Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Why contribute to it when you just made it to rile people up? That's bad for the community because sometimes people take you seriously and you just start a loop of nothingness. Do you think it's merely by accident that all your threads end the same?
    Assumption is a terrible thing. You would do well to avoid it in the future. I made the thread to discuss why people can't just talk in threads. I am curious why people have to resort to insults when their opinion differs from others. Like you for example. I say something you disagree with, and according to you, that makes me a troll. You might need to look up the definition on this buzzword, and then look at the thread as a whole. There are TWO people in this thread who are bothered by me, and you are one of them. A "troll" would have everyone in the thread pissed off, and calling names, and would be laughing and posting humorous stuff while you and the rest of the thread steamed under the collar. The sooner you figure out I am not a troll, the sooner you will stop derailing my threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    That's what happens when Blizzard doesn't have proper censhorhip policy and it's execution. You're more likely to get any punishment for saying something that *may* be politicaly incorrent and *may* hurt someone than for outright insults on public channels.
    Thats because calling somebody doing badly a bad shouldn't be bannable, and community blacklisting is not a negative thing

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Assumption is a terrible thing. You would do well to avoid it in the future. I made the thread to discuss why people can't just talk in threads. I am curious why people have to resort to insults when their opinion differs from others. Like you for example. I say something you disagree with, and according to you, that makes me a troll. You might need to look up the definition on this buzzword, and then look at the thread as a whole. There are TWO people in this thread who are bothered by me, and you are one of them. A "troll" would have everyone in the thread pissed off, and calling names, and would be laughing and posting humorous stuff while you and the rest of the thread steamed under the collar. The sooner you figure out I am not a troll, the sooner you will stop derailing my threads.
    You're a troll because you said you make threads because "you're bored and want to make a splash"

Havent I explained this to you again?

People convey their ideas in a variety of ways. When somebody calls you an annoying troll, they are conveying a lot about their thoughts, more than just you being annoying.

Also, you are a troll because all your threads are the same discussion generally started by flamebait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    The hypocrisy is lost on you.
    Only because it does not pertain to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it would seem this thread will never get back on track thanks to certain individuals. My apologies to all for their rude behavior. I have reported them for flaming and have asked for a mod lock. Hopefully they will oblige and these people can find someone else to harass.

Only because it does not pertain to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, it would seem this thread will never get back on track thanks to certain individuals. My apologies to all for their rude behavior. I have reported them for flaming and have asked for a mod lock. Hopefully they will oblige and these people can find someone else to harass.
    Calling others fucktards and telling them they need to grow up and control their emotions is hypocritical.

And then you are blaming them for a thread created as flamebait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Calling others fucktards and telling them they need to grow up and control their emotions is hypocritical.

And then you are blaming them for a thread created as flamebait.
    I never aimed that insult at anyone specific. If someone took it as an insult, that's on them. As for you, this conversation is concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    I'm curious to know what makes players feel the need to insult others. I would imagine the internet and anonymity play a big part in it. Why do people feel it necessary to insult someone rather than discuss the topic at hand? Disagree with the idea, that's fine. But there is NO need to insult the people by calling them fucktards.
    Yeah, some people are so toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never aimed that insult at anyone specific. If someone took it as an insult, that's on them...
    And yet, you said it. You have to understand that some people will take it as an insult, some more than the others... Do not excuse it with throwing blame on other people, accept the responsibility for your words.

To be on topic, I don't think the community in game is more "toxic" than in real life. On internet you can simply say things you wouldn't normally say, but they also don't hurt that much as they do in real life. Personally I am more stressed with the way it is said than the actual words, so internet doesn't hurt me that much.

However what I noticed is, that majority of people only wear this mask of unfriendliness to protect themselves from this "trolling" or bad behaviour. Everybody is part of problem... You can start with yourself, I am always friendly to people inside the game and they are usually kind to me too (When they actually say something ). Sure you meet some jerks, but that's pretty normal I suppose (But it shouldn't!).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to know what makes players feel the need to insult others. I would imagine the internet and anonymity play a big part in it. Why do people feel it necessary to insult someone rather than discuss the topic at hand? Disagree with the idea, that's fine. But there is NO need to insult the people by calling them fucktards.
    Never said anyone who disagrees is a fucktard, I said people who cannot join a conversation and act like an adult are fucktards. Big difference. Discuss things all day, I am up for that. But come into a thread, start insulting someone's intelligence, call them a troll, or make some other herp derp comment... they are pretty much a fucktard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zrudo View Post
    And yet, you said it. You have to understand that some people will take it as an insult, some more than the others... Do not excuse it with throwing blame on other people, accept the responsibility for your words.
    I don't deny saying it. If people cannot enter a thread and carry on an adult conversation without resorting to insults or the need to refer to the OP as a troll, that person is a fucktard. I cannot help that. But, come in and stick to the topic and leave the insults at the door, they are not fucktards. It's quite simple really

Superiority complex. Some people use the anonymity to place themselves above others, since they don't know you, its easy for them to pretend they are better and then proceed to talk down to people.

I've seen this on many forums, this forum used to be pretty good, then the mods let the political threads get out of hand and all of a sudden we have Nation bashing, name calling, people trying to be intellectuals (many of whom I doubt have seen much more than grade school), and over all it's grown into this "source of your source and btw you're retarded" mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't deny saying it. If people cannot enter a thread and carry on an adult conversation without resorting to insults or the need to refer to the OP as a troll, that person is a fucktard. I cannot help that. But, come in and stick to the topic and leave the insults at the door, they are not fucktards. It's quite simple really
    I don't really want to discuss the content of the "argue" (Or how to call it). I just wanted to point out that words are really powerful weapon or cure, depending on the tone in which they are said. So don't be shocked when something you said bring an unwanted result. It is all up to interpretation of certain person.

This may be core of the problem, Internet is very emotionless. Everything is up to interpretation and sadly, most of the people don that mask of unfriendliness because they expect the bad. So their reaction will most likely be bad too, it is never ending circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Superiority complex. Some people use the anonymity to place themselves above others, since they don't know you, its easy for them to pretend they are better and then proceed to talk down to people.

I've seen this on many forums, this forum used to be pretty good, then the mods let the political threads get out of hand and all of a sudden we have Nation bashing, name calling, people trying to be intellectuals (many of whom I doubt have seen much more than grade school), and over all it's grown into this "source of your source and btw you're retarded" mentality.
    I agree. Sadly, most of it stems from people who either A) always have to be right or B) are made to look foolish and then have to protect their "rep". I find it difficult to take people like that serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You're being toxic while trying to discuss your concerns about toxic people. Just because you didn't aim this at a certain person, doesn't mean it wasn't toxic to start.

I know, I know....I'm probably going back on your ignore list again.
    Nope. I've left this thread as it is continually derailed. I made a broad and general statement which had a single insult aimed at a specific type of person. I even explained it in great detail. The toxics have now twisted my intent and derailed my thread. I asked for a thread lock, but the mods are likely out back enjoying a sandwich and a beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone is expecting you to be a saint on a forum, but that one single insult (aimed at a specific type of person) lost you most of your credibility about you really being concerned about the toxic levels here, because you were willing to take the "toxic" route, so to speak.

I'd also say, that reading through most of your replies here, you seem to get very defensive with people (I don't care much). Your comments come off as passive aggressive insults, that generally aren't aimed at one particular person. My opinion, I'm sure people disagree with me, but thats just what I'm observing as I read through this thread.
    I usually do well past the first few insults. After a while, it is just easier to treat them how they treat others and move on. If that includes calling them a fucktard, I am all for it. I start nice, but only end nice as long as the other person is nice.

I am nice, until it is time to not be nice.

The game has become easy? How about getting good at the game we've been playing for like 15 years.

I usually do well past the first few insults. After a while, it is just easier to treat them how they treat others and move on. If that includes calling them a fucktard, I am all for it. I start nice, but only end nice as long as the other person is nice.
    You start these threads that you know will "make a splash" and then when the "splash" happens you're like, "OMG, why are people being mean to me?". Looks like a troll, smells like a troll...
    Last edited by cabyio; 2014-03-04 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take people words here exactly as Mr. Sexy Swayze said, "it's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response". Nothing more. Nothing they say on this forum warrants people to suddenly loose shit and start going at it - Not saying you did that, though.
    No matter really. I could leave for a year, come back, and talk about the cute fluffy kittens, and my "fan club" will still follow me into a thread and derail it just to call me a troll. I've asked the mods to address it. Should they fail to do so, I will just send a request to remove my account and move on to another forum where I just lurk. This forum is slowly becoming as toxic as the main forum.

So now that superman has removed his sig, can we consider him a troll and report this?

Deleted
    Closing this since the OP wants it locked & the last few pages are just personal bickering.

I would like to remind everyone that we did not permit insults here, including stereotyping or insulting portions of the MMOC community for any reason. We also do not find calling people a troll constructive. If you believe someone is trolling, responding to call them a troll is against the rules and derails the thread further, report it and move on.