High School Honor Student Suing Parents for College Tuition

http://fox40.com/2014/03/03/high-sch...llege-tuition/

A New Jersey high school honor student, who is also an athlete and a cheerleader, has sued her parents for school money after she says they kicked her out of their home when she turned 18, the Daily Record of Parsippany, N.J., reported.

Rachel Canning’s father told the newspaper that his daughter isn’t telling the whole story and that she moved out because she didn’t want to do chores or keep a curfew, among other disagreements.

“We love our child and miss her. This is terrible. It’s killing me and my wife,” Sean Canning, a former police chief for Lincoln Park, where the family lives, told the Daily Record. “We have a child we want home. We’re not draconian and now we’re getting hauled into court. She’s demanding that we pay her bills but she doesn’t want to live at home, and she’s saying, ‘I don’t want to live under your rules.’”

According to court records obtained by the newspaper, Rachel Canning is arguing that she is still financially dependent on her parents because she’s an unemanicipated student.

If that's all there is to the story, this little princess may be one of the most spoiled I have ever seen.

Deleted
    I can easily say, fuck her.

Fuck her entitled attitude, her disrespect to her parents, her willingness to pursue legal action, and of course thinking she deserves her tuition paid.

She chose to move out, and according to the article over pitiful things such as chores.

I'm thinking her career path lays somewhere off the suckingoff interstate next to McDonalds.

Well...

If she indeed did what she has done over not wanting to do chores and follow a curfew, I agree with Manakin for the most part. If not, we really need to hear the whole story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since when are parents legally obligated to pay for a child's tuition? God damn, I should let my parents know - I paid my own way through both an undergraduate and a graduate degree with no student loans.

Some people just think they're above working hard.