Deleted

Question Optical drive or not ?

So i previously posted my future build on the forums and got some cool feedback on it (thanks)
    the only remark people made was that I didn't need to include an optical drive....

This made me think and left me with the question : How will I install my OS to my new PC if I don't have an optical drive ??

Can I just copy the install files from the CD to an USB-drive and install that way , or doesn't it work that way ...

Anyways would save me 25 bucks , so might as well ask you guys

Thanks for reading !

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    USB flash drive / USB CD roms / USB 3 Firewire ESata Drives and the list goes on. There's list on the net how to make devices bootable. I converted my cases to 4 120mm fans in front by getting rid of the drive bays on top and i get the best airflow since i use the cd rom once a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odylong View Post
    Can I just copy the install files from the CD to an USB-drive and install that way , or doesn't it work that way ...
    It doesn't work that way.

You just need to get an ISO of your DVD (Depending on 7 or 8), and use the "microsoft Windows 7 DVD to USB tool" with your flash drive and itll handle it. Then boot from USB
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

Works with both win 8.1 and 7

Deleted
    Great thanks for the quick responses guys !