Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they ban players... What could happen is the blocking of Russian IP (from and to) traffic.
    But that's not limited to WoW then.

And yet I doubt this will happen at all. Imo the truth is, that the Ukraine situation is used as a tool for a pissing contest.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Oh my living god. Just.... Jesus Christ these russians scare the living crap out of me. It's mind boggling how the government controlled Russian media is portraying this situation.
    Well, the channel Russia one, portraits the situation as western supported neo-nazis who took over kiev, removed the russian language as a national approved language (which was done), and are going berserk in Kiev.

All while poor Russians in Krim is in danger from theese rampaging psychoes who took over power with our help, and they therefore gotta help out the poor bastards, with Tanks ofcourse.

Either way, the west will never understand the east and the other way around.

Anyhow

Last edited by Crispin; 2014-03-05 at 12:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Iranians used to be banned, however the ban is lifted. Iran is also back on the list of countries in account creation screen. however blizzard is keeping it low profile, threads about Iran's ip ban get locked on b.net and they never did offer any through explanation for it.

anyways, I doubt something like that will happen. (russians getting banned from WoW) Russian players far outnumber iranian and syrian players.

Well they would deserve it (the russian player) tbh. And the Russian people. I usually don't have any issues with people living in a country that I don't like... but in Russia's case... they are kind of the reason of all the bad things happening there so yeah.

They'll just have to enjoy killing/torturing each other.

Edit : I know they are not all like that, but the majority is.

Homophobia is so gay.

Im surprised no one has brought up the fact that blizzard has offices in the EU to handle the EU side, don't quote me but im sure blizzard has made redundancies by having their EU players be handled through a business that actually is based in the EU, ie a registered business within the EU that is subject to EU law and regulations and not US, food for thought....

10+ Year Old Account
    If, hypothetically, US will ban russian IPs, it would be as in russian saying "I'll frostbite my ears in spite of mom". How many russian paid internet services do you use or can name at least? I use 0, while I've spent money on Steam, GW2 and Blizzard services. I refuse to believe US could be that silly.

Making connections to a minority of extremists among the protestors to some nazi group from WW2 makes no sense whatsoever.

they are not minority of the protestors - they were majority on majdan - they were those who overthrown legaly elected president - people like Klitchko, Jaceniuk and others who were discussing thisngs with Janukowycz had nothing to say they were shit scared of those natinals - its was the mob from majdan who did this - Klitchko has even refused joining the nevly elected goverment cause he saw that Janukowycz people were just changed to Tymoszenko people and nothung will change there - u cant just negate the events of last 3 months on majdan and just look on event of last week in Crimea where 70 % people are Russians not Ukrainins - thats hwy they are legitimately scared of Kijew especially that in first week of ruling Kijew extremeits proclaimed the language act which bans Russian language people from any of political life - so in area where 70 % of people are Russians it owuld be the 30 % only having acces to public offices positions. and guss who was elected as rules of those areas by the extrmeist Kijev people ? ofc Tymoszenko people - they are lal worth the same whether its Janukowycz or Tymoszenko bunch of thiefs - and only ones who suffer is ukrainina nation - and the Russian part of it have enough - they want no more being ruled by thieves.

and those who think anyone in Nato will do anything is just dumb - from UK there were yesterdays leaks how goverment refuses to do any sanctions agains Russia cause it would struck their economy much more then its worth - same is with other countires - Nobody in EU has any buisness with sanctioning Russia - is onlu the USA who have any business in doin it.

again read what "UPA" and "Bandera" as their leader were doin during end and soon after WW2 and then maybe u will understand why those russians are scared. UPA were worse then beasts - read on what wepaons they used to exterminate people - it was scythes etc - and most of those who they slaughtered were women and children - its hard facts and also a natinal taboo - nobody in ukrina teahces about it in school history lessons cause of how ashamed they are. cause Bandera is now their natinal hero and this hero ordered to slaughered hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2014-03-05 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesh View Post
    Im surprised no one has brought up the fact that blizzard has offices in the EU to handle the EU side, don't quote me but im sure blizzard has made redundancies by having their EU players be handled through a business that actually is based in the EU, ie a registered business within the EU that is subject to EU law and regulations and not US, food for thought....
    If it is handled seperately like China then I think Russians will be fine. However that means that US Blizz will not see a single peny EU Blizz makes with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeya Shaman View Post
    An economic embargo forbids ANY US business from doing business with people of that country, WoW subs included. It happened to Iranian players with the Iran embargo.
    Dident even know Iran had the ability to play wow on the internet. There servers must be small lol.

This is why Blizzard needs to move to the principality of sea land.

Deleted
    If you think that would hurt russia you are crazy, it would only hurt US, wow generates a cashflow from russia to US.
    If they ban russians and russian start putting cash into their own countrys games it actually helps russia...
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2014-03-05 at 01:35 PM.

We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    We can only hope.
    Why you gotta hate on Russians?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Since 50% or more of all account theft and fraud originates from Russia (and other Eastern European countries to be fair) it would be interesting to see the effects of a ban of Russian accounts. Would make it obvious when people were doing fraudulent activity from there... since... all of it would be fraudulent.
    Wow, Chinese farmers are suddenly Russian farmers now?

Too bad this isn't WW2 again, unlike the Russian media would have them believe apparently.
    You have no idea how right you are.
    WWII has become something like War for Independence for US in Russia. Holy cow for dirty politicians.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    WWII is holy cow for EVERYONE in Russia. If you believe that orthodox christianity is the main religion in this country, you are deeply mistaken. It is Cult of Victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Well, the channel Russia one, portraits the situation as western supported neo-nazis who took over kiev, removed the russian language as a national approved language (which was done), and are going berserk in Kiev.
    Just wanting to add that the Ukrainian Neo-Nazi usurpers have also banned the use of the Greek and Hebrew languages.

There is a sizeable Greek minority in Ukraine with a continuous historic presence that goes back to 2700 years ago.

I don't like Nazis, and I also hate people who forbid the use of the Greek language. This sounds like a national insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Wow, Chinese farmers are suddenly Russian farmers now?
    A friend who flew to Greece today with her baby to escape Ukrainian Neo-Nazis told me that the average worker's salary in the Ukraine is 100-150 euro.

She is an ethnic Ukrainian herself, but her husband is Russian.

Apparently she received insults and threats by the Ukrainian Nazis who called her "race traitor" and "national traitor" b/c she married a Russian. She got scared and flew here where she feels safe.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2014-03-05 at 02:12 PM.

So she flew from a place with false Nazis, to a place with real Nazis?

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited to clarify:

Since the discussion of politics rather than this specific topic continued despite warnings, this thread is being closed. If you want to discuss your feelings and opinions on the Russia and Ukraine situation, please head to GenOT. Thanks.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-03-05 at 04:42 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..