Our execute and Holy TV seem.... potent if other classes are getting similar changes tone downs on Weapon strikes. Truth will be alot higher for our % of damage that is sure.

The only stats I'm still not sure on for the class is Crit and Readiness. They seem wholly useless when compared to Haste, Mastery, and Multistrike. But again numbers n things. I hate waiting =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't readiness just reduce CD on certain spells?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by tonicsargeras View Post
    I wouldn't put any thought into these durations and cast times and cooldowns. It's pretty obvious that it's either datamining errors or unfinished tooltips.

Remember that Avenging Wrath is a baseline 3 minute cooldown and there was a hidden passive spell that reduced it to 2minutes for Retribution.
    This is true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Doesn't readiness just reduce CD on certain spells?
    Yes which makes it odd for ret since Haste already fulfills that function to a far more important degree.

Readiness is just awkward and out of place. Not worthy of being a core stat IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    DP lasts 10 seconds now instead of 8 atleast
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

I think readiness can be good if you get enough, then SW makes more sense since enough readiness should get you an extra AW on a medium length fight (6-7 min). But that's talking end xpac tier levels.

Funny thing is they took away haste break points and added a stat that is all about breakpoints, meaning any extra readiness over the amount that gets you another cd usage is wasted.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    i did some looking at other classes dmg cds and they are in the same boat , 10 sec duration for them all recklessness, vendetta etc
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes which makes it odd for ret since Haste already fulfills that function to a far more important degree.

Readiness is just awkward and out of place. Not worthy of being a core stat IMO
    Well unless SoB changes and I hope it doesn't. One could argue it might affect other spells. Readiness overall seems to be like those trinkets in SoO but as a stat. Sadly though it seems Readiness as it is now will only benefit certain classes and specs. So yeah I see your point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Zabannith View Post
    Almost every spell has a 10 second duration. It's probably wrong, either a datamining error or an unfinished tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tonicsargeras View Post
    Almost every spell has a 10 second duration. It's probably wrong, either a datamining error or an unfinished tooltip.
    Agreed 100% here , unless it is in fact intentional, they did say they wanted to reduce classes reliance on cds to do dmg

I think they should give us that baseline 3 sec CS they took away in MoP beta that they were going to give us now.
    Give us 1 sec GCD baseline.

That or just simply tack 15-20% melee haste onto Sanc of Battle. Between that + the raid haste buff not being worthless to our spec now we would be sitting pretty mechanic wise. Art of War should be interesting too. Turn Exorcism into a HoW comparable nuke.

10+ Year Old Account
    To make crit more valuable and also give us more sustained dps, I`d make something like "When a holy power generating ability crits, your next Templar`s Verdict damage will be entirely holy damage. Stacks up to 2 times. ". Also gives more reason to stack/dump HP, adding a little more management to a rotation that looks like it will be pretty bland otherwise. Needless to say, the 100 lvl talent would need to be changed.

I'd rather they not try to be cute with it and just give us the old Vengeance passive back. Stupid Warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I think i read somewhere that weapon damage was getting cut 20%. That didn't make sense for ACTUAL weapon swith the squish. I guess ti was to weapon damage based abilities for all players across the board. Not EXACTLY 20% but in general.
    Yeah, you read that. Base damage from weapons got cut by 20%. Strength and AGI got reduced to 1AP per. But, here's the thing. Weapon damage from AP was increased by four hundred percent. That's why we're seeing these lower coefficients on weapon abilities, while attacks with AP or SP coefficients only got buffed.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2014-04-05 at 11:27 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Art of war needs some major work ,in its current form its garbage and we all know this , personally id like a 2nd proc to watch for as well, something like blindside that lets you use HoW when you crit with cs for example, it would give us a use for crit which we really need,

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Yeah, you read that. Base damage from weapons got cut by 20%. Strength and AGI got reduced to 1AP per. But, here's the thing. Weapon damage from AP was increased by four hundred percent. That's why we're seeing these lower coefficients.
    So why have abilities that are weapon damage based? Guess though if they keep key abilities wpn dmg based then it stops you from not taking a higher ilvl weapon because of stats.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octan View Post
    To make crit more valuable and also give us more sustained dps, I`d make something like "When a holy power generating ability crits, your next Templar`s Verdict damage will be entirely holy damage. Stacks up to 2 times. ". Also gives more reason to stack/dump HP, adding a little more management to a rotation that looks like it will be pretty bland otherwise. Needless to say, the 100 lvl talent would need to be changed.
    FV would need a 100% rework like you said, if we had that proc nobody would take FV

Quote Originally Posted by Octan View Post
    !!!!!!! not a great idea because it makes you think whats the point of FV buuuuuuuuuuuuutttt.

Why not make exo allow the next TV to auto crit. It would actually add something to the rotation outside faceroll. Art of war procs? CRIT TV time. OMG art of war proc again / fap fap fap

It would make exorcism the exciting spell it should be and our finisher would feel potent with it and the LVL 100 talent would just be gravy.......

lets uhhh.... Lets push ideas like this when beta launches....

/excite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    !!!!!!! not a great idea because it makes you think whats the point of FV buuuuuuuuuuuuutttt.

Why not make exo allow the next TV to auto crit. It would actually add something to the rotation outside faceroll. Art of war procs? CRIT TV time. OMG art of war proc again / fap fap fap

It would make exorcism the exciting spell it should be and our finisher would feel potent with it and the LVL 100 talent would just be gravy.......

lets uhhh.... Lets push ideas like this when beta launches....

/excite
    it would also move exo up in the priority greatly just to fish for procs it wouldent be dead last like it is now

Art of war needs some major work ,in its current form its garbage and we all know this , personally id like a 2nd proc to watch for as well, something like blindside that lets you use HoW when you crit with cs for example, it would give us a use for crit which we really need,
    CS crits = HoW useable

Exo hits = auto TV crits

/dream

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine HA talent with what you mentioned anaxie , exo tv exo tv exo tv
    of course they'd need to add something like when HA is active your HP generator have no cd ,deal 30% extra dmg and generate 3 hp
    /wetdream
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2014-04-05 at 11:29 PM.

it would also move exo up in the priority greatly just to fish for procs it wouldent be dead last like it is now
    to be fair it SHOULD be #1 with its CD and it's reset proc. so ya pretty much.