomped by the zerg hard

Timeless Isle is an example of an area that promotes WPvP, is it not? Look at what it's like, it's a cesspool of gank squads. It's not PvP( yes I get it, they're attacking other players), it's just squads of people running around 1shotting.
    that's the very definition of world pvp to me
    people ganging others
    blizzard realized there are players who enjoy doing this and provided servers for them, they also provided servers for everyone else who doesn't want to gank or be ganked
    if you fucked that up, well that's your fault
    Last edited by Enosh; 2014-03-04 at 05:44 PM.

came here expecting discussion of the rapper TI, not some bullshit about the timeless isle. next time you make a thread think the title through before just spouting nonsense all over everyone's face.

on topic, huolon is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvE only, and for the most part my TI is full of Horde, which is good for me, but Coin Farming is HUGE right now. I try to get in, get out as soon as I can. I'm usually just on the Isle for gear for Lowbies or Celestials.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    That doesn't work for these kinds around here. They still want the recognition for playing on a pvp server and the ability to have a pvp encounter where they feel they have a good chance of coming out ahead.
    Yeah, ironically the only way to experience more than occasional PvP on one of those huge "PvP" servers is to queue for it. Unless of course you're on the 1% faction.

Where did I say it needs to be more fair.
    Right here actually:

I'm not looking for a solution to world PvP, I'm looking for a higher quality world PvP. Because what we have now isn't acceptable.
    You have been saying that there is a problem since your first post, hence why you think it shouldn't be encouraged.

What I've been saying is that since it is never fair, it shouldn't be promoted.
    We KNOW that you've been saying that it shouldn't be promoted, but thats not the part people are arguing, you're just hiding behind that now.

When someone says that "A" shouldn't be promoted because of reason "B", then it's only natural that people are going to question the reason.

Your opinion is that you enjoy unfair gameplay, I believe you, but excuse me if some of us don't see that as a valid game design.
    First off, I never said that I enjoy it. I'm neutral overall when it comes to it. And once again, I have no issue with your opinion. Its just annoying to here you say yours then immediately dismiss everyone elses by telling them that they don't know what you're talking about.

Get it through your head that it is not about each individual battle like I can't invis away or something.
    What? Where did I say this?

So to sum this up, when you make 10+ pages saying that something is a problem, naturally people who don't think it is will argue it. You keep trying to sugarcoat this as, "But the real problem is that it shouldn't be promoted. None of you are getting what i am saying", despite people knowing that you said it. You don't seem to understand that they are arguing your reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by SlashRandom; 2014-03-04 at 06:36 PM.

What I've learned from this thread. apparently the technology for pvp targets to scale to the same ilvl against PvP targets does not exist without it affecting character power against PvE targets..except it does in games not WoW.

the ilvl scaling shit that's inside of battlegrounds, can be applied in the open world without it affecting people that just want to outgear the pve content they farm

The sad reality is that people don't want fair fights in the open world, they want to continue outgearing the people they gank until the end of time, and the majority of world PvP only exists because of this. Just like "real life" it's "strategic".

These people will never agree with you OP. they are content