Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    As a sears employee..Fuck those customers dude. I see some pretty stupid shit everyday, so no im not surprised at the employees comment.
    His racism is justified because someone did something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Isn't a racial slur also just 'something wrong'?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

IF someone walks up to you at work and says 'fuck you', should you be fired if your first reaction is to say 'fuck you too' ? Nobody here has yet to explain what domo is, so I have to take that as a percieved insult to which he understood. Im not saying he was right in his comment, but this whole damn thing is out of proportion.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2014-03-05 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    someone walks up to you at work and says 'fuck you' you should be fired if your first reaction is to say 'fuck you too' ? Nobody here has yet to explain what domo is, so I have to take that as a percieved insult to which he understood. Im not saying he was right in his comment, but this whole damn thing is out of proportion.
    Not really.

A person who works in the business of customer service shouldn't firstly lose their cool, and secondly shouldn't resort to racism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Isn't a racial slur also just 'something wrong'?
    You are missing the point entirely I see. Either that or you just want to argue even if your point is a foolish one.

I don't have time to entertain such a silly stance.

Deleted
    IF someone walks up to you at work and says 'fuck you', should you be fired if your first reaction is to say 'fuck you too' ? Nobody here has yet to explain what domo is, so I have to take that as a percieved insult to which he understood. Im not saying he was right in his comment, but this whole damn thing is out of proportion.
    After some Googling, it appears that 'Domo' is a Canadian gas company.

Also; how the fuck is "Came off the boat" racism? 99% of Americans came via boat.

Well did he just get off the boat? I suppose he thought to say something like this based on the parent's appearance (so that's racist), but what he said is really more akin to "What are you an uncouth barbarian?" Culturism I guess.

If the kid would have hurt himself on the lawnmower, I'd place a wager on this parent trying to sue the store for negligence.

My mom might also be racist all the times she asked me if I was "born in a barn" when i left the door open. Come to think of it, why the hell was my mom asking me where I was born, she was fucking there. Gonna have to investigate this.
    Last edited by SirPiken; 2014-03-05 at 01:51 AM.

You are missing the point entirely I see. Either that or you just want to argue even if your point is a foolish one.

I don't have time to entertain such a silly stance.
    What's the point exactly? I would say that the reason he should be fired isn't because it was a racial slur, but rather just because he was insulting a customer. He could have called them retarded or a 'dumb shit' and the same punishment should be dealt. There is nothing special about it being a racial slur.

Also, simply calling the points of the opposite side 'foolish' or 'silly' without backing up such statements is what is really silly.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2014-03-05 at 01:54 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    It is plenty possible for both parties to be in the wrong. Being a racial minority doesn't mean you're immune to criticism for your shitty behavior.

However it also doesn't mean you're allowed to be treated as subhuman for said behavior.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

the customer was the racist and the instigator.

Deleted
    The employee was literally worse than Hitler. Crimes against humanity if I ever seen it!

I know some people will slap a label on this guy because of the one comment but I don't think you can really judge if someones a 'racist' by something as simple as this. He got mad and he made an immature racially-driven comment as a comeback because it was the most obvious way for him to 'zing' the other guy. He lost his job over it too. People need to be able to learn lessons in life of what is and isn't acceptable. Hopefully the dude learns from this, but it's really shitty that people all over Canada will now see his face and label him racist.
    Last edited by Maoli; 2014-03-05 at 02:18 AM.

Not really.

A person who works in the business of customer service shouldn't firstly lose their cool, and secondly shouldn't resort to racism.

- - - Updated - - -
    So, in other words, you're okay treating workers like shit, and they have to be nice to you the entire time, just because they're on the clock? How bad does society have to be where you can put yourself above others and be rude, and then get mad when they something that offends you. Did you see the way he flew off the handle? I can just imagine how things went down when someone told him to do something with HIS child. And how HIS child should be allowed to do whatever he pleases. I still want to argue what is defined as racism. He used the exact same language but replaced one single word. Domo with boat.

We can all agree: He did not use any discriminitory words other than "Came off the boat". For the love of god, the guy didnt even have an accent, or speak any words incorrectly. He was obviously NOT new to Canada, and just felt like shit flinging to get his way. Congrats dude, you won, but you're a giant prick in my book. You started it, he finished it and got burned. Feel big now?

Canada is just too PC sometimes. We all need to take a deep breath together and say "Blow me" once in a while.
    Last edited by Ayla; 2014-03-05 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Going to guess Dominican Republic? Many of the Hispanic/Latino communities have an intense dislike for each other.
    I'm shocked someone knows what the Dominican Republic is. OT: Rascist.

But dude, you know about Dominicans!? I've gotten a lot of, 'what's that?' and 'where is that?' responses whenever I told people I'm Dominican.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I'm pretty sure that means that you're a racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    What you meant to say was "People who THINK they are not racist..."
    Since you're only pretty sure, let me clear it up for you, it does not mean the person is racist, it only means they said something racist because they wanted to hurt the feelings of the person they're talking to.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should have been fired immediately, and hopefully Sears does indeed fire him.

So, in other words, you're okay treating workers like shit, and they have to be nice to you the entire time, just because they're on the clock? How bad does society have to be where you can put yourself above others and be rude, and then get mad when they something that offends you. Did you see the way he flew off the handle? I can just imagine how things went down when someone told him to do something with HIS child. And how HIS child should be allowed to do whatever he pleases. I still want to argue what is defined as racism. He used the exact same language but replaced one single word. Domo with boat.

We can all agree: He did not use any discriminitory words other than "Came off the boat". For the love of god, the guy didnt even have an accent, or speak any words incorrectly. He was obviously NOT new to Canada, and just felt like shit flinging to get his way. Congrats dude, you won, but you're a giant prick in my book. You started it, he finished it and got burned. Feel big now?

Canada is just too PC sometimes. We all need to take a deep breath together and say "Blow me" once in a while.
    Are you serious right now with your first line? It sounds like you've never had a job that deals with other people.

Are you serious right now with your first line? It sounds like you've never had a job that deals with other people.
    The pathetic part is that people think its ok to treat employees like utter crap just because they shouldn't be able to treat them like crap back. Nobody ever tried to justify the employees poor treatment of the customer, but to think that the customer should be able to treat an employee however they please is what is garbage here. Utter hypocrisy.

Oh quite the contrary. I have 6 years of cashier experience, and currently am the assistant manager. My coworker works at a 7-11 as well. He is from somewhere in Africa, and he is on the receiving end of extreme racism and belligerent customers all the time. He's extremely nice though, he says "Fuck you" with a smile and a laugh. I love him. He handles himself with grace, while not putting up with people's bullshit. Not once has 7-11 fired him or even warned him for his attitude.

Employee was wrong and customer was a idiot.

When you work in retail you simply ignore customers when they start getting irate. You get a manager if you have too and let them deal with the it.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2014-03-05 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    So wouldn't that be construed as racist also?
    I didn't say it wasn't. I was just responding to your 'where the fuck is DOMO' comment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I'm shocked someone knows what the Dominican Republic is. OT: Rascist.

But dude, you know about Dominicans!? I've gotten a lot of, 'what's that?' and 'where is that?' responses whenever I told people I'm Dominican.
    Sure, its a Caribbean nation that shares that island (that I don't remember the name of) with Haiti. People being bad at geography isn't anything new.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.