Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    As explained, it is a bug with the way the game interacts with Win10's paging system. Win10 was released AFTER the game, so it's understandable if there are a few issues. Having 12GB will just allow you to work around the bug until it's fixed. They aren't saying 12GB is required.
    That's not how this works. If they released it in good condition and then Win10 came out causing problems, that is understandable. However, the game was so fucking bad it was the first game EVER to be removed from Steam, as a AAA title no less. Then, all of this time they have been working on it to fix the problems and with Win10 in arms reach, they decided to release it anyways, AGAIN, knowing there was a massive problem.

How anyone can still give this company money and defend them is pure fucking insanity. No wounder most game releases are awful nowadays. In and extra 4 months of development they still couldn't do the one thing they are paid to do. They have literally raped customers in the ass, twice, and they still have people defending them.

It's disgraceful. And just sad.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drofdel View Post
    So apparently the game is listed on Steam again and is still having issues, albeit much smaller in scale than before.
    Yeah some problems with Windows 10 and 7. How this is even possible after 2 delays, the worst launch ever, and 4 months of fixing it .. no one knows. That said, it works perfectly for me, only the Nvidia extra fog things make my PC explode, and I have 16 GB or RAM .. All the rest is highest it can get though.

And apart from all the launch shit etc. If it works, it's a damn good game.

Since the first major patch at September (I think?) I have no major performance issues with this game. Runs pretty well at a stable 60 FPS. Still a shame how bad this was/is handled, because as a Batman game Rocksteady has once again nailed it. :/

http://steamcommunity.com/games/2086...10596369779495

What a monumental shitshow this port continues to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are never gonna fix this damn game. So glad I got it on xbox. Never buying a WB game on PC. At least it WORKS. And at least they are offering refunds. I can't imagine how fucking pissed people would be if steam refunds didn't exist at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Yeah some problems with Windows 10 and 7. How this is even possible after 2 delays, the worst launch ever, and 4 months of fixing it .. no one knows. That said, it works perfectly for me, only the Nvidia extra fog things make my PC explode, and I have 16 GB or RAM .. All the rest is highest it can get though.

And apart from all the launch shit etc. If it works, it's a damn good game.

Well, at least you can get a full refund now. I wonder if I'll be able to since my digital copy was part of my 980 card purchase. I suppose it's worth a shot. That said, I definitely won't be pre-ordering any WB games from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    They are never gonna fix this damn game. So glad I got it on xbox. Never buying a WB game on PC.
    You should never buy a WB game period. Shitshows such as this should be boycotted regardless of the platform you play on.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You should never buy a WB game period. Shitshows such as this should be boycotted regardless of the platform you play on.
    Except the game isn't a shit show and runs great on consoles with almost no bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Except the game isn't a shit show and runs great on consoles with almost no bugs.
    So what? They made a mockery of the PC port. You shouldn't support such a company. It's clear they don't give a fuck about their customers.

So what? They made a mockery of the PC port. You shouldn't support such a company. It's clear they don't give a fuck about their customers.
    Remind me again why players that own a console should not play a game they want to play on that console? Because you're butt hurt the PC port handled by a different studio was shit? That your only reason?

By all means get refunds and don't buy a shitty PC port, however if you want to play the game and own a console play it. Simple as that.

"You're not allowed to enjoy the game because the only version I can buy is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Remind me again why players that own a console should not play a game they want to play on that console?
    Why should a white man boycott the KKK?

That's what you're asking.

Post constructively. -Infracted. Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-11-04 at 07:53 PM.

This is up for personal debate. Some feel it was terrible, some was fine with it and the list goes on.

Personally I was fine with the release, had no issues. Could they have sped fixing it up for others faster? Yes. At the same time they didn't have to and could've said screw everyone.

At the same time I don't buy games blindly to "support companies". I only buy them if I am interested and most of the time I wait till they are in the 75-90% sale range anyway. Only on certain new releases like this one am I even remotely interested in getting it at the start or early on (even then at a 25-50% discount if I can find it).

Why should a white man boycott the KKK?

That's what you're asking.
    More like asking you why a console player should boycott a game that works perfectly fine for them, but yes go ahead a make more asinine comparisons that don't even compute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This is up for personal debate. *snip*
    I normally agree with you, Lucetia, but I can't agree with this.

I remember a time where Rocksteady had 'no plans' to address gamebreaking bugs in Arkham Origins, but instead elected to focus on DLC. But, mysteriously, they do the exact opposite with Arkham Knight. Why? Perhaps you could argue that they care about their consumers (I would argue otherwise; if they did care they wouldn't have released the game in such a state), but I find it very...interesting that this was the first huge title that was released after Steam refunds became a thing. Prior to this, they could get your money, and you got what you got. Gamebreaking bugs? Oh well, deal with it, but don't forget to buy our DLC! That's the message they were sending, and it doesn't sit right with me. When we, as consumers, have options -- to not accept what was a terrible launch and obtain a full refund -- they are held accountable for what they give us. And, surprise! They have to fix it if they want the money.

If you got a fine experience, cool. I'm not blaming you for buying something you were interested in and it played well...for you. But I know a lot of instances where it was abysmal. And I, personally, refuse to purchase and reward such behavior.

Edit: Well, considering I messed up thinking that Rocksteady made Origins when they didn't, the initial post is moot. Still, I found the launch and state of the game to be abysmal. As I said, if you got a good experience, awesome! I'm happy for you. I, personally, don't feel right rewarding such behavior is all.
    Last edited by icedwarrior; 2015-11-04 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

I remember a time where Rocksteady had 'no plans' to address gamebreaking bugs in Arkham Origins
    Ummm, Rocksteady didn't make and had nothing to do with Origins...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksteady_Studios

Origins was made by WB Montreal.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I normally agree with you, Lucetia, but I can't agree with this.

I remember a time where Rocksteady had 'no plans' to address gamebreaking bugs in Arkham Origins, but instead elected to focus on DLC.
    Origins was developed by WB internally (their Montreal studio), Rocksteady did not work on that title.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Origins was developed by WB internally (their Montreal studio), Rocksteady did not work on that title.
    Well Rocksteady technically is internal as they are owned by WB, but yea different studios in different counties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ummm, Rocksteady didn't make and had nothing to do with Origins...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocksteady_Studios

Origins was made by WB Montreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My apologies, got that wrong. Editing.

7+ Year Old Account

In my case at least, most of the issues are fixed. Now they just need to fix the rain textures...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    They are never gonna fix this damn game. So glad I got it on xbox. Never buying a WB game on PC. At least it WORKS. And at least they are offering refunds. I can't imagine how fucking pissed people would be if steam refunds didn't exist at this point.
    Asylum and City worked great on PC because Rocksteady handled it all themselves. For Knight they developed the XBox and PS versions but outsourced the PC port.