Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ended up finishing this a few days ago after deciding to rush through the story. I'm sure it's been mentioned but the game just gets worse and worse (performance wise) as the game goes on. The story events add effects to the environment that just break the game, ended up ruining it for me.

Still very good game, I can see that, even it it's at 20fps but I won't be touching it until it's fixed and I'm pretty much done with WB as far as purchases go.

Deleted
    Tried it for a couple of hours this morning on PC, on a GTX 780 and an i7

After uncapping the frame rate it seemed to be all over the place, anywhere from 30 to 45 to 60, with some pretty severe and noticeable drops in some areas, calling the batmobile seems to make the game run at almost single digit fps for a very short time. I also noticed that uncapping the frate rate caused a lot of dialogue to go out of sync with the lips moving, which looks awkward at first, but I've gotten used to it.

I think the most glaring issue for me so far though has been the textures, some of the textures seem to not be loading in properly, ever, and if that's not the case, well then some of the textures I'm seeing are the poorest I've seen in quite a while, I'm pretty sure it's a bug though because it only happens in certain areas.

Overall the game seems fun so far, was kinda hoping I'd be able to be one of the lucky few to run it without a hitch, but it would seem not, I'll put it down for a couple months and come back later.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Tried it for a couple of hours this morning on PC, on a GTX 780 and an i7

After uncapping the frame rate it seemed to be all over the place, anywhere from 30 to 45 to 60, with some pretty severe and noticeable drops in some areas, calling the batmobile seems to make the game run at almost single digit fps for a very short time. I also noticed that uncapping the frate rate caused a lot of dialogue to go out of sync with the lips moving, which looks awkward at first, but I've gotten used to it.

I think the most glaring issue for me so far though has been the textures, some of the textures seem to not be loading in properly, ever, and if that's not the case, well then some of the textures I'm seeing are the poorest I've seen in quite a while, I'm pretty sure it's a bug though because it only happens in certain areas.

Overall the game seems fun so far, was kinda hoping I'd be able to be one of the lucky few to run it without a hitch, but it would seem not, I'll put it down for a couple months and come back later.
    So odd, since I use a GTX 780 and i7 aswell and I my FPS sticks consistently around 60, even when in the Batmobile. Haven't had any texture tears or glitches either.

Are you running a 64 bit system?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    So odd, since I use a GTX 780 and i7 aswell and I my FPS sticks consistently around 60, even when in the Batmobile. Haven't had any texture tears or glitches either.

Are you running a 64 bit system?
    Curious what settings are you running at as I have roughly the same as you. Framerame only seem to drop some for me when the Batmobile was being used. Granted I haven't played much (got up to the Ivy part).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Curious what settings are you running at as I have roughly the same as you. Framerame only seem to drop some for me when the Batmobile was being used. Granted I haven't played much (got up to the Ivy part).
    I just did the Benchmark and the Auto settings put everything at "high" but I turned off the Nvidia Gearworks stuff, though the Rain effects and such still looked as though it was on. so I dunno.

The ingame Benchmark only hit a minimum of 59.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2015-07-12 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I just did the Benchmark and the Auto settings put everything at "high" but I turned off the Nvidia Gearworks stuff, though the Rain effects and such still looked as though it was on. so I dunno.

The ingame Benchmark only hit a minimum of 59.
    Ah ok. Mines a 760 i5-4690K and I think I just set the nVidia GeForce Experience to Max Quality and the benchmark was showing 40-60 fps which isn't bad. (Use to playing 15-20 fps on my old cards). I changed it back to "optimal" but haven't loaded it to see if I notice any difference.

Was just curious was all.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...ntil-september

LOL are they fucking kidding? So glad I got this game on Xbox. Didn't get my new gaming PC until after this game came out.

Yea Fenris, I wasn't too happy when I read that article either. I will be on to new games then. Season Pass better get included to anyone who did not refund their game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this explains why the price on G2A has dropped to $25 for the game and season pass.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...ntil-september

LOL are they fucking kidding? So glad I got this game on Xbox. Didn't get my new gaming PC until after this game came out.
    Here's an update to your article. Yours believes September - November.

This one says August from WB:

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/07/19...ugust-release/

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Offi...619744#U619744

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Here's an update to your article. Yours believes September - November.

This one says August from WB:

http://www.twinfinite.net/2015/07/19...ugust-release/

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Offi...619744#U619744
    The "official" patch that's supposed to fix shit comes out in September. But there was a huge backlash from PC gamers (predictably) so they're releasing an interim patch in August.

At least that's how I understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The "official" patch that's supposed to fix shit comes out in September. But there was a huge backlash from PC gamers (predictably) so they're releasing an interim patch in August.

At least that's how I understand it.
    Game is pretty much fixed atm, Works fine on my PC as I had posted and several of my friends with similar and some slightly weaker PCs picked it up on a Keysite like I did after I told them and it has worked fine for all of them.

Thats only 6 people and is pretty anecdotal, but 6 for 6 on average PC's is pretty good.

I did experience heavy FPS drops after I decided to turn on the GameWorks options, as I really just wanted to see how pretty the game could be. I unlocked my cap and set it to 60, and 90% of the time I'd be sitting comfortably at 59 FPS.

I really did enjoy the game, though I definitely do think it does need some fixing as the framedrops mostly seemed to happen to me whenever a lot of PhysX was involved, or whenever the bat-tank would enter the game.

Storywise I do think it's pretty damned good, especially with the way they tell/show it. I really enjoyed the very last bit of the main story.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

Razorfist doing what he does best.

Warning : Spoiler and F bomb alert.

7+ Year Old Account
    First patch is out. 60fps is now supported in the graphics menu. High textures have been added. There is a VRAM meter to show how much you're using. And you can now turn off chromatic aberration and film grain in the menu. Also, the antialiasing has been identified. Instead of just saying "a high quality full screen antialiasing effect", it now clearly says it is SMAA.

The game runs MUCH better on powerful single GPU's now. SLI has not been fixed yet (they stated that is coming). AMD cards are still having some issues because AMD hasn't updated their drivers in forever (you have to use a beta to get the game to work correctly now). And there is another bug that is causing issues for those who have exactly 8GB of RAM (fix for this will be in the SLI patch).

But in most cases, the game runs MUCH better and is actually playable now. All of the extra debris and textures that were present in the PS4 version but missing on PC have been added. The game still isn't for sale yet, but I think it will actually be worth it when it does go back on sale. I'd say the problems are about 90% fixed at this point.

I ended up watching a play through while I drank some good beer. I got sucked into the story. I liked the way they did the thing with the ones guy. (Vague for spoilers).

And I'm only glad I did because those driving segments would have drove me..well..batty.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I blazed through the game upon release, and stupidly bought the season pass. Well I finally went back yesterday after 3 months or so to download all the DLC I had paid for and play it all. However when I was done I noticed that there is a trophy/achievement for beating Scarecrow's Nightmare Missions, which was not something available to me for download? Why would Season Pass holders get access to Harley Quinn/Red Hood (which were also pre order exclusives) but not the Scarecrow missions?

I'm just in shock that they brushed this off like it wasn't a problem and aren't giving anything to people who kept the game regardless of the problems. Unless something changes I will be staying away from WB games going forward. PS+ was founded on something bad happening, Bioware gave a "complete" ending for Mass Effect AFTER the game was released, and various other games have had TERRIBLE launches and had given their consumers something as a sorry/thank you. Yet these assholes think they're above that...I think WB may be worse than activision to me...

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I'm just in shock that they brushed this off like it wasn't a problem and aren't giving anything to people who kept the game regardless of the problems. Unless something changes I will be staying away from WB games going forward. PS+ was founded on something bad happening, Bioware gave a "complete" ending for Mass Effect AFTER the game was released, and various other games have had TERRIBLE launches and had given their consumers something as a sorry/thank you. Yet these assholes think they're above that...I think WB may be worse than activision to me...
    Probably because they aren't done fixing the PC issues? Until they are done fixing all the issues there's no point in giving anything out. PC Customers can't get any of the Season Pass content so far. So *if* they are giving anything out they might as well wait till all the PC issues are solved. Otherwise it sends the message of "We fixed a lot of stuff, here is a Season Pass for free that you can't use while we fix the rest of the issues!"

Granted, I guess I was one of the weird ones as I didn't have any issues as at all playing it. After the fixed I gained maybe a few more fps and got the added textures which I don't even notice, especially when in battle or flying/roaming around.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I didn't have any issues with the game myself either. At least soon we can finally play the DLC on PC.