10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a fusion fire core trinket to test this.. does anybody have one they could test with? .. I know its junk because it wont hit your main target.. but if the MS hit is a duplicate attack we can get a basic idea of how the new stat may work
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

If anybody has an agi MS trink they could try it out.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    actually just read the trinkets wording .. it does say cleave .. not multistrike.. there goes that idea out the window

- - - Updated - - -

however.. they may be basing ms off that trinket like they did readiness so who knows
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

got both the agi and int multistrike trinkets from SoO on my ret (yes really, also got the healer stat amp trinket)
    The multistrike damge is literately "multistrike" and not a 30% (or whatever) duplicate, from what I know this will change in WoD.

Hand of Light can't crit for logical reasons, Hand of Light should not be able to MS but MS attacks should trigger HoL.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Hand of Light can't crit for logical reasons, Hand of Light should not be able to MS but MS attacks should trigger HoL.
    That's fair. It'd go a long way to making the stat more desirable. From what I understand, we want it less than crit?
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

got both the agi and int multistrike trinkets from SoO on my ret (yes really, also got the healer stat amp trinket)
    The multistrike damge is literately "multistrike" and not a 30% (or whatever) duplicate, from what I know this will change in WoD.

If a Mutlistrike Final Verdict tigger's Hand of Light I can see it making Final Verdict even stronger as a level 100 talent than it already is. Haste + Mastery + Multistrike with Final Verdict could be insane damage for both PvE and PvP.

Will Multistrike also effect AoE attacks like Divine Storm as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Will Multistrike also effect AoE attacks like Divine Storm as well?
    We really don't know yet, it should because it can proc on all attacks including HoL and Seals. But this depends on if the dmg is considered "multistrike" or a second DS for 30% of the original DS dmg . If it is "multistrike" I can see it only working single target and if it is indeed "multistrike" then it obviously won't proc HoL dmg because it's not considered an attack that HoL applies to. However if it does indeed create an incidental attack at 30% of the original attacks dmg then it should by all rights proc HoL as well because the combat log would see a 2nd use of that skill and then apply HoL dmg accordingly

not 100% sure about aoe, think it replicates damage on enemy damage taken. Meaning you can hit DS on 10 but only 3 gets hit a second time based on the damage they took.
    Balance between crit and MS is going to come down to scaling but more importantly what MS and Crit effects, wouldn't be too surprised if the best option for some classes/specs is to have them roughly equal

10+ Year Old Account
    Just some basic math say your CS hits for 100dmg and you have 50% mastery for a total of:
    CS=100 dmg
    HoL=50 dmg

MS=30% correct? so CS procs MS

CS MS=30 dmg
    HoL procs =15 dmg (50% of 30)

for a total of 195 dmg combined. Obviously HoL will proc off the MS hits dmg and not the original(unless it's bugged of course)

I guess this means that Mastery will loose ~70% of its value on that MS hit due to the nature of MS. Thus there is probably a point where the more MS you have the much stronger mastery gets due to more ms hits
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2014-06-06 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe awhile back (month or two, at least), celestalon said that MS procs in WoD would be actual instances of the ability it procced off of, as opposed to just being a separate "multistrike" hit, which is what the agi trinket (only one if I have experience with) is currently. And if that is the case, and MS produces identical hits to the spell it procced off of, I don't see why an MS CS or TV shouldn't proc HoL and even seals when appropriate. It would make the stat a lot less terrible for us, whereas if MS doesn't proc anything on hit, it'll be worse than crit most likely.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be honest though if MS hits do proc HoL then crit will be garbage in comparison

- - - Updated - - -

If that is indeed the case Fred then all MS hits should proc HoL because they are just a second hit of an ability that Procs HoL and thus HoL should apply.. which is awesome for us due to the double dip... imagine a dmg increase fight like jin rokh the breaker where we already double dipped the dmg buff... QUADRUPLE DIPPING!!

MS can trigger 2 times per proc or something right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Another question.. if our CS does MS .. and it is a duplicate of the spell.. do we get another HP from the MS CS?

- - - Updated - - -

MS can trigger 2 times per proc or something right?
    yeah looks like it https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...15506569953280
    Multistrike is split into two (X/2)% chances, so that you can occasionally get a triple-hit (fun!), and the cap is 200%, not 100%.

No. Do you really have to ask though? If MS allowed getting more HoPo it'd be too powerful.

Also, on the front page they've said they're cleaning up Multistrike to cap at 100%, not 200% like that tweet from last November shows.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...rds-of-Draenor is the post showing that Multistrike cap is 100%.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2014-06-06 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    No. Do you really have to ask though? If MS allowed getting more HoPo it'd be too powerful.
    I know that MS effects won't give or effect crit things like firemages have or combo points like we have, doubt it'll give rage for warriors white MS hits etc as well.
    Celestalon assured me that they're aware of potential broken things like Fire Mages getting 40 instant pyros in a row or Moonkins getting Shooting Stars in the same effect, take a look at how our 4set and DP interacts atm. Sure you can say that it's working as intended but when you in some situations (which aren't even that rare) end up spamming DS/TV for 20+ gcds in a row?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Another question.. if our CS does MS .. and it is a duplicate of the spell.. do we get another HP from the MS CS?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah looks like it https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...15506569953280
    Multistrike is split into two (X/2)% chances, so that you can occasionally get a triple-hit (fun!), and the cap is 200%, not 100%.
    He put up an updated tweet a week or so ago saying they updated the formula or whatever so it does in fact have a 100% cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    He put up an updated tweet a week or so ago saying they updated the formula or whatever so it does in fact have a 100% cap.
    This is in the stats article on the website too where they introduce versatility.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's where I saw it then

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I get cookies if I get into Alpha?(No I didn't get invited....yet).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well, whatever the same reasons for Scourge Strike's shadow portion not being able to independently crit are. Double-dipping, likely. Not sure if I would call it "logical" and it's being changed for DKs in WoD anyway. Maybe it would make us value crit more?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"