The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like tying HotR to Seal of Righteousness is Blizzard's way of trying to prevent seal from going the route of auras, by forcing us to use them. I would almost prefer it if they just gave us separate Judgements that would apply a 20 second or so buff that would just give you whatever the seal would have (Judge of Truth -> get to stack Censure and 12% damage on hit, etc.) So when you wanted to AoE you could judge Righteousness and go to AoEing, without the spent GCDs of seal swapping. In a way, this is almost closer to how seals worked in Vanilla/BC.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

With range (other than hunter) losing their ability to dps on the move
    They're not really though. KJC is unchanged from Live, Mages and Priests never really had it (except PvP Frost, also basically unchanged), Boomkin will still spam Moon/Sunfire, and thus the only class so affected by this change is Shamans. Just like they "removed pet CC" except didn't because Warlocks and Mages kept all of theirs.

Dark Souls...
    ...is a single player game. Where you don't have to be guilded to accomplish anything, because there are no guilds. No one can tell you your build choices and playstyle are wrong. You won't be denied because no one wants melee or because Method and Paragon think your spec is shit.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2014-04-23 at 06:32 PM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Pretty sure reducing range mobility is one of their goals because the choice, in their opinion, makes encounters more interesting.Hence the added cast times.

Well they changed a lot of healer abilities to require casting, and reduced instant CC, but the quoted discussion noted reduced mobility for dealing damage, and this is simply not the case for most classes. Well, I guess they forced Warlocks into KJC by removing Fel Flame, but it's not like they didn't take it en masse already anyway.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Casual=/ bad.
    casual does mean bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateJayWilson View Post
    casual does mean bad
    Suddenly being a casual player is a sin, well then..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Casuals haven't ruined the market. That's not a casual mindset. Not surprising coming from you.
    Fine, lets do a test then. Take away LFR and restrict epic gear to raids and high end PvP. Watch all the complaints roll in.

The Paladin class for the most part is meant to be the casual class. It was like this since Vanilla. It is the achilles heel of the class. Due partly because they know so many people tend to make a Paladin first when they join WoW. Retribution was a leveling spec until WOTLK. Was so easy in WOTLK that it was like killing everything was your birthright, and everyone complained and we got nerfed. Every time they break something with Ret, it can take a few content patches for them to care. They even said that Rets not doing great in dps, and our healing was nerfed in pvp.

Every time there's any mention of Paladins in tweets, it's Holy. WHY? Ret makes up the majority of the population of Paladins. This thread dwarfs the Holy and Prot Megathreads. I'm sure Ret Paladins have a lot more questions and concerns over Holy. Cause in the end they wanna pigeon hole you into a healer. Ret works fine for LFR or Flex content, but it's only noticeably broken in normal SoO and especially Heroic. What about PvP? We don't exist in RBGs, and for the most part we can only go as far as 1700 rating in Arena, before your partners find a replacement for you. In other words Ret works fine in all casual content, but anything professional and you'd better roll holy.

We have the biggest transmog thread at 275 pages today. We seem to be strangely ok with our metrosexual pink color style, despite Paladins usually depicted with gold or white armor. If you RP, the Paladin class is pretty much your first choice. This class is like a magnetic for casuals. That's why ret gets second rate treatment. L2P go Holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    ...is a single player game. Where you don't have to be guilded to accomplish anything, because there are no guilds. No one can tell you your build choices and playstyle are wrong. You won't be denied because no one wants melee or because Method and Paragon think your spec is shit.
    You clearly haven't played Dark Souls. Play the game and watch as someone named D1CKYPR0ST41NT invades you and kills you. It's nowhere near as cooperative as WoW, but even Blizzard took notice of the game. There are so many ideas taken from Dark Souls that's in MOP. Ever notice those signs in Timeless isle that people leave behind?

They should just get rid of seals at this point, they don't know what to do with them. They're just throwing darts at the board trying to make use of something that hasn't had much of a use since BC

10+ Year Old Account
    There is noa ctual defined casual class. Your idea of casual is that they are lazy and bad. That is not what a casual is.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

watch as someone named D1CKYPR0ST41NT invades you and kills you
    Because WoW doesn't have aggravatingly poor PvP balance forced upon you by badly implemented cross-server grouping and characters with ban-worthy names?

10+ Year Old Account
    So like I thought , nothing new that we didn't already know Notes from March 23/14

"We wanted to improve Seal gameplay for Protection and Retribution, so have made a few changes in that regard. Protection had three Seals, but only used Insight due to its defensive value. We’ve moved that defensive value into a passive for Protection Paladins, and expect them to primarily use a mixture of Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness now. To provide better gameplay between Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness, and effectively remove a button, we made Seal of Righteousness transform Crusader Strike into Hammer of the Righteous."

• Seal of Insight no longer gives melee attacks a chance to heal the Paladin.
    • Inner Light is a new passive ability for Protection Paladins and provides a chance for each melee attack to heal the Paladin.
    • Glyph of the Battle Healer is now available only for Protection Paladins, and affects healing from Inner Light instead of Seal of Insight.
    • Crusader Strike and Hammer of the Righteous are no longer separate spells.
    • Seal of Righteousness now also causes Crusader Strike to be replaced with Hammer of the Righteous while active.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and prot lost Avenging Wrath , and holy lost Divine Favor with this build but it's effects were merged with AW
    Last edited by Zabannith; 2014-04-23 at 11:30 PM.
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

"... To provide better gameplay between Seal of Truth and Seal of Righteousness, and effectively remove a button, we made Seal of Righteousness transform Crusader Strike into Hammer of the Righteous."

Better gameplay ? Remove a single button ? WHAT ????????????????
    If anything, it will make using HotR way more clunky than today. How does that lead to a better gameplay ?

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Sometimes I just wish they'd be blunt. Saying "button bloat" to get rid of hotr is a horrible excuse. Just be honest and say, "we want you to use SoR more"
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeahhhh.. I knew that we wouldn't get any info that we didn't already know about , yet again an underwhelming set of notes.... we need beta so we can get hands on experience
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Almost as bad as saying "we're removing snapshotting because the people that knew what's up used addons anyway." Just say you couldn't balance it without people that didn't know about it doing piss poor dps.
    Maegore @Maegoree Maegor#1377

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe their April fools joke (in my sig) wasn't intended to be a joke after all? trolololol

I would much rather see Seal of Righteousness taken out. If they want to remove button bloat and simplify gameplay, then just take out seal swapping and grant us a buff equal to the current seal of righteousness every time we use HotR for x seconds.

I actually like the Seal of Righteousness change. It saves me bar slot (on top of the one I would save by macroing the two Seals together) and it adds a bit of forethought to going from single target to AoE. A single GCD per change seems like a fair price to me.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arte View Post
    I would much rather see Seal of Righteousness taken out. If they want to remove button bloat and simplify gameplay, then just take out seal swapping and grant us a buff equal to the current seal of righteousness every time we use HotR for x seconds.
    Gameplay wasn't really simplified by this change. At most, making it weird and or chosing when to Aoe. One could argue this change is complex...annoyingly complex >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I actually like the Seal of Righteousness change. It saves me bar slot (on top of the one I would save by macroing the two Seals together) and it adds a bit of forethought to going from single target to AoE. A single GCD per change seems like a fair price to me.
    How many other classes need to sacrifice gcds to aoe? This road they're going down makes it look about as fun as enhance aoe. Which isn't. At all.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."