Blood DK Threat issues

Im very sorry that i uped again this theme but i really have some troubles with agro. Should i make new thread for this?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%ACra/simple
    rhis is my Armory.

I read guides! Really! A lot of! These days i was changed near the everything again but still nothing good happens to agro. tryed to replace different chants and gems. Last time i tried to reforge to haste. i havent issues with the boss agro. But the packs near the galakras and in some dungs just running away like i havent any Blood presence. I put deseaces first time not with ourbreak (this using when they gonna finish). using death and decay and Blood Boil but ONE touch of monk or pala (540ilvl probably or 530) taking ALL agro of the pack from me. i havent problems with runes and cdowns of the runes and using of them.
    GREEN geared Fury warrior with 100 000 dps all time took agro from me and he didnt use any taunt.Havent this problem only in TOT somehwere.

Will be happy to have some help.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2014-03-18 at 10:33 PM.

Yes, making a new thread would have been the better choice, so I split your post into a new thread And I made your link clickable

Deleted
    This does seem weird. What you can do (and what I usually do) on pull:

Horn of Winter
    Death and Decay
    Outbreak (enough RP generated by the first two)
    Blood Boil

With your iLvl and Weapon you shouldn't have threat issues EVER.
    In addition you might use Dancing Rune Weapon on pull however this shouldn't be necessary.

I did not exactly get when you use Outbreak and why.

Forget about AoE tanking as Blood. Blood AoE is as bad as Prot paladin, even worse considering you need Diseases to tick once or twice to get proper threat which takes ages.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Forget about AoE tanking as Blood. Blood AoE is as bad as Prot paladin, even worse considering you need Diseases to tick once or twice to get proper threat which takes ages.
    What he said. Also you really need to drop all that haste and get parry. It will do wonders for your thrath (atleast help a bit). haste is really useless...

Deleted
    Advise the DPS to limit their AOE, if they keep stripping aggro then they also need to think about how to improve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Advise the DPS to limit their AOE, if they keep stripping aggro then they also need to think about how to improve it.
    No offense but this is ridiculous. A tank is there to -tank- the adds so the dps can kill them. Telling dps not to aoe on trash packs is not the solution here. Aoe as Blood walks a fine line between holding threat and survivability, if you're suviving fine then forsake deathstriking for blood boil. It sounds like you are making sure your diseases are up on all targets, because that is imperative. Also, don't hesitate to tab target, the small amount of extra damage done to the add you're targeting will give you more aggro, so by rotating targets you are keeping up higher threat on multiple targets. Lastly, regarding your gear, try going in to more avoidance, ideally parry. With riposte you will be critting more which will also help you hold aggro.
    Last edited by Colors; 2014-03-21 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    No offense but this is ridiculous. A tank is there to -tank- the adds so the dps can kill them. Telling dps not to aoe on trash packs is not the solution here. Aoe as Blood walks a fine line between holding threat and survivability, if you're suviving fine then forsake deathstriking for blood boil. It sounds like you are making sure your diseases are up on all targets, because that is imperative. Also, don't hesitate to tab target, the small amount of extra damage done to the add you're targeting will give you more aggro, so by rotating targets you are keeping up higher threat on multiple targets. Lastly, regarding your gear, try going in to more avoidance, ideally parry. With riposte you will be critting more which will also help you hold aggro.
    Yeah because its so ridiculous to let your tank get aggro on a mob before you go balls to the walls murloc crazy on something...
    Especially when you know that your tank takes a second to pick up aggro on things...

When I'm in SoO my Druid co tank usually pulls aoe threat off me for trash cause his hits harder earlier on, but my group knows that if he steps away not to be idiots and blow everything up, instead they wait 1-3 seconds for me to hit everything, because its such a travesty to wait a second...

OT: Try using Rune of the fallen crusader, that extra strength will help you hit things harder for more threat, and the heal isn't half bad either.

No offense but this is ridiculous.
    Have to agree, we aren't in Vanilla any more. Threat is a non issue with MD/TotT + 200% taunt (not for AoE ofc) + 500% base threat + Vengeance before MD/TotT falls off.

Honestly with Blood DKs though you basically have to spam Blood Boil without getting yourself killed. Colors again puts it slightly better, though. If you aren't using it, OP, spec into Blood Tap. On-demand runes are invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Yeah because its so ridiculous to let your tank get aggro on a mob before you go balls to the walls murloc crazy on something...
    Especially when you know that your tank takes a second to pick up aggro on things...
    When you're wiping sub 1% on a boss, yes - yes it is ridiculous. A second or two of everyone's damage during cooldowns is a LOT of wasted damage. Sure, that's not AoE packs of mobs (besides Galakras), but it's better to learn rather than "just go easy on dps guys!"
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-03-21 at 12:50 AM.

Bloods AoE snap threat is simply non-existent, the best tip I can give you is to run into the next pack before your vengeance from the previous pack as worn off. If you cannot do that a single tricks or misdirect should hold them to you for the first few GCDs while you get your diseases rolling. Parry is better than haste for both suitability and dps, though the dps gain is close enough to call equal. You will not out threat other tanks on a fresh pull, it just won't happen. Especially monks, keg smash is pretty much AoE taunt. The final solution is have your dps wait 3 seconds before they go crazy.

Your opening is likely the issue, open with DnD on the ground and use outbreak to instantly pop diseases on and blood boil with roiling blood talented. If things are leaving you after this you simply need more gear or a misdrect/tricks of the trade. If you're losing threat after the first 5 seconds then you are doing something significantly wrong.

Having dps hold on AoE for more than 3 or 4 seconds is ridiculous, but the initial few GCDs you open with as blood will not out threat any dps worth his weight that goes in and AoE's to the max at 0.1 seconds into the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Have to agree, we aren't in Vanilla any more. Threat is a non issue with MD/TotT + 200% taunt (not for AoE ofc) + 500% base threat + Vengeance before MD/TotT falls off.

Honestly with Blood DKs though you basically have to spam Blood Boil without getting yourself killed. Colors again puts it slightly better, though. If you aren't using it, OP, spec into Blood Tap. On-demand runes are invaluable.

When you're wiping sub 1% on a boss, yes - yes it is ridiculous. A second or two of everyone's damage during cooldowns is a LOT of wasted damage. Sure, that's not AoE packs of mobs (besides Galakras), but it's better to learn rather than "just go easy on dps guys!"
    I'm speaking more on trash packs since colors specifically mentioned them.
    but its not always a thing of learning, I can toss up diseases and blood boil 2-3 times but until they've ticked if the warlock in my group bursts his 1.9million burst on them then I'm gonna lose threat, however if he holds off just until my dots have ticked a time or two he won't touch my threat...

No its not ridiculous at all especially if your any good at DPS, Yes a tank is there to tank but going crazy on all adds when the tank has not got aggro on them is just plain stupid, and no one said "do not AoE on trash packs" they said limit or throttle your DPS on trash packs which is perfectly reasonable as decent threat on mob is not instant and you know dots need time to tick etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post

Agreed to a point but then again if ANYONE nukes to early no tank can keep agro on everything in AoE situations as AoE threat generation is not as high as single target threat generation on any tank class.

And when the class relies heavily on damage over time (DOTS) for the AoE threat then its even more important to use common sense and wait a few seconds before nuking. Using this fabled sub 1% wipe excuse is just that, 99.99% of the time that wipe would have been caused by other issues like sub optimal DPS on the boss, positioning etc.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate arguing in threads, but I feel the need to point out something. When I responded, it was to this statement 'Advise the DPS to limit their AOE'. Yes, our snap aggro is shit, yes, if your dps know what they are doing they will pull a couple off of you, but honestly that's what taunts are for. You lose one, taunt, you lose a lot, Gorefiend's. Especially if you're running an avoidance build (I know the OP is not), once riposte is up and you have some vengeance, pulling subsequent packs is cake. Blizzard has made a habit of arranging trash between bosses in a fashion that you can chain pull.

Dk as the worse treat over aller tank classes when it come to aoe situation but it is not impossible .

the best you can do is spread Diseases as fast as you can when you pull and use D&d you can also use blood boil on death runes if you don't take a lot of damage for extra treat. After Diseases ticks a few time you be ok but don't stop use blood boil on blood runes.

you can also use a custom Name plate like tidy plates http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy...-threat-plates if you don't have i recommend you to get it and give a try
    You can adjust the color of treat on your name plate for example Green is ok Yellow you gona lose the agro and Red you don't have the agro .it really help a lot

and i personally think that a dps should never hold back and it come to aoe Somme adds especially if they have to die fast ( Bats on Heroic thok for example )
    Hunter and rogus can use they skills ( i don't know how it is call on English lol ) for extra treat on you it help A lot .

I hope it help

Deleted
    Reforge to parry. Pop Dancing Rune Weapon. Rest should be easy.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arekk View Post
    Reforge to parry. Pop Dancing Rune Weapon. Rest should be easy.
    And runeforge Fallen Crusader. no reason to use any other runeforge