Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    They're not called 'mods'. Mods are appointed by each channel owner to watch said owner's chatroom. Twitch admins run the website.

Damn, that sucks. I thought it was kind of odd that he was the only person streaming Heroes of the Storm the other day.

Hopefully, he can somehow get another channel up and running. Devai's a good guy and one of the few streamers left I actually enjoy watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was unbanned yesterday evening so I think it's sorted

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    To be fair, it's Twitch. A website known for childish mods, intermod drama impacting streamers, and extremely controversial bans.

If he broke the rules, then great they did their job. But being skeptical of bans on Twitch isn't unreasonable.

Funny. Been watching twitch for over a year. this is the first I'm hearing of any of this.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask him....it's not like he is any kind of real celebrity. He is a day to day person who enjoys playing video games and happens to stream video of it live.

i'm sure you can find him on facebook or twitter or something. Just ask him.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Funny. Been watching twitch for over a year. this is the first I'm hearing of any of this.
    An admin went on a banning spree because people were laughing at furries, he was, ironically, a furry; He eventually was removed from his position.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    An admin went on a banning spree because people were laughing at furries, he was, ironically, a furry; He eventually was removed from his position.
    Holy shit we better burn twitch to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/sarcasm]
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Holy shit we better burn twitch to the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/sarcasm]
    Not quite, but they do have a history with controversy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

he was also a mod on some popular subreddits and went on a banning spree there against anyone who mentioned it. IIRC it all started because twitch were removing some peoples emote icons for being inappropriate, so people pointed out the admins own icons were inappropriate and it all went south from there.

Deleted
    wasnt aware but it seems akin to other drama on twitch where people seem to suddenly start heavily infocing the ToS.
    The concept of sub-giveaways has been going on for ages....only recently i have noticed sub giveaways have vanished from many streams due to the ToS saying promotions must be free. its been going of for a while, even admins have been in the giveaways if they are subbed.
    Also giveaways are apparently limited to US citizens only and how many giveaways must there have been with non-us winners ( i know of half a dozen if friends giveaways) this really doesnt help eu streamers,

Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
    wasnt aware but it seems akin to other drama on twitch where people seem to suddenly start heavily infocing the ToS.
    The concept of sub-giveaways has been going on for ages....only recently i have noticed sub giveaways have vanished from many streams due to the ToS saying promotions must be free. its been going of for a while, even admins have been in the giveaways if they are subbed.
    Also giveaways are apparently limited to US citizens only and how many giveaways must there have been with non-us winners ( i know of half a dozen if friends giveaways) this really doesnt help eu streamers,

According to Wikipedia:
    As of 2014, Twitch is the fourth largest source of internet traffic during peak times in the United States, behind Netflix, Google, and Apple. Twitch makes up 1.8% of total US internet traffic during peak periods.

Twitch has become too popular and too profitable. Because of that, it's also started to go to shit. All of a sudden, there is strict enforcement of the rules and regulations and the admins are obviously afraid of stepping on toes. It's become less about gamers sharing their love of gaming and more about business.

Also, the amount of streamers who are looking to grab a quick buck have polluted what was once a great community. As the saying goes - 'all good things must come to an end'. Twitch will run itself into the ground before too long and we'll simply move on to the next best thing.

It sounds like the guy was doing things he shouldn't. If twitch allows their website (which is huge) to host content that could bring legal action against them, they are going to shut it down first and sort it out later.